AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

[Mod Edit: Copying Chris's post here for maximum visibility]
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

If you have played PoE as much as most of us around here, you have certainly noticed the crazy amount of desync going on in the game. Often this desync causes the most "wtf" deaths until you type /oos in the chat and see that you are a screen away from where you thought you are. Not needing to actually type out /oos in the middle of fighting is a huge life saver at times.

So I decided to get AutoHotKey a few days ago and I've played around on the macros that I can do with it , other than the alt+f4 and /oos macros that are NECESSARY for safe playing. This is what I currently use:

Spoiler
;author W1ndows/Instinct
;version 22.7.2013
;The following hotkey macros are used on a 1920x1080 resolution.
;The comments below should give you some insight on the code and what it does and how to switch it up for your own personal preference and/or monitor setup.
;I used Window Spy from AutoHotKey to get the screen positions and rounded them a bit for nicer numbers :)
;You can disable different rows by simply deleting the row or putting a ; before the text, that will make the text as "comment" and will not be part of the code.
;^ is CTRL button, ! is Left ALT and + is Left Shift. See www.autohotkey.com for more information!

;----Out Of Sync Macro---- ;My most used hotkey, writes /oos to get you out of sync. Watch out for not overusing in parties since it gets annoying to be teleporting everywhere, especially when you aren't the one in control :D.
^space::
Send {Enter}/oos{Enter}
return

;----Remaining---- ;Shows how many monsters are remaining in the instance.
^j::
Send {Enter}/remaining{Enter}
return

;----Itemlevel---- ;Shows the itemlevel of the currently selected item
^h::
Send {Enter}/itemlevel{Enter}
return

You need to have AutoHotKey installed, it's not hard to setup though. Please read the comments (parts after the semicolon ; ), they will give you more information on what everything does and how you can switch it up.

If you have any good macro ideas yourself, please be free to post them here (already done macros or just ideas that I can try to make happen :) )

Play safe,

W1ndows.
Last edited by Totemizer on Jul 24, 2013, 7:05:53 AM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2017, 9:09:54 AM
I used to use AHK for terrible games but don't usually use them for ARPGs. Most game developers frown on the use of third party programs with their online games. I assumed people used AHK to send the oos command on an automated timer, which AHK can do.

I would get permission from GGG before using it, wouldn't want to see anyone banned.

Also, you have to be careful with click based commands, they are resolution sensitive, if someone plays with a different size monitor or runs a different resolution to yours then it could be clicking something else instead.
Toggle timer to send /oos every 10 seconds while you play

Pressing f9 starts timer pressing f9 again stops it
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Jul 24, 2013, 12:41:43 AM
"

Thanks, I will be trying that out. Having a constant /oos can be irritating though, especially in party circumstances.

"
Zvim wrote:
I used to use AHK for terrible games but don't usually use them for ARPGs. Most game developers frown on the use of third party programs with their online games. I assumed people used AHK to send the oos command on an automated timer, which AHK can do.

I would get permission from GGG before using it, wouldn't want to see anyone banned.

Also, you have to be careful with click based commands, they are resolution sensitive, if someone plays with a different size monitor or runs a different resolution to yours then it could be clicking something else instead.
AHK doesn't do anything a normal person couldn't do though. It just autotypes or uses multiple potions at the same time by using 1 key, as I'm sure you're aware. It doesn't play around with the game files or anything like that.

About the click positions, I wrote about it in the comments that the code would be different for different resolutions. Most people use 1920x1080 if I'd have to guess, though.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Jul 24, 2013, 12:41:52 AM
"
W1ndows wrote:
"

Thanks, I will be trying that out. Having a constant /oos can be irritating though, especially in party circumstances.

Nah, you'll get used to it. Blockinput line has to be there or it will mess up when you click while its activated. It happens so fast though it isn't even noticeable really and doesn't affect gameplay. If you want to type in chat or just open it to read just make sure to toggle off first, when you are done toggle on. Took about 5 minutes to get used to it for me and after that I just do it without thinking about it.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Jul 24, 2013, 12:42:01 AM
"
W1ndows wrote:
AHK doesn't do anything a normal person couldn't do though. It just autotypes or uses multiple potions at the same time by using 1 key, as I'm sure you're aware. It doesn't play around with the game files or anything like that.

Many bots don't do anything a normal person can't do.

There is a really thin dividing line between casting multiple auras with single click and crearing area with single click.

I suggest asking GGG for permission too.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 22, 2013, 10:50:33 AM
I will say the only reason I liked WoW so much was because of the macro option. That was also half the fun I had when I played counter-strike 12+ years ago were all the different scripts you could do. In both scenarios you were not able to do anything that anybody else could not do without a script or macro, it just made it simpler and in almost all cases the way it should of been to begin with.

People will always be against macros and scripts, no matter how simple. I personally find no enjoyment in typing /remaining [especially since my m key does not work and I have to paste it, lol] and will definitely be using this.
Last edited by lemontowel on Jul 22, 2013, 10:52:29 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
W1ndows wrote:

Many bots don't do anything a normal person can't do.

There is a really thin dividing line between casting multiple auras with single click and crearing area with single click.

I suggest asking GGG for permission too.

You cast a lot of auras in combat in the heat of battle?
"
lemontowel wrote:
You cast a lot of auras in combat in the heat of battle?

Don't think you are expecting an answer.

These particular scripts are useful and don't do anything bad but do you want to be banned for using them together with some botters?

I'm personally not against AHK scripts and would like to thank TS for sharing.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 22, 2013, 11:05:54 AM
I did search the forum for threads about macros and could not find an official answer to the question "Are macros bannable?", even though I can't see why they would be (at least the ones that are like mine). The closest someone got was a mod answering, which we all know is just another player, saying he doesn't mind macros. Also, the difference between a bot and a macro that just types something in chat or clicks the screen a few times is quite a big one IMO. For a working bot you would need to make it able to trigger certain events when X, Y or Z happens, like using potions when at 20% health or something. That would obviously require the program to do more than what macros do.

Thanks for your concern, though :)

The continuous /oos macro would probably work great if my main skill was right click but since I'm using right click AND q all the time, if I have q held down it will screw up the typing and will type something like /oqoqqsq :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info