AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

"
W1ndows wrote:
Just wondering how would GGG even begin to ban people that use macros that do more than 1 thing, like the auras/potions macro...I'm pretty sure they can't distinguish me pushing 1 button and doing 5 things rather than just doing the 5 things myself. Also, what is their policy for giving warnings? Would they give me a warning just from a thread like this where I show my macros that I may or may not use?

Thanks for the heads up though.

It is all about pattern recognition. Humans are flawed, bots usually are not. There is a random function within AHK and a delay command though. :P
"
W1ndows wrote:
Just wondering how would GGG even begin to ban people that use macros that do more than 1 thing, like the auras/potions macro....

When I remember correctly NO 3rd party programs are allowed. And tbh I don't see a difference between someone using AHK and someone using autoit for example. If I where GGG I would permaban them all!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Jul 23, 2013, 5:47:41 AM
I'm fairly certain this isn't allowed, as it's a form of automation, albeit one with a relatively good justification behind it. I'll be interested to see the dev response here, I imagine there will be one.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'll be interested to see the dev response here, I imagine there will be one.

I really hope so, because after thinking about it only for 2 mins. I could theoretically create a bot with AHK, that would take me (or the gems I would like to level) all the way up to the maximum level, without every risk of ever dying. A program that can do things like that should be forbidden in general!
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'll be interested to see the dev response here, I imagine there will be one.

I really hope so, because after thinking about it only for 2 mins. I could theoretically create a bot with AHK, that would take me (or the gems I would like to level) all the way up to the maximum level, without every risk of ever dying. A program that can do things like that should be forbidden in general!
Please, enlighten us on how you could do that with AHK since I see that being impossible.

As for the dev responce, we discussed it on page 2. There has been a dev responce about using the /oos macro and that is not bannable. He also said that using any macro that you start (not automated) like the /itemlevel or /remaining macros are not bannable.
"
W1ndows wrote:
Please, enlighten us on how you could do that with AHK since I see that being impossible.

It think is not impossible imo it is rather easy. Take a well geared char (a blocker for example) and use a skill like heavy strike combined with melee splash. Now go get yourself a necromancer and a bunch of undeads. You can kill the undeads forever with just pressing ONE button. They die, get ressurected and so on.
Now use AHK to press that button every x - x seconds (you can even use a random timer to avoid being detected) and you gain xp while cooking, sleeping or whatever you would like to do. In case necromancers tend to die because they run into you (which I don't know because it is only a theory) just use a map (a 77 for max xp) and reroll until you have one with "area contains many totems" now clear the map but let one or two summoner-totems life and kill their mobs.
Maybe the progression would be not that fast but hey it's for free and without any risk!

"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
W1ndows wrote:

It think is not impossible imo it is rather easy. Take a well geared char (a blocker for example) and use a skill like heavy strike combined with melee splash. Now go get yourself a necromancer and a bunch of undeads. You can kill the undeads forever with just pressing ONE button. They die, get ressurected and so on.
Now use AHK to press that button every x - x seconds (you can even use a random timer to avoid being detected) and you gain xp while cooking, sleeping or whatever you would like to do. In case necromancers tend to die because they run into you (which I don't know because it is only a theory) just use a map (a 77 for max xp) and reroll until you have one with "area contains many totems" now clear the map but let one or two summoner-totems life and kill their mobs.
Maybe the progression would be not that fast but hey it's for free and without any risk!

You do know that the respawns do not grant XP?

Thats the problem with some people saying how easy things are, they don't know what they are talking about.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
W1ndows wrote:

Your idea is the equivalent of putting a heavy book on your keyboard...and I doubt minions of monsters give out experience or drops.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
W1ndows wrote:
As for the dev responce, we discussed it on page 2. There has been a dev responce about using the /oos macro and that is not bannable. He also said that using any macro that you start (not automated) like the /itemlevel or /remaining macros are not bannable.

It's not that simple. There have been a lot of dev responses on similar threads, and the one thing they are consistent about is that any form of automation, including automated keystrokes isn't allowed.

Like I said, I'd be interested to see a dev respond to this thread to address the questions people are asking.
People think AHK = botting for some crazy reason it seems. For a bot to work you need to make it able to open new instances, which is already pretty much impossible with just an automated script since all the areas are randomized. For example, you can make a "bot" that runs from one end of ledge to the other by clicking in certain areas of the screen at certain interwals AND you could make it open new instances, again, by clickin on the screen (and ctrl+click) but you don't know what kind of area you are in the next time you open the instance. You can't run the same automated clicks again. That is why bots do something way more than AHK: they read memory. They know about your life, what area you are in etc. and can do actions upon meeting certain requirements. Things like that are WAY harder to make and obviously against the TOS.

I'm completely against botting btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info