Weirdo build contest [win Exalted] WE GOT A WINNER!

Hello People!

Today i was bored from making da big cash with one of those builds everybody knows already. So i decided to make something absolutely STRANGE and the last hours gave me the most fun ive had for ages!

Becouse i had so much fun (and already got rewarded with Exalted drop, do the game reward for using skills no one uses btw?) i will make a contest for the community:

Create a unique, exotic and weird build no one knows so far!

I give "bonus points" for:
- using unpopular skills
- using unpopular uniques
- finding synergys not beeing found so far

In about 2 weeks from now i (and maybe devs?) will choose the 3 most weirdo builds and give out rewards from my stash:

First place: 1x EXALTED ORB
Second place: 1x DIVINE ORB
Third place: 3x GCP
All places: a lot of fun

All Prices will be given out in standart leage.

What u should post is:
- The idea behind (introduce what u created)
- The gear you use (and why)
- The build itself (aim for a lvl 75 char)
- How you Play your char (adding a video/screenshots is always good)

For Inspiration how to write, check this guy:

Spoiler

"
Wooser69 wrote:
I like doing these! I've got a few that I've been trying to slowly build up the items to make before actually making them. May as well post em all!

Pure evasion, high movespeed, fast attacking, high life shield chargin' shadow.

Uniques used: bronn's lithe, the peregrine, karui ward (might switch out), sin trek (or other, better 30% movespeed boots), crest of perandus (possibly), asenaths gentle touch (possibly).

The idea would be to combine shield charge with multistrike to be moving very quickly between enemies while attacking fast enough for the animation not to slow you down. With acrobatics and crest of perandus getting hit would be difficult, while heart of oak and high life means hits that do connect are not as likely to stun or cause a block animation, keeping up momentum.

For single target, due to the movespeed of up to +99% without a quicksilver, the knockback from heavy strike wouldn't slow down attack speed as much. Leading an enemy away from a pack of enemies with heavy strike would be useful to then combo with a splash shield charge on the pack it was separated from. M1 would use the multistrike charge with faster attacks+melee damage/blind (both with 5L), M2 the splash charge with AOE+melee damage, M3 the heavy strike with melee damage+faster attacks (in 1 hander/shield).

No curses, cause that's too slow and annoying, though asenaths gentle touch would mean even more speed while utilising the curse slot. Auras would of course be haste, with space for another such as determination or hatred, connected with reduced mana in 1hander/shield. Enduring cry with faster casting could also be used if necessary.

Can you tell 11.2 made this build a lot better? Hehe.

Pure reflect, max block, almost all uniques.

Uniques used: Cloak of flames, rainbowstride, THE ANVIL, crest of perandus/rathpith globe, rime gaze, doedres tenure (possibly), 2 kaom's signs (possibly).

77% block with rathpith globe, maximum of 74% spell blocking. Crest of perandus would be used while levelling up. 78% resists, 20% phys damage taken converted to fire plus arctic armour. Armour and ES depend on uniques used.

With endurance charges, arctic armour, molten shell and tempest shield plus reflect from THE ANVIL and a lot of regen, you could effectively be a facetanker while still dealing damage. The koams signs could be switched out to rares for resists, the belt would always need to provide resists too. Cloak of flame is used to reduce physical damage while adding more chance to ignite with molten shell, where the burning damage from that is the main damage being dealt. Because cast speed means very little to this build, doedres tenure would be useable for more damage.

The skill usage would be molten shell in rime gaze with elemental proliferation, chance to ignite and added burning damage. Tempest shield would be linked with iron will, culling strike and elemental proliferation, plus life leech if 5L. Auras would be clarity and purity with reduced mana in 1hander/shield. Curse would be either flammability or elemental weakness, ele weakness on spaced out enemies and flammability on big melee groups, ele weakness linked with faster casting and flammability with duration. Rest of the hotbar used on 2 enduring cries and immortal call, EC gems put into boots or gloves with ele weakness and faster casting, IC in 1hander/shield with flammability and duration. Stick arctic armour whereever.

Hotbar would only just fit in, with M1 molten shell, M2 flammability/eleweak, M3 opposite curse, AA, 2 end cries, IC and tempest shield cause it still isn't an aura.

