Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

hm, 15% was sometimes quite annoying but it also increased your own ingameskills. mby u should lower it after a char reaches lvl 85 or something like that when u dont get much xp anymore...
ING Infuriateground
It was fine at 15%, I really dislike this change. Pretty disappointed.

Personally I dig the change as I find dieing at high levels to be the most frustrating thing in the game right now (yes, more frustrating than crafting :D).

8% should be enough to keep people from bruteforcing harder enemies.

Did you consider a system similar to the one used in Titan Quest?
In TQ a gravestone was created at the place of your last death which you could then click on in order to recover a percentage of the experience you have lost. Only one gravestone could exist at a time.

This way you could keep the initial penalty at 5%/15% and reward players for overcoming tougher challenges by playing carefully after dieing once.
Last edited by Victo on Jul 25, 2013, 4:24:08 AM
I also vote for 5% / 10%.
Deutscher Chat: /global 4745
Disappointed.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
I don't think the penalty change for cruel change was necessary, levels don't exactly come slowly on cruel anyways, however losing 15% on a toon in really late levels in merciless is horrifically crushing, especially when desync or a lag spike is involved. I personally like the reduction in merciless, we can bitch all day about whether or not it is now trivial or not, fact is there is a league specifically for the guys who think death penalties on standard are too trivial, and there is a league for people who don't like crushing consequences for dying, 7.5% is still a lot at later levels.
As for the six socket allocation, i feel that is a little sad, I always enjoyed ninja'ing those, even when I was on euro and US servers with 300-400 latency I was still good at nicking them, I get the feeling the other guys I was playing with will probably like the change though.

Keep up the good work guys, this game has me addicted like none other ever has, and whilst my family and friends probably hate you for it, I love you.
"
griD wrote:
I also vote for 5% / 10%.

I vote for 0% on Cruel and 25% on Merciless.

I am hugely dissapointed by the change to death penalties.

Such changes were the sole reason I quit Diablo 3 - the game become so retardedly easy the only way to play it was hardcore. And I do not have time to level up 85 lvl char when he/she dies.

I am not Kripparian FFS.

I dig the Diablo 2 feel of 15% exp penalty - it was like a whip, and it kept the gameplay challenging.

Hugely dissapointed, GGG.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
im ok with 15%. but atm im dying alot from desync. maybe a good idea to reduce penalty until this can be fixed.
I'll join the "death penalty shouldn't be that low" crowd... I really like the new anarchy league, since i love the idea of the rogue exiles and with a hard death penalty death is still punished hard enough that i got an almost HC feeling in near death situations.

But that feeling came only in merciless - the old cruel penalty which isn't much lower than the new merciless one doesn't even get close to that...
I personally dislike the change, since at least for me it'll reduce the satisfaction of making a working build in anarchy/default.

IF you really want to reduce the penalty keep it at least on 5%/10% IMHO.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
great change

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info