Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

Thank you GGG! You are awesome!
I don't play SC but I think it should be that high because Death should be meaningful.
Good move GGG. The penalty was too high to keep more casual gamers interested after hitting the wall known as act 3 cruel. The hardcore guys have their league, as if anyone takes softcore progression seriously anyway. Keep doing whats best for long term success of the game =)
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Flatlined2008 wrote:
"
Another change it includes is that six socket items are now included in the set of allocated items (like four-link items were).

Explaination anyone??

If an item has 6 sockets, it is now allocated to a player for a certain amount of time, just like rare items are.

Thanks!!
IGN: Taytae
"
Flatlined2008 wrote:
"
Another change it includes is that six socket items are now included in the set of allocated items (like four-link items were).

Explaination anyone??

4 linked items get allocated to one player, not free for all, but right now 6 sockets don't, but this is going to change so they do get allocated.

BTW, someone in my team found a 6L lvl ~60 dex armor tonight, pretty amazing to see because it is maybe more rare to drop than a mirror? I'm not sure, but I have never seen mirror drop for anyone.
I laughed a bit too hard...
"
Chypre wrote:
"
Flatlined2008 wrote:
"

Explaination anyone??

4 linked items get allocated to one player, not free for all, but right now 6 sockets don't, but this is going to change so they do get allocated.

BTW, someone in my team found a 6L lvl ~60 dex armor tonight, pretty amazing to see because it is maybe more rare to drop than a mirror? I'm not sure, but I have never seen mirror drop for anyone.

It is definitely not more rare than a mirror.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
I'm not going to comment on the heated discussion on EXP loss (and it's not relevant to me anyway), but I am perfectly fine and agree with six socket items being allocated. They are one jeweller off of having the value of a chaos, not like chromatic links which are fine unallocated as-is.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
In City of Heroes, you paid off experience dept gradually, so while in dept you earned experience at a 50% rate, while the remaining 50% of your experience went to pay off your debt. Still, that could be a huge deterrent if you had a lot (since the cap was around 1 whole level of debt). Still, I play my standard characters pretty wrecklessly, so I am fine with the current proposal.
Last edited by Britannicus on Jul 25, 2013, 1:49:46 AM
I wonder if GGG ever considered implementing a value death penalty besides or instead of the experience one. Implement durability on items, or use the quality attribute to force usage of orbs upon death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info