So you'd get a bunch of enemies attention with enduring cry, cast molten shell, use appropriate curse, let THE ANVIL and tempest shield work their magic while keeping up end cries and keeping a trigger finger on immortal call until molten shell pops, then repeat. No direct attack spells used, to save on mana for casting molten shells. Arctic armour turned on at all times, at whatever level that clarity can sustain. IC used when incoming damage is too high, it will still cause molten shell and reflects to deal damage though :)

Very simple concept, but not entirely easy to build! All those uniques and the huge bonuses from ele prolif, ele weakness and molten shells quality bonuses means a perfectly geared char would be... really damn expensive.

Man, I have more but this post is so long that I'm actually tired from typing it. No more.

The build dont have to be very effective compared to the common builds, but the build have to work! The more weird your idea is, the better!

Let the fun begin!

AND THE OSCARS GO TO:

#1 (1x Exalted Orb)
Uniques no one uses, main DPS skill very uncommon, and so weirdo i havent seen anything close yet!
Spoiler

"
Xymordos wrote:
So my friend and I made a Pillar of the Caged God build, possibly the only working one so far.

Pillar of the Caged God - Fire Trap Detonate Dead (Likely the only build to reach triple digit increased AOE passively!)

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHYwx9EHsQfxFQEmkVuBXXFxwZhRpsHNwdFB8CKPopTyo4KrorCiycLL8tHy1HNsU22DrYO-E8BT1fQYdDY0bXRwZJG0yzTdhQQlJTVmNXK1j1XcZfamaebRlxTXF5erh65n1Tfll_xoFvgpuCx4auh2WIG4uMjDaMdo9Gj_qVIJYyl5WX9JrPnC2drp3Enjyf36KjpLGnCKcrrpOvt7TFtQS3MbiTu9a-OsEAwcXB88Lsw23Gnshb1HzXhtgk2t3bGtvn4XPi9-Qi5Y7mgedq6-7sGOw47FXtIO9874XxbPVL-tI=

Why Fire Trap - Detonate Dead? It is one of the least gear dependent builds in POE, leaving me room to mess around. It's damage type is also purely AOE, which allows me to stack Increased AOE passives and items! Fire Trap is an extremely strong source of burst damage, and Detonate Dead does 18% of the corpse's life as fire damage, which is strong AOE damage, and can be boosted easily without the need of items.

I got all the Area of Effect Radius nodes in the skill tree. Additionally, I picked up a Carcass Jack to increase the AOE radius even more.

My items are listed below:

Because Pillar of the Caged God has the effect "+1% increased AOE per 20 Intelligence", I decided to stack INT. To do this effectively, I used two Perandus Signet ring, which along with a total of 5 unique items equipped (2x Perandus Signet, Rainbowstride, Carcass Jack, Pillar of the Caged God), it gives a total of +30% INT.

Also, I found very nice +INT ES Gloves, Helm, and Amulet to help me with this build. If I was in Standard, I will be using an Astramentis

for the +100 INT, and to boost INT gain from Perandus Signet to +36%.

The passive tree shows a total of 470 INT at the end game, without items. Currently, my character is level 65 (Witch) and has 616 INT with all the above items equipped. AOE Radius is at 112% passively.

Currently my links are (the important ones):

5L Carcass Jack: Detonate Dead - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - Life Leech - Increased AOE (Currently level 15, which is 28% increased, bringing the total Increased AOE to 112+28 = 140% Increased AOE)

4L: Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Concentrated Effect

4L: Clarity - Purity - Discipline - Reduced Mana

4L: Flammability - Increased AOE (Total of 140% increased AOE currently)

Since this character is only level 65, the increased AOE can be further increased from 140% to even higher!

Leveling this build was not easy at all. Starting from Witch, I leveled as a Freezing Pulse - LMP character, which did little damage and was extremely boring! Only barely managed to pull through to the end!

#2 (1x Divine Orb) The idea to make a BFF for piety is just priceless, and very creative!
Spoiler

"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Piety's BFF

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDTASvBRNFm8YXRmFGmwdFCNNJIskqikuKU82xTbYNuk8LT0PPfxANkNjRHJE50bXTP9N2FBQVcZYY1j1XcZfP2BtZp5nm2e9ajtxTXfjfLh8u31TffWBb4KbgziExIrki4yMdozPj0aaz5uhm-ydgJ2uncSePKIApwioGK4-r2yzMbT5tQS2hrcxud3PZdDQ1I_YJNrd3QXd8-Fz42rkIulz7FXtIO5v7w7wH_Fs8i_zcfTp9kj60g==

The idea is to create as close a replica as you can to Piety. What this means:
-no chaos resistance
-no blood magic
-no totems
-no uniques
-no abilities that grant you charges
-tons of life, energy shield, and armor
-lots of resist
-three different primary skills to rotate through while summoning zombies

Item requirements: A +cold damage bow; a +fire damage two handed sword; and whatever else you want. No uniques, though! Try to look as much like her as you can while being a pantsless old man.

