0.9.11l Patch Notes

"
ac429 wrote:
Actually, if we had damage numbers pop up in combat, it might have been easier to find. Instead of seeing damage ~100 points, we should start seeing damage ~150 to 200 on targets shocked, right?

Another reason to implement it, maybe? =D

NOOOOOOOO.
That is all.
Ever since this patch, I can't log in. I get to the login page & Client.exe crashes. This is all I see in the application log:
Faulting application name: Client.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50358969
Faulting module name: Client.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50358969
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002f0c1c
Faulting process id: 0x8f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd817fca0ecff3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe
Report Id: 0ed5a1f8-ed73-11e1-a10d-c86000a23a7f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Error: Couldnt resolve host name while downloading.
http://patch6.pathofexile.come:8095/patch/0.9.11.16/art/models/items/armour/bodyarmours/bodydex2a/bodydex2aint.sm

This message appears at 5.04%, 87.82MB of 1.70gb of the download.
"
ixJay wrote:
http://patch6.pathofexile.come:8095/patch/0.9.11.16/art/models/items/armour/bodyarmours/bodydex2a/bodydex2aint.sm

What are you downloading? oO
The patch is something around 8MB.

@mini-fix: Thanks for that fast reaction, now the attacks have some audible punch again. :)
Are there any plans to fix the hitboxes or monsters for Bowmen? More frequently than not my arrows just pass right through the center of monsters without doing damage. Same thing was happening a lot for me with the fireball skill.
I edit my posts. A lot.

Last edited by Glockshna at 7:04 PM 9/17/2012
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
ixJay wrote:

What are you downloading? oO
The patch is something around 8MB.

@mini-fix: Thanks for that fast reaction, now the attacks have some audible punch again. :)

I havent downloaded the last couple patches.. so i guess it built up :/
"
Jonathan wrote:
I'm inclined to agree about the damage effects, and I'm going to make sure that the threshold gets changed to something more like 1% today.

15% should never have slipped through.

The intention was just to make it so that if your a level 60 guy with a tiny amount of fire damage or something, then it doesn't appear.

Great news. Even maybe 2-5% might have worked - 15% was just a bit over the top hehe.
99% of suggested changes would make the game easier. Thats why only 1% of suggested ideas are even worth considering.
Last edited by arual on Aug 24, 2012, 5:17:43 AM
"Changed the "Massive" Map mod so that it can only spawn on outdoors maps."

Damn. Why? Maybe it should make indoor maps "Deep"... meaning maybe 3X the normal number of floors?

Thanks for the work on the rest of it though :).
Last edited by M1Combat on Aug 24, 2012, 6:22:21 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
zharmad wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
By the way, in case it wasn't clear, the patch notes say that the 'Shocked' state did not work and was fixed today. That is a massive buff to lightning skills.

That's a pretty big bug...

Yes, and none of the 100,000+ testers who played the game this year noticed :P

Assume nothing, check everything!

I surmise that it was missed for the following reasons:

- we tended to 1/2-hit normal mobs anyway.
- shocked procs are few and far in between. The only lightning spell that can proc it consistently, without overkilling everything is shock nova. Who uses that? ^^
- It's not that easy to notice a 40% increase according to damage ranges. I had assumed the mechanics was 40% increase (on top of other +% dmg passives and therefore much harder to notice), rather than 40% more in accordance with the mechanics thread. :P
So the Vaal oversoul... merciless... *Gulp*.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info