AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

"
Mr_Bill wrote:

You do know that the respawns do not grant XP?

Thats the problem with some people saying how easy things are, they don't know what they are talking about.

Well I think I get XP from the totem's mobs, but I'll check out later and let you know. But it is very good to hear that respawns do not grant XP in POE. Do you know drakensang online? It is a similar arpg where everyone runs this method on certain mobs to get endless amounts of whatever.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
I actually wrote a little app to do the /oos macro when I press a key as well. (didn't bother searching for macro programs).

As far as detection of bot-esque behavior, there are many potential pieces of data that GGG may be logging as part of their BI (buisness intelligence) data. Off the top of my head, number of instances created, online time, number of oos commands sent, and on and on and on. Once you have some basic metric to detect fishy behavior, you narrow your list down and look at the data with human eyes to see things like timestamps, inventory, chat history, etc. to determine if the person is botting. It would be child's play to see that a player sends the /oos command every 10 seconds, or even 6 times per minute on average (to detect the random feature). I know that GGG keeps BI data because it's smart to do so (because that info is useful to determine what type of content and features to offer your customer base), and because they already tipped their hand by saying they knew of at least 1 player who used the previously unknown 20% Gem recipe. Spoilers: GGG knows which recipes you use.

I would definitely say that you should NOT automate the macro to type "/oos" periodically. Use the command as intended, and press the button only when you need it. Additionally, as previously mentioned, I would foresee an increase in overall network latency if a decent number of players did automate the oos command, especially if they are using it as frequently as once every 10 seconds. Sending the oos is different than a chat message because it has to be processed by the server, computed, and responded to (whereas chat text will just check if you are ignored/muted, apply any appropriate language filters, and forward the message along). The response should also be more memory intensive than normal play because you are being sent the entire current state of your game, rather than the change in the state of the game. I'm sure GGG has a bunch of super smart engineers who optimized it, but it should still be rather impactful on the servers (hypothetically). Imagine that playing the game is like painting a picture. The way it develops normally, you add one brushstroke at a time, and send that data to the server for verification. The only thing that needs to be recorded in that interaction is the latest brushstroke. When you type OOS, you basically clear your canvas and ask the server to describe the entire painting because you forgot what it looked like.

d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
W1ndows wrote:
People think AHK = botting for some crazy reason it seems

I didn't see anyone say it's botting, though I guess I may have missed it if they did. All I said is that it's automation, something they've said isn't allowed.

Like I said, it would be nice to hear a dev's perspective on this thread.
"
W1ndows wrote:
People think AHK = botting for some crazy reason it seems. For a bot to work you need to make it able to open new instances, which is already pretty much impossible with just an automated script since all the areas are randomized. For example, you can make a "bot" that runs from one end of ledge to the other by clicking in certain areas of the screen at certain interwals AND you could make it open new instances, again, by clickin on the screen (and ctrl+click) but you don't know what kind of area you are in the next time you open the instance. You can't run the same automated clicks again. That is why bots do something way more than AHK: they read memory. They know about your life, what area you are in etc. and can do actions upon meeting certain requirements. Things like that are WAY harder to make and obviously against the TOS.

I'm completely against botting btw.

I don't think reading memory is a requirement for a bot. While it would certainly make it more effective, you could bot without it.

If I were to develop a bot, I would pick a farming area that is very simple and open for most of the time. You could just move a totem character with basic clicks and input, drop totems in a straight line, then log out to go back to town, control click to put stuff in the inventory, etc. The randomness of the area would not have much impact on the final product because the bot would just log out after a given amount of time and reset the instance anyway, regardless if it got stuck or something. Even though additional information (such as the color of a given pixel on your screen) could be used to augment any bot script, the difference between a complex macro script and a rudimentary bot is not so vast at all.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
W1ndows wrote:

I didn't see anyone say it's botting, though I guess I may have missed it if they did. All I said is that it's automation, something they've said isn't allowed.

I meant it as the responce people are giving here. People that don't use macros and are against the idea of automated anything just dump it all in the same basket and point at it yelling "EEEEK! IT'S NOT ALLOWED!"
"
W1ndows wrote:
I meant it as the responce people are giving here. People that don't use macros and are against the idea of automated anything just dump it all in the same basket and point at it yelling "EEEEK! IT'S NOT ALLOWED!"

Even if it´s allowed i have my opinion: People which use macros aren´t able to play because they don´t have the skill to do any simple thing alone.

Or, to say it in a direct way: People who use Macros or other third-hand-helpers are losers.

That´s it.
"
W1ndows wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
W1ndows wrote:

There was one person reacting this way out of many others which helped out neutral or in a positive way, man. Way to exaggerate. People are concerned for the reason I stated before.

GGG has something against 3rd party software.
The /oos macro is okay as long as there is no ingame workaround.
Same could apply to the other chat macros.

The macros ending up in executing multiple actions with one keystroke are not allowed as recently stated in the multi-box thread which got then removed. The OP got a warning in there.
This applies to your auras/potion macro and the automized /oos macro, which is why people are sounding their concerns. If you ignore that warnings by your fellow community members, so be it.

Thank you for sharing the /oos macro. It is currently valuable indeed. :)

Edit: Lol at the ridiculous generalization above.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2013, 8:51:28 AM
"

If I were to develop a bot, I would pick a farming area that is very simple and open for most of the time. You could just move a totem character with basic clicks and input, drop totems in a straight line, then log out to go back to town, control click to put stuff in the inventory, etc. The randomness of the area would not have much impact on the final product because the bot would just log out after a given amount of time and reset the instance anyway, regardless if it got stuck or something. Even though additional information (such as the color of a given pixel on your screen) could be used to augment any bot script, the difference between a complex macro script and a rudimentary bot is not so vast at all.

Yeah that could work for EXPing but would be increadibly inefficient. Imagine Ledge for example, it's one of the most if not the most linear area in PoE. Even there you could get stuck before hitting a single monster because of the randomness of going north/south and then there could be a turn to right/left.

And the difference in the consept might not be big but the actual code would be hundreds of lines long instead of about 10.

"
Alea wrote:
the macros should not be exposed here imo, this may lead to more advanced macros that may themselves lead to bots. Autoit still the best for little macros.

You think the avarage player has the knowledge to even make a bot? There's so many bot programs out there already that it would be a waste of time to even try making one yourself anyway. As I pointed out in my previous post, people just make huge leaps from macros to bots and consider them too much the same thing. The decision to use a bot or a macro is still in the players hands.

Jumping from a macro to a bot might not seem much of a leap for you but it still is a leap from an allowed thing to a non-allowed and a thing from a quality of life to boring and not fun at all.
Last edited by W1ndows on Jul 23, 2013, 8:49:17 AM
"
W1ndows wrote:
Like I said, it would be nice to hear a dev's perspective on this thread.I meant it as the responce people are giving here. People that don't use macros and are against the idea of automated anything just dump it all in the same basket and point at it yelling "EEEEK! IT'S NOT ALLOWED!"

That's because it's a slippery slope. I'm not arguing in favor of or against it, I think I did get into the argument here once before and can't be bothered to again. I think it would be great to just have an official statement here from someone and be done with it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 23, 2013, 10:15:02 AM
"
Toggle timer to send /oos every 10 seconds while you play

Pressing f9 starts timer pressing f9 again stops it

This kinda shit is why the devs removed oos in the first place. That is just needless stress on the servers.

Every minute or so, fine. But every 10 sec is simply terrible.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Jul 24, 2013, 12:40:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info