Open with Arc and pray for shock stacks. Sorry Piety, I can't use thunderstorm or lightning ball. Follow up with GMP Ice Arrow. Let er lag! Then switch to a two-handed sword (sadly no unique piety sword, make it happen GGG) and Leap Slam->Infernal Blow. Finally, randomly summon zombies in the midst of the fight. Don't forget to lightning warp before switching forms!

You also have to carefully recite Piety's lines every time you see her.

Just like Normal or Cruel Piety...this build probably won't actually do damage. But hey, it's some fun stuff.

Let's hope I can actually get to 75 on ONS with this. At least I shouldn't die before merciless.

#3 (3x GCP) 0 ES + 1 Life -> Taht build is just nuts! =)
Spoiler

"
Alright, this toon is still mostly theorycraft as I'm assembling the pieces, but here it goes.

Chaos Innoculation. Eldtrich Battery. Remote Mine. Frost Wall.

The idea is to make a viable CI EB build. Obviously the biggest danger is being hit by anything at all, so we have to play at a range. Even then, we'll have to play at a big range, so let's go with the spell that gives us the best range, Ice Spear. At a good range, Ice Spear's chance to crit shoots up immensely, and if you crit, you don't have to worry about taking much damage, so rather than focus on those wimpy defensive nodes like everyone else, let's stack crit.

But why settle for just high crit chance when you can get even more damage on top with Elemental Equilibrium? First set up the closest thing you'll have to defense, Skeletons with Added Fire and/or Minion Instability. Support them with Spark Totem or Arc on Remote Mine. Why Remote Mine? For a small delay in casting, you get an impressive 30+% More Damage. With 2 level 1 gems and no Lightning Damage, I was able two-shot mobs in Merciless, meaning mine, mine, detonate, 3 things are dead, and you can do even better stacking crit and light damage. If anything survives the skeletons and lightning damage, they're looking at -100% cold res as an Ice Spear hits their face.

In addition to the Skeletons and Totem, you have another line of defense, mostly for ranged mobs. Frost Wall. Frost Wall is even able to stop Goatmen, and with enough crit and cold damage, it to can freeze and will benefit from EE if your totems or Skellies have hit. And if all else fails, there is the backup of Grace.

The starting weapon of choice for this build is Ungil's Gauche. With a higher base crit than any dagger but Divinarius and 24% more block chance if you dual wield them makes them great offensively and defensively. While you will find rare and magic daggers that will outcrit Ungil's, the 39% block chance will make it one of the better daggers for a long while. The second piece of gear you'll need is a little more mandatory. Even stacking all this crit probably isn't enough, and what's a crit build without Power Charges? Since we can't use Power Siphon with Daggers and Power Charge on Crit can't link with everything, Voll's Protector is the obvious choice. While this will eat a good chunk of your mana, I believe it will be well worth it. Alternatively, you can go with Power Charge on Crit and use Infernal Manle, with implicit Spell Damage, ~500 es and 100% crit chance. Victario's Acuity would be great if Voll's is not being used to generate Charges as well, and gives us a Projectile damage mod for even more power. Rainbowstride stands out for the spell block and movespeed, as well as mana and even more es for mana, making it another great addition. Optional gear would be a +minion hat so you can get better skeletons, but if Alpha's Howl is an option, use it. With the slots that remain, the more es the better, and the paranoid can use Shadow gear for some more evasion behind Grace.

And while we know have a nice amount of damage and defense, but there is still a pretty hard counter to this build, the infamous Elemental Reflect. Rainbowstride, Lahzwahr and dual Gauche will give us about a 30% chance to block the reflect, but that's not very good and should only be a backup to offscreening ele reflect. Watching your Spark Totem can alert you to ele reflect you can't see, which you can leave to your minions or turn the tide with Conversion or Bear Trap.

