Officially Supported Linux Client

Your Linux client is a great idea. Ubuntu <3
Thread created in 2012

thread has 690 people wanting a linux client

Guess what's not going to happen with those numbers.

Seriously even a $60 supporters pack for the 690 people here would not cover the cost of porting...not even close.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
691 :-P
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Thread created in 2012

thread has 690 people wanting a linux client

Guess what's not going to happen with those numbers.

Seriously even a $60 supporters pack for the 690 people here would not cover the cost of porting...not even close.

This is exactly the kind of game linux users want to play (lots of nerdy tweaks). I have borderlands2 installed on steam and it runs better than it did on windows. The hard drive alone is 15% faster, ext4 vs ntfs. Much less background stuff, you arent sending stuff to microsoftbotnet1 and 2 nor the fake skype that ul's your stuff to codises (forget name). Cant have lag in this game

Windows is very heavy
Last edited by Chadwixx on Jun 19, 2018, 3:13:37 AM
OK, acknowledging that a full Linux port of PoE is probably not in the cards... what about working with Valve on improving Steam Play/Proton support? PoE is a top-100 game for Steam, and just barely outside of the top-10... exactly the kind of game that Valve should want to run flawlessly using in Linux using Proton, even though it's natively a Win32 program. If GGG were willing to work with Valve on this, then no Linux porting is needed to make full Linux compatibility possible for PoE, or for any other game whose developers are still actively working on it.

How about it GGG?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561

https://www.protondb.com/
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
THAT is the Thing ..PoE on Linux yeah

Linux is cool.

Certain Progs must be transferred to it and Windows would go down the Drain for sure.

As a Musician i want a simple linux with Cubase 5 !!!

For Gaming i want a simple linux with Path of Exile !!!

Funny but if someone presents a Linux Disc Image with PoE/Cubase ready installed ....it really gets a Million downloads per Day !!!!

I hope....i hope....i hope for sooo much more!

People are fed up with win 10 and its xbox section

PoE on xbox omg

same situation like at Blizzcon were a Hall full of PC Gamers (who payed for the presentation ) gets a crippled mobile version of diablo

if some gamecompanies need some money ....ask the SATISFIED gamercommunity

and stop to manipulate players

at least mobiles are a healthrisc and the biggest katastrophy since introducing the television

imho
Last edited by CollectOmatic on Nov 25, 2018, 4:52:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info