Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

I want to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater now.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
Yeah I like the changes.

An online only F2P game in 2013 needs to cater to as many people as possible to increase the amount of people who will potentially pay for stuff. Extremely punishing gameplay of any kind doesn't support that, and greatly hurts the financial potential of the game.

I was surprised by some of these changes at first, but at this point I expect to see regular caving on GGGs part. Its become very clear that they really had no idea what they were getting into when they started developing this game. Its proven on a regular basis when you see these kinds of changes, and compare them to statements that have been made in the past.

Anyone who thought that this game would stay super hardcore and punishing, AND be successful, in this day and age, was being naive. It simply can't survive like that. Its also fairly clear that the game is not doing remotely as well as some of you imagined it would. They need to start making changes like this as often as possible. F2P games can and do "die" very quickly.
maybe start new longer leagues with 0.11.3?

my suggestions would be 2month leagues as follows:

1) Standard solo/ironman league.
2) hc solo/ironman league with reverse Onslaught (25% reduced in mobs). This would make standard people try out hc and would support the hard difficultu step of solo only league.
3. hc solo ironman. (there would be more difficultu since you cant party).

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
bliss1234 wrote:
Thats not the point of perma allocation. You arent supposed to be fighting for anything.

Go play FFA, you can fight for everything there

FFA is stupid in high level maps with full groups. Not only do you risk death for trying to run in to get every item, but most of the time you cannot see anything because of the full screens of loot.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
I think the best option to help new players to level up, but still keep the fun for semi hardcore players to avoid casual (despite playing SC) is to start the xp penalty at level 68, when you are supposed to kill the current end boss, and finished the 'normal' game. Then every additional level means 2 extra % of xp loss. So for examample a lvl 80 char would lose 24% of xp. This way the endgame is hard, but getting there is not. I don't understand the problem of allocating 6s items, play in an ffa party then, it seems a lot of people like it. perm allocation is for those who has lag, or don't wanna concentrate on the loot, but the fight.
And remember that casual players are not that likely to post and read the forums, so it is more likely that the hardcore players what happens to the game more
IGN: Vensun
i`d just reduce death penality to 5% on cruel and merciless or completely remove it.
Death penality becomes really annoying in combination with desync.
Without it well you just have to play carefully to a certain degree.
4,8% is a good way to start with. 5% should be enough to make people think about their build. You must not die in maps either(or not that often) so you can finish them. Maybe just remove death penality above lv75 when maps are the way to go.

For me, the new penalty rates are good and positive change for character progression. Thank goodness GGG!
PHP Guild - Philippines
should keep merciless and just nerf cruel, not like most players even die in cruel. merciless sure doesn't sound "merciless" when it's not even 10% xp penalty
Lots of replies when it comes to 6S items with many of them mentioning how you cannot see anything on the screen for all the loot.

This has been something I have been wondering about for a while - surely GGG will be looking to fix this by giving us means to filter what loots items are displayed as opposed to the z-key approach that we current have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info