Potential Build about level 72 - Without EE
Help Normal and Merc Alira, perhaps Cruel Alira as well. Still subject to change as I actually play the build and work out the kinks.
And then I suppose the ultimate setup would be:
Alpha's Howl: Reduced Mana, Clarity, Discipline, Grace
Voll's Protector: Ice Spear, LMP, Increased Critical Strikes, Faster Casting, Elemental Proiferation? for 5L and possibly Blind on a 6L
2x Ungil's Gauche/better Dagger: Arc, Remote Mine, possibly Blind or Culling Strike. Blood Rage, Frost Wall, Increased Duration on the other.
Rainbowstride: Spell Totem, Spark, Faster Casting, Fork?
ES Gloves: Summon Skeletons, Added Fire Damage, Conversion Trap and perhaps Minion Damage or Raise Zombie
2x Diamond Rings (Gifts from Above?)
Couple good choices for ammy, Victario's, Lahzwahr, Foible, or ammy with crit chance/multi.
Diamond Flasks are an obvious choice, but mana and quicksilver pots should also be considered. Best flask mods are Surgeon's, Perpetual, Adrenaline and Reflexes.

Of course, there is more specialization that could be done at this level. If you ditch the EE and Arc Mine part you free up some nodes that can go towards mana or crit or even just change it to more cold damage. I also included Blood Rage because free Frenzy Charges, but this can get swapped with just about any curse. Critical and Projectile Weakness help Spark and Spear, Warlord's for keeping your pots full, Temp Chains or Enfeeble to stop even more hits, ele curses...

Finally i want to say that there was a dozen of builds i was very impressed by as well. So dont be sad guys, i had to do a choice. And it was very hard to do so!

Thanx to all!
Last edited by xdjamakx on Aug 1, 2013, 1:31:16 PM
Like it !
Great idea man, good luck!
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
I already won :

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/463266

- Main skill : Molten shell.
- Unpopular uniques : ( wanderlust as my end game boots ? Also Hrimnors resolve from time to time )
- 0 life node
EB ( NO ES )

Will i win if i post my build ?

AND : in which league are you offering an exalt ?
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Last edited by Inexium on Jul 16, 2013, 9:09:15 PM
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 16, 2013, 9:18:38 PM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4C_gR-BbUF-QguCIkLkQ5IDq0PqxGWFHUV8Ba_F9gZjhnVGtseGiF2I_Yk_SaVKCoppSpbMHwx-jIBMww2PTnUOlhKfVFHVUtW-lpIXWhe-mHiYetnoG1sbXtv8nBScNV0QXb3d9R313pTfyuGzocZh3aH24w2jX2TJZcGmvGbJpuNnaOgn6OKpzSqf6q4sTCyGbTFtUjAUcEzxKLKqc3qz3rQOdIZ037VANbR3vbfhOOE51TndOjW7YPuDu967_Dz6vlW-WP8q_zF_iv_k__e

main skill: Ice shot
links: Pierce, mana leech, LMP, Proliferation, added cold

extra: frostbite, haste, grace, determination

step 1: curse
step 2: crit everything on the screen
step 3: dont get hit by anything because its all frozen, and even if it isnt frozen you knockback due to the King of the Hill node

downside is this isn't really possible using life, because you'll oneshot yourself every time on reflect mobs :\

edit: fixed build a little bit
Last edited by Horrors on Jul 17, 2013, 12:00:09 AM
THE ALMIGHTY SWAPPER
I sadly cant be in the competition anymore they killed my build last patch

I was a switcher

Range totem+Melee phyz+Melee phyz on full life+ GMP+ Puncture
Facebreakers gloves+ abyssus = 5k dps
Quillrain on a hand and unarmed on the other
Massive mana regen and recude cost to make it Arctic armor viable
Build

Spoiler
The only puncture build that ever worth playing, but now its gone
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 16, 2013, 11:55:40 PM
Burning Siphon Build:
You use the popular Power Siphon as your main attack, but the links are different than usual, as your main goal is to proliferate Ignite. The skill itself does not deal any fire damage, so you rely on high +fire damage on Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Wand and Anger which makes this build very gear dependent (you do not need 'perfect' fire damage rolls though as you have a 1,25multiplier from Power Siphon!). You also profit from +lightning damage for shock stacks to further improve your damage and +cold damage to either freeze or to use Cold to Fire to further improve your Ignite.
The nature of status ailments has a nice synergy with Power Siphon because you get power charges from the skill itself, so you only need few crit nodes, if any.
Unfortunately this build is only playable in the higher levels (60+) due to its specific gear requirement.

Main spell:
Power Siphon / Elemental Proliferation / Fire Penetration / Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Attacks / Increased Critical Damage or Cold to Fire

You don't need a single target skill as your Power Siphon can work as both.

