AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

OK I will not use the timer anymore.
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Thanks a lot for this very clear statement!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
Alea wrote:
"
666tnt666 wrote:
the lame autoit crap

autoit is a very good tool made by very good low level language programmers and deserve some kind of respect, especially if you dont know its real meaning of use.

btw i use autoit to warn me when my client.exe start to use too much RAM... or when i want to kill properly the client.exe process...

you cant do that with autohotkey for sure, but this is alot less offendable than /oos macro that IS an ingame automation :)

Wow, I'm impressed! You took only a small part out of one of my sentences, ripped it out of it's context and make it sounds like the complete opposite. You should stop wasting your time playing online games and become a very successful politican instead. ;D
"
FrostTiger wrote:

Install more server hardware to server pool. Server hardware is the cheapest resource to spend money on to solve desync problem. Time and effort (and salary of developers) to solve the desync problem and the customers'(i.e. PoE players) patience are much more expensive resource to spend than server cost.

Just double the number of server hardware and halve the minimum sync period (or double the sync frequency), that alone will improve desync problem greatly. Don't play cheap on server investment.

Desync problem is costing GGG's opportunity of success by letting their customers to be disappointed by desync and to leave this otherwise great game. PoE will never be commercially successful or even viable with such obvious and glaring problem.

GGG should fix it at any cost to succeed. Even the promised "hard-core experience" can be compromised or sacrificed to fix it. What is point of "hard-core experience" if leading cause of players death is desync, not slain by boss monster or defeat in PvP?

1)Desyncs are caused by latency between you and the server. The primary cause for this is your internet connection, and the fact that the servers are far away. Having instant* response time from the servers would not fix desyncs. See the article that the devs wrote in the manifesto to help explain what desyncs are. Increasing server traffic (which hypothetically increases server response time) would only increase desync frequency.

Edit:*By instant response time, I mean the server can send the response as soon as it receives your message, with no processing time. The messages you send still take time to get to the server, and the messages the server sends to you take time to get back. If the travel time for the messages was instant, and the server response time was instant, you wouldn't have any desyncs.

2)This is speculative, but as far as I can tell, servers are expensive, as are memory upgrades. Once you go beyond the typical 16/32 GB of RAM on a motherboard, parts get pricey. Sometimes you need to add more machines instead of more memory to one machine.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
Last edited by MenderSwiftpaw on Jul 24, 2013, 4:51:34 AM
Well, now we have a good reference thread to show it people having questions about macros. Please, don't derail it with desync discussions. I am glad that this thread wasn't removed in the first place.

Thank you Chris! :)

Edit:
Maybe you can edit Chris response into your OP, W1ndows.
People will immediately know that your macros are okay
but anything above that shouldn't be used.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 24, 2013, 5:12:19 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Objection!

GGG should NOT prohibit the timer'ed "/oos". Timer'ed "/oos" does not give any unfair advantage to player except less chance of desync. Desync and death from it are not designed or intended feature of this game. It is unfortunate side effect of poor game implementation, which should be fixed as soon as possible. Timer'ed "/oos" is the only reasonable and currently available defense against such poor state of this game development.

So timer'ed "/oos" is NOT unfair action by player. It is sole and reasonable self-defense against poor game anomaly.

The only negative side of the timer'ed "/oos" is increased server load and bandwidth. That should be handled by adding more server hardware to server farm, not by prohibiting timer'ed oos.

TL,DR: Fix the desync problem. Else, invest more server and permit timer'ed oos.

Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 1:23:36 AM
"
FrostTiger wrote:

GGG should NOT prohibit the timer'ed "/oos". Timer'ed "/oos" does not give any unfair advantage to player except less chance of desync. Desync and death from it are not designed or intended feature of this game.

Of course they SHOULD prohibit the timer'ed "/oos"! Why? Because it taxes the server what causes MORE DESYNC!!!!!
My fear with all of this is other games following GGGs path.

Newest games say to themselves hey let's put some mechanics into our game that causes desync and force people to constantly hit a resync button. We'll even put a mouse button on the ui for it. No big deal. Look GGG does it.
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:

GGG should NOT prohibit the timer'ed "/oos". Timer'ed "/oos" does not give any unfair advantage to player except less chance of desync. Desync and death from it are not designed or intended feature of this game.

Of course they SHOULD prohibit the timer'ed "/oos"! Why? Because it taxes the server what causes MORE DESYNC!!!!!

It is not valid reason to prohibit timer'ed "/oos". Just put more servers and everybody will enjoy less desync regardless of timed oos or not. More servers and periodic /oos is the best tentative solution to mitigate desync problem. Severe and destructive impact of desync on this game and customers (players) surely justifies spending considerable sum of money to buy more servers. Players are willing to pay price hike of microtransaction items by 50% in exchange of complete elimination of desync.

GGG devs should consider seriously even putting the periodic oos functionality into the PoE client itself. How about selling right to use periodic oos supported by PoE client itself as account feature microtransaction? The additional revenue from selling such automatic 00S functionality can be used to buy more servers to handle increased server load. I am willing to pay for it. It is win-win choice: Both players and GGG will be happier from such client-supported automatic OOS. I bet the client-supported automatic OOS will be the No.1 best seller among all microtransactions.

Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 9:02:31 AM
Any idea if macros for opening a portal or using ID scrolls would be allowed?
IGN: The_Lurch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info