Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

"
nynyny wrote:
"
"
_avenged_ wrote:
Yeap. Very happy to see that GGG recognizes that there are (to define it in broad terms) two major groups of players.

Two major groups? Is that why 80% of the players are on standard/anarchy?

Ever thought about that being the case because HC/Onslaught characters dropping to Standard and because of that the characters count as active Standard characters?

The numbers are active players, not overall characters made. There's ~5 on hardcore. If it was overall existing characters, that number wouldn't make sense at this point.

Also, its 40% standard, 40% anarachy. The %s cant possibly be for overall characters made.
Last edited by Magnicon on Jul 25, 2013, 3:43:49 AM
I think the EXP penalty should scale appropriately. In other words, the higher the level--or difficulty--the LOWER the penalty. This compensates for the fact that it takes MORE exp to level at higher levels. What is it to you if you lose 15% at level 50, compared to 15% at level 80? However, if this were changed where you lose 15% at level 50 but scales gradually to something like 3% at level 80? This would be a lot better.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on Jul 25, 2013, 3:46:05 AM
Do not like:(

another difficulty nerf, QQ to win ?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
yastru wrote:

create a group.
item allocation mode : free for all.

how does it affect you remind me ?

Now any item is FFA, Exalted Orbs, Shavronnes, ANYTHING. Do you really think any ranged would want to play that? Obviously not since not even a Quicksilver would make it possible for you to loot jackshit. The only reason that system worked in D2 was because of the stash size before LOD.

Hell, I dont care if they patch shit like that on Standard. By all means, they should give you people Shavronnes and Kaoms from the vendor, please. By theres a reason the Hardcore leagues are called Hardcore so I would like them to finally stop treating every league the exact same but finally let Hardcore leagues be what they are named after. Since loot tension also should be part of that league.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 25, 2013, 3:47:12 AM
"
drepanaspis1 wrote:
I vote for 5% and 10%, 3 and 8 just seems a little low.

+1 !!!!
IGN: mxsy
Check out my (rarely live) stream here https://www.twitch.tv/mxsy !

Rhoa Whisperer by choice.
Bad change in my opinion. game should stay hard as it is.
A death penalty that low is fairly trivial.

If the goal is to prevent death-diving a boss - why not just prevent it?

Making portals unusable for 10 minutes post-death would do the trick.

If you wanna be cruel - ghost the toon, and make them run all the way back; the penalty is time.

"
Kagari wrote:
A reward when we don't die, is more intersting than a pure XP loss also. I believe it was like this in Sacred 2 if i rememeber. You were slowly building a XP/loot bonus when playing, and loose the entire bonus when you die.

Nice idea, beside that this enforces you even more to play as long as possible to get the most out of this bonus. I dont think we need another advantage handed to players that can spend multiple hours each day for playing.
And... why not simply considering "no penalty" as the bonus for not dying? ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
The numbers are active players, not overall characters made. There's ~5 on hardcore. If it was overall existing characters, that number wouldn't make sense at this point.

Also, its 40% standard, 40% anarachy. The %s cant possibly be for overall characters made.

Well then you should try to figure out what an active player defines first because if its "login in once a month" half of the players playing Hardcore will be seen as active Standard players.

Obviously no one plays HC anymore.
"
nynyny wrote:
"
yastru wrote:

create a group.
item allocation mode : free for all.

how does it affect you remind me ?

Now any item is FFA, Exalted Orbs, Shavronnes, ANYTHING. Do you really think any ranged would want to play that? Obviously not since not even a Quicksilver would make it possible for you to loot jackshit. The only reason that system worked in D2 was because of the stash size before LOD.

Hell, I dont care if they patch shit like that on Standard. By all means, they should give you people Shavronnes and Kaoms from the vendor, please. By theres a reason the Hardcore leagues are called Hardcore so I would like them to finally stop treating every league the exact same but finally let Hardcore league be what they are name after. Since loot tension also should be called of that league.

lol, then with your logic, why would any ranged would want to play with 6s unalocated ?

and.. now, allocating 6s is taking the hard out of hardcore ?

gdmn, i saw a lot of whines here, but whines this stupid..
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info