Officially Supported Linux Client

bumping this again, linux users spend plenty of money on stuff, just not system librarys.....
Using windows almost exclusively to run POE

BTW: I stopped playing PoE until they come out with a Linux port (if ever). I have a HiDPI 4k monitor now and Windows 7 is a horrible experience on it. I've been having problems with my video card in Windows 10, and personally I'm not a fan of the OS. So I don't want to use Windows 10, I can't use Windows 7 comfortably, so I'm now 100% Arch Linux.

As a side note, maybe once Vulkan is finished, developers might be more inclined to move away from DirectX. I love GGG, I want to keep playing PoE, and I don't think it would be too difficult to make this happen.

Also, I started a post asking the company to chime in about how we could help motivate the development of a Linux client, but it hasn't gotten any attention.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1414611
Last edited by corpsetiller on Sep 25, 2015, 5:48:31 PM
Linux OS is the best OS to install windows on with all the partitioning you can do.

Just seems rather useless compared to Mac or Windows especially if you're going to play games. It is unwise for devs to devote additional resources for a client that very few people actually use. On top of that you can just run windows 7 and linux on the same computer so what is the problem? If you don't have windows 7 you should just torrent it, no need to pay.

windows 8 is worst OS ever and I don't like how user unfriendly windows 10 is and the fact a lot of stuff is harder to find + too much bloatware making it slower than windows 7 (8 has that issue to, but lets be reasonable who even runs win 8 voluntarily?).

I wonder though how microsoft can have a huge team without anybody saying that it is really crappy to use with the way interfaces are done (removing start button was a brilliant way to confuse everyone using it, especially the more computer illiterate folks).

Arch Linux user here... PoE is the type of game you would expect to have a native Linux build. I can get it running in PoL, but if there were a Linux build, I bet there would be a massive surge of new players.
The moment PoE releases linux version i'm dropping Windows.

On Arch here, I'd love to see an official client.
+1

I'm thinking we're more likely to see a game engine overhaul than a Linux client.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info