Officially Supported Linux Client

I'm playing it using wine. I have no comparison, since this computer has never even seen a windows installation medium.
For a friend it works not quite as well with Linux (still playable) as with Windows. YMMV.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
613 :/

OpenSuSe 13.2 64b

I love Gentoo, and the only reason I keep Windows is this game. I'd really love to see it on Linux, would even assist in develop of it for free just to see it.
So, any reason you don't play on Gentoo? Is the performance worse or can't you get it to run?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
So, any reason you don't play on Gentoo? Is the performance worse or can't you get it to run?

I am fairly new to Gentoo(came straight from Ubuntu) so I did have trouble getting it to work. But I eventually got it, and it did take a slight performance loss. My hardware is good enough on Windows but any hit in FPS is kinda difficult to play with.

Edit: Was not paying attention to what I quoted, just woke up.
Last edited by DONG2RONG on Aug 4, 2015, 5:08:04 PM
IGN: Orlyi
617, arch linux, already streaming games from gamelauncher wintenedo to my arch laptop. The sooner i turn host into a linux box the better.
618 apparently.

With SteamOS just around the corner, and Windows 10 being full of spyware and other privacy-destroying new features, I'm planning to switch everything over to various flavors of Linux. Mint, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, SteamOS...etc.

I'd love to be able to take this game with me over to my new SteamOS-powered gaming rig I'm planning to build in the near future.

Win7's days are numbered too. Either my old hardware is eventually going to fail (since you can't buy Win7 anymore), or best case, 2020 will arrive at which point Microsoft will be cutting off support for Win7 users. Either way I'll be running SteamOS for my computer gaming far sooner than 2020 anyway, so seeing this game get Linux support would be great.
"Cast on Death build (not viable for HC)"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info