Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

Hey GGG,

Can you tell me why you listen to the whiners and extremely casual players who don't really care about your game?

Those changes (all of them) are just making the game easier. In addition it removes the only competition existing ... the run for the 6-Sockets. So in my opinion you shouldn't make the same mistake Blizzard and many other gaming companys did. Don't listen to the whiners, build your game like you want to have it and listen to the people who rly love your game. Even though the amount of those players might be smaller, it is the safer playerbase. A base you can rely on if they don't turn their back on you if changes like this keep coming up. :/
Last edited by Xantaria on Jul 25, 2013, 3:49:00 AM
"
yastru wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
"
yastru wrote:

create a group.
item allocation mode : free for all.

how does it affect you remind me ?

Now any item is FFA, Exalted Orbs, Shavronnes, ANYTHING. Do you really think any ranged would want to play that? Obviously not since not even a Quicksilver would make it possible for you to loot jackshit. The only reason that system worked in D2 was because of the stash size before LOD.

Hell, I dont care if they patch shit like that on Standard. By all means, they should give you people Shavronnes and Kaoms from the vendor, please. By theres a reason the Hardcore leagues are called Hardcore so I would like them to finally stop treating every league the exact same but finally let Hardcore league be what they are name after. Since loot tension also should be called of that league.

lol, then with your logic, why would any ranged would want to play with 6s unalocated ?

and.. now, allocating 6s is taking the hard out of hardcore ?

gdmn, i saw a lot of whines here, but whines this stupid..

You dont even realize that all the minor changes add up and if unallocated 6 sockets are the last thing they can remove it is a big thing if they actually do.

Why the hell are you even arguing about Hardcore league? Youre a 1 character Standard player.
@Xantaria: Because we are the paying playerbase...
Fargali: "And for those who wants more death penalty just go out and die a second time"
"
biggles wrote:
A death penalty that low is fairly trivial.

If the goal is to prevent death-diving a boss - why not just prevent it?

Making portals unusable for 10 minutes post-death would do the trick.

If you wanna be cruel - ghost the toon, and make them run all the way back; the penalty is time.

its nothing but trivial when u get to 80+ levels.
5% - 10% would be better, but even this is great when 90% of all player deaths happen due to sever issues.
thats one-two days of playing for some people.
nothing "hardcore" about grinding for hours and hours just because you desynched.
when they fix it, they can implement 100%penalty for all i care.
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
To all the bums nerdraging against 6s being allocated and QQing about "lazy" and "leechers". How about YOU create a party for once?? Huh? Ever thought about that? Then set it to FFA and enjoy. The game has options, YOU're the one with limits...
"
care bear mode for the care bear scrubs who can't handle the hardcore.

Incoming comments about "I Wont play hardcore until desync is fixed"

How about you support the game and then you have the right to be holier than though
I like the XP change. This is good especially since the XP gain diminishes immensely after around level 88. The 6 socket change is a little bit of a bummer. It was fun to race to the 6 sockets in a party with friends.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
I'm too lazy to read the 18 pages of feedback, but as I took time to complain a little about the CI nerf in previous patch, I feel I have to give a feedback here, a good one this time ;)
I feel this death penalty an important part of the game. Reducing its value is probably a good thing.

In some MMO (I didn't play a lot), you can level down. I always thanked GGG to not put such a thing in PoE. The actual mechanics, for casuals like me, force to have two kind of sessions :
- exping
- other (farm, story, map, testing gem builds, ...)

With so high amounts of death penalty (in Merciless for instance), I just can't mix both. Because one mistake, boom lost like half an hour of safe exping (and I'm still under 70). In a 2h session, that means a lot.

So, reducing the penalty will probably give me the chance to exp in more dangerous areas, or hoping I can cumulate exp and farm.
Personally I like the change but I think it should be a reward for reaching a higher level. Say you reach level 80 it goes to 10%, level 90 5%, level 95 2.5%, level 98+ 1%.

Until they release higher level maps once you get above 90 you have to do 76+ maps all day everyday to get just a small amount of XP. Even with XP gear you die and that could be days of work. Unless you no life it you will never reach 100.

I also think they did not expect HVR or anyone to get 100 so soon(but he no life'd it.

So instead of a blanket system have it be a reward..
IGN MasterDavid
Shop Threads:
Rampage Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008652
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/poe_masterdavid
[removed by Admin]
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Jul 25, 2013, 3:57:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info