Weirdo build contest [win Exalted] WE GOT A WINNER!

"
Reizoko wrote:
Burning Siphon Build:
You use the popular Power Siphon as your main attack, but the links are different than usual, as your main goal is to proliferate Ignite. The skill itself does not deal any fire damage, so you rely on high +fire damage on Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Wand and Anger which makes this build very gear dependent (you do not need 'perfect' fire damage rolls though as you have a 1,25multiplier from Power Siphon!). You also profit from +lightning damage for shock stacks to further improve your damage and +cold damage to either freeze or to use Cold to Fire to further improve your Ignite.
The nature of status ailments has a nice synergy with Power Siphon because you get power charges from the skill itself, so you only need few crit nodes, if any.
Unfortunately this build is only playable in the higher levels (60+) due to its specific gear requirement.

Main spell:
Power Siphon / Elemental Proliferation / Fire Penetration / Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Attacks / Increased Critical Damage or Cold to Fire

You don't need a single target skill as your Power Siphon can work as both.

Skill tree:

This has already been done, except with elemental hit which is much more effective.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Chaos Inoculation Templar Tempest Shield Cyclone Block Chance capped at %78 Aegis Aurora Facebreaker with the new Ammy The Anvil Stun Immune
+2 Power charges

enjoy being immortal

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIilPhX3sOBZAOthmnk3YwBqplXFN-tKePIx2WfNRYJrPHRSBb6yqGjJDY49GTDVyqSfttzHQ0CjF9zLz3RkuWPWbofO--OvZYZ3E99dBqlcNrJgUcfuqFLAOPKC08wYA_TowOlIXUIZgTC1WBIIeYVKIQsHzn8vBxW0Z7Bgsvzvhj_rDbYauu9bi99vnFdcRUKcrRwbXhot6wuxWY_LhHoG0xWNDS40rCuOE_xzBAIhr2xq29xB7mZoRL_VL62O-Og==
Last edited by Sammael on Jul 17, 2013, 1:05:28 PM
Here's a fun one I've been working on to combat my comp's horrible lag/framerate. The goal is to become effectively invincible without relying on life or ES. Highlights:

21.8 second ("permanent") Immortal Call
75% spell block
(78% with The Anvil)
86% resist all

A semi-permanent Immortal Call is achieved by grabbing all nine increased duration nodes on the tree, as well as two endurance charge nodes, Merciless Oak, and two Kaom's Signs for eight endurance charges. Saffell's Frame provides spell block and max resist (alongside Purity and Elemental Adaptation from the tree). Maximum spell block is very easy to achieve with Stone of Lazhwar, though even higher block would come from using The Anvil plus Rainbowstride for extra spell block conversion. Physical block isn't needed because of Immortal Call. With the right gear, only a few passive block nodes are needed, as you'll have anywhere from 120-170% conversion to spell block.

On average, this character has about 97% spell damage reduction and 100% physical reduction.

The only vulnerability is chaos damage, which can be countered with chaos resist on gear and/or amethyst flasks. You could design an alternative build around CI, but the tree is much trickier. One other potential threat is elemental damage that can't be blocked, like burning ground, but that's a pretty rare damage source and easily avoided. Finally, there's the challenge of single-target fights (or PvP), where it's harder to build up endurance charges. It might be worthwhile to include as many as four or even five Enduring Cry gems to ensure an easy 100% Immortal Call uptime. Key bindings aren't really needed for much else.

I've included some life nodes on the tree, though they should hardly be needed. You should never let Immortal Call expire. Even if it does, you'll have high armor, near spell immunity, and eight endurance charges.

Skill setup:
2-link: Immortal Call + Increased Duration (both lvl 20, 20% quality)
4-link: Enduring Cry x3 + Faster Casting
2-link: Purity + Reduced Mana

Recommended uniques
Saffell's Frame (mandatory)
Stone of Lazhwar or Rainbowstride + The Anvil
Kaom's Sign x2

Damage output can be achieved in any number of ways--as you see, the basic build requires minimal gems and links. Since you'll be building enduring cries for IC, fire Discharge would be a natural offense (hence the Templar AOE nodes). Increased Burning Damage nodes are nearby on the passive tree as well, so it could synergize well with Molten Shell (which absorbs 100% of received damage during IC and thus triggers constantly). Alternatively, grab Ancestral Bond and pick your favorite totem skills (ranged attack totem + Iron Grip?). Or just punch the monsters to death; you have as much time as you want. In any case, since the basic build only uses around 75 passive points, there's some flexibility for offensive nodes. Or take those points and head toward Iron Reflexes for additional gear flexibility.

