AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

Putting /oos on a timer is completely unnecessary and just annoying. I tried that once but quickly realized that it was not helpful in the least. You only want to do a /oos when you notice something is not quite in synch and the only way to do that is manually. Putting it on a timer is just stupid and causes nothing but problems.
What is the devs standpoint on macros that allow you to log out in one key?

I remember reading/seeing a video that alt F4 was not instant but logging out to login screen is, and that person was using a macro that would press the escape key and click on the log-out button in a fraction of a second.
"
What is the devs standpoint on macros that allow you to log out in one key?

I remember reading/seeing a video that alt F4 was not instant but logging out to login screen is, and that person was using a macro that would press the escape key and click on the log-out button in a fraction of a second.

I think that gives the player using it a huge advantage. I think it should be prohibited.
"
W1ndows wrote:
"
Toggle timer to send /oos every 10 seconds while you play

Pressing f9 starts timer pressing f9 again stops it
Thanks, I will be trying that out. Having a constant /oos can be irritating though, especially in party circumstances.

"
Zvim wrote:
I used to use AHK for terrible games but don't usually use them for ARPGs. Most game developers frown on the use of third party programs with their online games. I assumed people used AHK to send the oos command on an automated timer, which AHK can do.

I would get permission from GGG before using it, wouldn't want to see anyone banned.

Also, you have to be careful with click based commands, they are resolution sensitive, if someone plays with a different size monitor or runs a different resolution to yours then it could be clicking something else instead.
AHK doesn't do anything a normal person couldn't do though. It just autotypes or uses multiple potions at the same time by using 1 key, as I'm sure you're aware. It doesn't play around with the game files or anything like that.

About the click positions, I wrote about it in the comments that the code would be different for different resolutions. Most people use 1920x1080 if I'd have to guess, though.

Can't do /oos with a single key stroke.
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

A normal player can't execute a spell or action based on a timer?

Fascinating, Chris.

I guess you've never played a piano or musical instrument in your entire life.
"
FrostTiger wrote:
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:

GGG should NOT prohibit the timer'ed "/oos". Timer'ed "/oos" does not give any unfair advantage to player except less chance of desync. Desync and death from it are not designed or intended feature of this game.

Of course they SHOULD prohibit the timer'ed "/oos"! Why? Because it taxes the server what causes MORE DESYNC!!!!!

It is not valid reason to prohibit timer'ed "/oos". Just put more servers and everybody will enjoy less desync regardless of timed oos or not.

I'm pretty sure they will do so if you pay for the servers! ;D
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Spoiler
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed.

I haven't edited any posts in this thread but if you could please do so that'd be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

A normal player can't execute a spell or action based on a timer?

Fascinating, Chris.

I guess you've never played a piano or musical instrument in your entire life.

I think it's more of a "every instance of an action should have its own input" deal.

I am a little confused as to why having multiple auras done with one key (which is quite similar to what I do in many games for doing all of my buffs in one keypress, but I don't here for reasons) would not be allowed when it's mechanically near-identical to having a macro for typing /oos (which I use, alongside a /remaining macro to make sure I kill every last enemy)...but then again, each aura cast is technically a different action, whereas typing one command can be considered one action.
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Jul 25, 2013, 1:47:00 PM
Best solution:

1)Make use of AutoHotkey bannable
2)Instead, include all these useful macros in the game. Make them customizable (in a new options menu for instance), keep adding new ones as users point them out (and you figure new ones out as well)

The "We ban them because it gives an unfair advantage to select players" justification would no longer be true if EVERYBODY can easily access them in-game.

EDIT: Just in case you don't want some "uninformed people" not using them, and some people using ALL of them and stomping the game, you could restrict the use of these in-game macros to a specific number.
I.e, when in said options panel, you can only apply (for instance) 3 macros at any given time.

So you may have the alt+f4 macro, the "cast all auras" macro, the /oos macro, but you won't be able to have the "check item level" macro. Someone that decides to just not use alt+f4 or cast auras by hand, will be able to use said "check item level" macro.
This way you don't get super powerhouse players with all the macros, and make them choose.
Last edited by gonzaw on Jul 25, 2013, 3:39:41 PM
"
Chris wrote:

Thanks for the response and to the mod who edited my OP.

The part about "all auras" macro is just baffeling to me. How does casting all your auras with 1 button help you in any way other than being a quality of life thing? It certainly doesn't give me an "advantage in playing speed" since it's only done once per log in and even out of combat. Besides, does this mean I could make 2-7 different macros for each aura and that would be allowed? What's the logic in that?

Based on this I imagine having a macro for using an item (portal scroll for example) would not be allowed since it does more than 1 thing, it opens the inventory and uses an item. That compared to /remaining macro is actually smaller and does less things, since the /remaining one does 3 things opposed to 2; Opens chat, types 10 characters (!! not one or two but 10!) and sends the message. If this is allowed and considered one thing then I guess the one thing is "send a chat message". If that's the case, then I can just "open portal", and that would be one thing. This makes no sense to me, where is the actual line if /remaining is allowed and multiple auras is not?

I can understand how my potions macro can be considered advantageous, though.

Btw, I tested the continuous /oos macro and I just didn't like it. As someone else pointed out eariler, the /oos is not needed on a timer, it's needed as something happens that you notice isn't just right. Having /oos on demand is much better than on a fixed timer, unless that timer would be 0.01 seconds, which would mean GGG fixes their stuff :D

Greatly in favor of having an in-game macro option, though! This way GGG could easily control what kind of macros people can and can not create and use while still having a roundabout "fix" to their horrible desync.
"
Chris wrote:

This is a very unclear post Chris. Namely, because an /oos macro isn't a single action. It's six. "Enter, /, o, o, s, Enter". It would be nice if you could clarify what you mean by 'a single action'. I believe you are trying to say 'things that occur repeatedly aren't allowed' for your definition of 'single action' but then you state that casting auras automatically isn't allowed which really leaves me baffled.

And seriously. There needs to be a 1 minute cooldown on using /oos. It's the most annoying thing in the game when trying to party and some dude has it on a timer so you're literally being teleported around all the time.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Jul 25, 2013, 4:52:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info