Skill tree:
Last edited by Reizoko on Jul 17, 2013, 12:19:37 AM
I run a complete resist shutdown character, that is pretty much for supporting parties.

Once I can get up to my 4th curse, the idea is Elemental hit + elemental EQ, Elemental Weakness, all three elemental curses, and using the concecrated ground effect armor.

This means that enemies are suffering MASSIVE -175% to all resists, ontop of all my allies who are in the area of the enemies get the healing of the armor effect.

Ontop of that, there is a nice kicker bonus of handing out tons of random ignites, shocks, and freezes.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
I like doing these! I've got a few that I've been trying to slowly build up the items to make before actually making them. May as well post em all!

Pure evasion, high movespeed, fast attacking, high life shield chargin' shadow.

Uniques used: bronn's lithe, the peregrine, karui ward (might switch out), sin trek (or other, better 30% movespeed boots), crest of perandus (possibly), asenaths gentle touch (possibly).

The idea would be to combine shield charge with multistrike to be moving very quickly between enemies while attacking fast enough for the animation not to slow you down. With acrobatics and crest of perandus getting hit would be difficult, while heart of oak and high life means hits that do connect are not as likely to stun or cause a block animation, keeping up momentum.

For single target, due to the movespeed of up to +99% without a quicksilver, the knockback from heavy strike wouldn't slow down attack speed as much. Leading an enemy away from a pack of enemies with heavy strike would be useful to then combo with a splash shield charge on the pack it was separated from. M1 would use the multistrike charge with faster attacks+melee damage/blind (both with 5L), M2 the splash charge with AOE+melee damage, M3 the heavy strike with melee damage+faster attacks (in 1 hander/shield).

No curses, cause that's too slow and annoying, though asenaths gentle touch would mean even more speed while utilising the curse slot. Auras would of course be haste, with space for another such as determination or hatred, connected with reduced mana in 1hander/shield. Enduring cry with faster casting could also be used if necessary.

Can you tell 11.2 made this build a lot better? Hehe.

Pure reflect, max block, almost all uniques.

Uniques used: Cloak of flames, rainbowstride, THE ANVIL, crest of perandus/rathpith globe, rime gaze, doedres tenure (possibly), 2 kaom's signs (possibly).

77% block with rathpith globe, maximum of 74% spell blocking. Crest of perandus would be used while levelling up. 78% resists, 20% phys damage taken converted to fire plus arctic armour. Armour and ES depend on uniques used.

With endurance charges, arctic armour, molten shell and tempest shield plus reflect from THE ANVIL and a lot of regen, you could effectively be a facetanker while still dealing damage. The koams signs could be switched out to rares for resists, the belt would always need to provide resists too. Cloak of flame is used to reduce physical damage while adding more chance to ignite with molten shell, where the burning damage from that is the main damage being dealt. Because cast speed means very little to this build, doedres tenure would be useable for more damage.

The skill usage would be molten shell in rime gaze with elemental proliferation, chance to ignite and added burning damage. Tempest shield would be linked with iron will, culling strike and elemental proliferation, plus life leech if 5L. Auras would be clarity and purity with reduced mana in 1hander/shield. Curse would be either flammability or elemental weakness, ele weakness on spaced out enemies and flammability on big melee groups, ele weakness linked with faster casting and flammability with duration. Rest of the hotbar used on 2 enduring cries and immortal call, EC gems put into boots or gloves with ele weakness and faster casting, IC in 1hander/shield with flammability and duration. Stick arctic armour whereever.

Hotbar would only just fit in, with M1 molten shell, M2 flammability/eleweak, M3 opposite curse, AA, 2 end cries, IC and tempest shield cause it still isn't an aura.

So you'd get a bunch of enemies attention with enduring cry, cast molten shell, use appropriate curse, let THE ANVIL and tempest shield work their magic while keeping up end cries and keeping a trigger finger on immortal call until molten shell pops, then repeat. No direct attack spells used, to save on mana for casting molten shells. Arctic armour turned on at all times, at whatever level that clarity can sustain. IC used when incoming damage is too high, it will still cause molten shell and reflects to deal damage though :)

Very simple concept, but not entirely easy to build! All those uniques and the huge bonuses from ele prolif, ele weakness and molten shells quality bonuses means a perfectly geared char would be... really damn expensive.

Man, I have more but this post is so long that I'm actually tired from typing it. No more.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 17, 2013, 12:32:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info