I haven't taken this character very far yet myself--leveling is hard without DPS nodes--but once fully developed, it has the potential to be the tankiest conceivable tank.
Last edited by Johnnie_Gray on Jul 17, 2013, 3:14:35 PM
CI Dual Totems

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8C4wQHB6UOSBB7ES8RUBGWE54V1xXnFr8W8x8CJjwrCiycLL8tHy5wL50y0TQKNsU74TyORUdG10cGSbJMs1ZjV8lYG13GXfJfamBtZk9nvW0ZcFJw1XOzdhF-M36vf8aBSYIQhEiGrofbiEKLeow2jRmOZI9Gj_qZmpuhnaOio6SRpwinK7I4snW0xbUEtYW297b6uJO71r46wFHBAMG0wcXB88Lsw23Q0NVP1YHXhtgk2xrb592M3fPed9-w4BLi9-OE5CLk7Otj6-7sGO5v8GvyHfPq9On1S_em_Ks=

Bandits:
Passive
Cast Speed
Frenzy/Passive

Your dual totems:
Moonsorrow: Flame Totem - Chance to Flee/Knockback - LMP
Soul Mantle: Arc - Increased Critical Damage - Faster Casting - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Proliferation

Support 4L:
Elemental Weakness/Conductivity/Blood Rage/Increased Duration
Purity/Discipline/Haste/Reduced Mana
Lightning Warp/Portal/Frost Wall/Faster Casting

You have a 3L on your shield that you can feel free to place whatever extra gems you want.

Necessary Uniques:
Moonsorrow - adds lightning damage, Blind works great with Flame Totem
Soul Mantle - since we don't get Ancestral Bond you need this for dual totems

Highly Recommended:
Eye of Chayula - you are CI, need anti-stun
Auxium/Dream Fragments/Alpha's Howl - you are CI, need one of the three for anti-Freeze. I have listed them in decreasing order of desirability. Auxium > Dream Fragments because you give up cast speed on rings to use Dream Fragments.

Useful but not necessary:
Doedre's Damning (dual curse)
Windscream (dual curse)
Rainbowstride (spell block, good stats)
Stone of Lazhwar (cast speed, spell block)
Lochational Caress (cast speed)
Rathpith Globe (with Rainbowstride and Stone of Lazhwar you can get pretty high spell block)

The gist of this build is that the Flame Totem keeps enemies at bay while the Arc totem fires away dealing massive damage. Because you are using totems, you can afford to build massive amounts of cast speed without suffering from mana issues. Due to your high cast speed coupled with Chance to Shock on Hit and Elemental Proliferation, pretty much the whole screen should be shocked in a few seconds. With 20% gems + passives, you have a massive 55% chance to shock on hit!

Last edited by olop4444 on Jul 31, 2013, 10:46:41 PM
lots of nice stuff i read all over the place!
Alright, this toon is still mostly theorycraft as I'm assembling the pieces, but here it goes.

Chaos Innoculation. Eldtrich Battery. Remote Mine. Frost Wall.

The idea is to make a viable CI EB build. Obviously the biggest danger is being hit by anything at all, so we have to play at a range. Even then, we'll have to play at a big range, so let's go with the spell that gives us the best range, Ice Spear. At a good range, Ice Spear's chance to crit shoots up immensely, and if you crit, you don't have to worry about taking much damage, so rather than focus on those wimpy defensive nodes like everyone else, let's stack crit.

But why settle for just high crit chance when you can get even more damage on top with Elemental Equilibrium? First set up the closest thing you'll have to defense, Skeletons with Added Fire and/or Minion Instability. Support them with Spark Totem or Arc on Remote Mine. Why Remote Mine? For a small delay in casting, you get an impressive 30+% More Damage. With 2 level 1 gems and no Lightning Damage, I was able two-shot mobs in Merciless, meaning mine, mine, detonate, 3 things are dead, and you can do even better stacking crit and light damage. If anything survives the skeletons and lightning damage, they're looking at -100% cold res as an Ice Spear hits their face.

In addition to the Skeletons and Totem, you have another line of defense, mostly for ranged mobs. Frost Wall. Frost Wall is even able to stop Goatmen, and with enough crit and cold damage, it to can freeze and will benefit from EE if your totems or Skellies have hit. And if all else fails, there is the backup of Grace.

The starting weapon of choice for this build is Ungil's Gauche. With a higher base crit than any dagger but Divinarius and 24% more block chance if you dual wield them makes them great offensively and defensively. While you will find rare and magic daggers that will outcrit Ungil's, the 39% block chance will make it one of the better daggers for a long while. The second piece of gear you'll need is a little more mandatory. Even stacking all this crit probably isn't enough, and what's a crit build without Power Charges? Since we can't use Power Siphon with Daggers and Power Charge on Crit can't link with everything, Voll's Protector is the obvious choice. While this will eat a good chunk of your mana, I believe it will be well worth it. Alternatively, you can go with Power Charge on Crit and use Infernal Manle, with implicit Spell Damage, ~500 es and 100% crit chance. Victario's Acuity would be great if Voll's is not being used to generate Charges as well, and gives us a Projectile damage mod for even more power. Rainbowstride stands out for the spell block and movespeed, as well as mana and even more es for mana, making it another great addition. Optional gear would be a +minion hat so you can get better skeletons, but if Alpha's Howl is an option, use it. With the slots that remain, the more es the better, and the paranoid can use Shadow gear for some more evasion behind Grace.

And while we know have a nice amount of damage and defense, but there is still a pretty hard counter to this build, the infamous Elemental Reflect. Rainbowstride, Lahzwahr and dual Gauche will give us about a 30% chance to block the reflect, but that's not very good and should only be a backup to offscreening ele reflect. Watching your Spark Totem can alert you to ele reflect you can't see, which you can leave to your minions or turn the tide with Conversion or Bear Trap.

Potential Build about level 72 - Without EE
Help Normal and Merc Alira, perhaps Cruel Alira as well. Still subject to change as I actually play the build and work out the kinks.
And then I suppose the ultimate setup would be:
Alpha's Howl: Reduced Mana, Clarity, Discipline, Grace
Voll's Protector: Ice Spear, LMP, Increased Critical Strikes, Faster Casting, Elemental Proiferation? for 5L and possibly Blind on a 6L
2x Ungil's Gauche/better Dagger: Arc, Remote Mine, possibly Blind or Culling Strike. Blood Rage, Frost Wall, Increased Duration on the other.
Rainbowstride: Spell Totem, Spark, Faster Casting, Fork?
ES Gloves: Summon Skeletons, Added Fire Damage, Conversion Trap and perhaps Minion Damage or Raise Zombie
2x Diamond Rings (Gifts from Above?)
Couple good choices for ammy, Victario's, Lahzwahr, Foible, or ammy with crit chance/multi.
Diamond Flasks are an obvious choice, but mana and quicksilver pots should also be considered. Best flask mods are Surgeon's, Perpetual, Adrenaline and Reflexes.

Of course, there is more specialization that could be done at this level. If you ditch the EE and Arc Mine part you free up some nodes that can go towards mana or crit or even just change it to more cold damage. I also included Blood Rage because free Frenzy Charges, but this can get swapped with just about any curse. Critical and Projectile Weakness help Spark and Spear, Warlord's for keeping your pots full, Temp Chains or Enfeeble to stop even more hits, ele curses...
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
My Templar Dual Shockwave totem: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462748

It's amazing but players seem not interessed... Until i will show them running high lvl maps ;)
Last edited by KikitheKing on Jul 17, 2013, 4:59:47 PM
This is fun!

I will gladly post my RF marauder!

Idea of this is to synergize cyclone's non existent unit collision to make righteous fire extra effective as a damage ability, compared to a build using purely RF. Area effect on theese skills are also a nice sync. With a high strengh pool, Iron will on molten shell together with "more spell damage" bonus from RF makes awesome. My elemental res is at 88% atm. Which will be 90% later when purity levels! So righteous fire doesnt hurt me at all when ruby flask is up!

Gems
Cyclone - Blood magic - Lifeleech - Melee physical damage
RF - Increased area
Molten Shell - Iron Will - Fire penetration - Increased Area
Purity - Determination - Vitality - Reduced mana

Passives are pretty basic, i just grab all the big life regen and life nodes with some points in block etc.. Elemental adaptation ofcourse.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0WbxkuGYUaOBpVG_odFCSqJd8n1SftLdI26DbpOthHfk3YT31QR1BQUWBT31RJVcZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZU1mnm5pcH1yqXTteu982YBWgW-E2YTvhymMdozPj0aQVZHOmK2bg548ns2fPqIAouqkGacwp4SplavFrKqsr7T5ud277b6nwA_AGsRYxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHjaudS7DjvDvAf8i_z3fZI97760g==

For gear, the only mandatory unique is the Rise of the Pheonix shield for its 8% maximum fire resistance, Kaoms heart would be nice but it doesnt exist in Anarchy league. RF doesnt proc Elemental equilibrium, but i lower monsters fire res with some light damage on Cyclone.

Between groups of monsters, i run Dousing quicksilver flasks to turn RF off.

Future. 0.11.2 added this new fantastic brownie:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Oath

Which is fantastic, i will boost up my Chaos res to 50+ then use this bad boy. As an other around me damage source

Maybe reconsider some more damage on cyclone.
Cheers!
1 Life
0 ES

Thats a really squishy char... Oo

Spoiler

"
Alright, this toon is still mostly theorycraft as I'm assembling the pieces, but here it goes.

Chaos Innoculation. Eldtrich Battery. Remote Mine. Frost Wall.

The idea is to make a viable CI EB build. Obviously the biggest danger is being hit by anything at all, so we have to play at a range. Even then, we'll have to play at a big range, so let's go with the spell that gives us the best range, Ice Spear. At a good range, Ice Spear's chance to crit shoots up immensely, and if you crit, you don't have to worry about taking much damage, so rather than focus on those wimpy defensive nodes like everyone else, let's stack crit.

But why settle for just high crit chance when you can get even more damage on top with Elemental Equilibrium? First set up the closest thing you'll have to defense, Skeletons with Added Fire and/or Minion Instability. Support them with Spark Totem or Arc on Remote Mine. Why Remote Mine? For a small delay in casting, you get an impressive 30+% More Damage. With 2 level 1 gems and no Lightning Damage, I was able two-shot mobs in Merciless, meaning mine, mine, detonate, 3 things are dead, and you can do even better stacking crit and light damage. If anything survives the skeletons and lightning damage, they're looking at -100% cold res as an Ice Spear hits their face.

In addition to the Skeletons and Totem, you have another line of defense, mostly for ranged mobs. Frost Wall. Frost Wall is even able to stop Goatmen, and with enough crit and cold damage, it to can freeze and will benefit from EE if your totems or Skellies have hit. And if all else fails, there is the backup of Grace.

The starting weapon of choice for this build is Ungil's Gauche. With a higher base crit than any dagger but Divinarius and 24% more block chance if you dual wield them makes them great offensively and defensively. While you will find rare and magic daggers that will outcrit Ungil's, the 39% block chance will make it one of the better daggers for a long while. The second piece of gear you'll need is a little more mandatory. Even stacking all this crit probably isn't enough, and what's a crit build without Power Charges? Since we can't use Power Siphon with Daggers and Power Charge on Crit can't link with everything, Voll's Protector is the obvious choice. While this will eat a good chunk of your mana, I believe it will be well worth it. Alternatively, you can go with Power Charge on Crit and use Infernal Manle, with implicit Spell Damage, ~500 es and 100% crit chance. Victario's Acuity would be great if Voll's is not being used to generate Charges as well, and gives us a Projectile damage mod for even more power. Rainbowstride stands out for the spell block and movespeed, as well as mana and even more es for mana, making it another great addition. Optional gear would be a +minion hat so you can get better skeletons, but if Alpha's Howl is an option, use it. With the slots that remain, the more es the better, and the paranoid can use Shadow gear for some more evasion behind Grace.

And while we know have a nice amount of damage and defense, but there is still a pretty hard counter to this build, the infamous Elemental Reflect. Rainbowstride, Lahzwahr and dual Gauche will give us about a 30% chance to block the reflect, but that's not very good and should only be a backup to offscreening ele reflect. Watching your Spark Totem can alert you to ele reflect you can't see, which you can leave to your minions or turn the tide with Conversion or Bear Trap.

Potential Build about level 72 - Without EE
Help Normal and Merc Alira, perhaps Cruel Alira as well. Still subject to change as I actually play the build and work out the kinks.
And then I suppose the ultimate setup would be:
Alpha's Howl: Reduced Mana, Clarity, Discipline, Grace
Voll's Protector: Ice Spear, LMP, Increased Critical Strikes, Faster Casting, Elemental Proiferation? for 5L and possibly Blind on a 6L
2x Ungil's Gauche/better Dagger: Arc, Remote Mine, possibly Blind or Culling Strike. Blood Rage, Frost Wall, Increased Duration on the other.
Rainbowstride: Spell Totem, Spark, Faster Casting, Fork?
ES Gloves: Summon Skeletons, Added Fire Damage, Conversion Trap and perhaps Minion Damage or Raise Zombie
2x Diamond Rings (Gifts from Above?)
Couple good choices for ammy, Victario's, Lahzwahr, Foible, or ammy with crit chance/multi.
Diamond Flasks are an obvious choice, but mana and quicksilver pots should also be considered. Best flask mods are Surgeon's, Perpetual, Adrenaline and Reflexes.

Of course, there is more specialization that could be done at this level. If you ditch the EE and Arc Mine part you free up some nodes that can go towards mana or crit or even just change it to more cold damage. I also included Blood Rage because free Frenzy Charges, but this can get swapped with just about any curse. Critical and Projectile Weakness help Spark and Spear, Warlord's for keeping your pots full, Temp Chains or Enfeeble to stop even more hits, ele curses...

Contest still running, grab the charplaner and win big Prices!

=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info