Weirdo build contest [win Exalted] WE GOT A WINNER!

One character I've been having a lot of fun with, but that likely needs a lot more polishing is a burning arrow witch which uses lots of fire damage and burning nodes, and (here comes the somewhat interesting part) Hatred and Cold to Fire...

So I have burning arrow + added fire + weapon elemental damage + cold to fire + elemental proliferation, getting percentage of my physical stacked twice into fire damage... oh and using blackgleam to convert physical to fire

I really would like some build that is optimal using cold to fire, since it is really a pretty weak-sauce gem hehe (unfortunately I think in every case something else is preferable though)
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
Kirielis wrote:

- coldsnap power charge abuse, possibly including CtF

I was gonna post a crit cold snap dual totem and triple snap trap user with freeze mines, utilising breath of rime and level 1 arctic armour and arctic breath with AOE for chills and taryns shiver to take advantage of all the freezes. Plus fire traps with burning gems and passives to take advantage of slow enemies. Could use lightbane raiment too for desecrated ground but I've heard the damage is too low to bother with. But then I got lazy :)
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 17, 2013, 7:36:50 AM
I rarely play my standard characters much but i will post my build anyways

Iceshot Arctic Armor Duelist(an Explosiveburn original)

I always wanted to do some sort of frost archer build that would be viable and have good synergy. I spend alot of time theory crafting on how to make arctic armor with something other then a spell build.

This is the rougly the first version of the build(which i might add is god awful http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmN7G6mL6sb6nbmnEuNX4GbTK0yzp3Q06szWGnaq5zfzFZ6CHdkp9W68Y20OcDq0ppXTxIWBAoAUtYEt673Tt704yCRUgS0nAGQ0Cg9v8S85xbBYqTT8nbqoyfgPbQ9JvnhEPtAyTJ597eLqsPx6U3Fcc3H_G45_UGbyfJ6labSQ8p1xJUQ2NbAsi9H3S5oHAVHNTB2NXKw==

Definitly scrapped that idea when i realised going on the right side of the tree has greater benefits also eldrich battery is needed for arctic armor not just stacking mana regen.

I got some help from people at reddit, fine tuned a little bit and go this rolling

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbTK0yzp3Q06szWGnaq5zfzFZ6CHdkp9W68Y20OcDq0ppRR1dEF316TCfyswfFFHqriqf419b_I51KCfjb_e-KR4wdXrFOjWmyYyAbIZz3ph63pTdPGeuSFgQKAFLWBLeu907e9OMgne9ud0YeKH2xa_8-pwUsBR44Tw2Uk7cn4OSKc0EZZ_xqKjwfOCHtsLJ6labSQ8p1xJUQW1tMULkZrxCImTJV1owTOdo_yroi5QQow2Av7fhFVLbXsmlZAK

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Point Blank: Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to very close targets, but deal less Damage to farther away targets
Eldritch Battery: Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

Stats
+130 to Strength
+300 to Dexterity
+150 to Intelligence

Life
186% increased maximum Life
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
+20 to maximum Life

Mana
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Mana

Physical Damage
48% increased Physical Damage with Bows

Cold Damage
14% increased Cold Damage
5% Chance to Freeze enemies on hit with Cold Damage

Resistance
+12% to all Elemental Resistances

Attack Speed
40% increased Attack Speed
10% increased Attack Speed with Bows

Cast Speed
3% increased Cast Speed

Accuracy
36% increased Accuracy Rating

Critical Strike
120% increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
170% increased Critical Strike Chance
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
Knocks Back enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Bow

Movement
4% increased Movement Speed

Misc
36% increased Projectile Damage
30% increased Arrow Speed

Now for the most importent part the items!

Helmet= http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alpha%27s_Howl (Clarity+Hatred+Grace+reduced mana)

Amulet= http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Foible

2 Rare prismatic rings(Mana on both preferd)

EV/ES Chest(High ES+Health)(Lightning warp+fastercasting+Frostbite+reduced mana)

Evasion/ES Boots(Health+High ES)(Bear trap+Increased crits+addedfire+crit damage)

ES/EV Gloves(Or thunderfist if you have good gear)(Health+High ES)Frenzy+Faster Attacks+Added fire+Weapon Ele)

Leather belt(high defense stats)

Quiver(High defense stats)

Weapon

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chin_Sol

ah the bread and butter of this build. With chin sol knockback on crits even more freezing and point blank, this will allow ice shot to do very viable damage and freeze alot of targets up close also since you will be running arctic armor when you kite you will also be slowing enemies behind you, if you encounter a reflect pack all you have to do is snipe since point blank makes you do less damage far away, and lets face it ice shot does pretty garbage damage anyways so when you stand back and shoot its hard for you to 1-3 shot yourself.
For iceshot run (Iceshot+LMP+Life on hit+Wep ele+Chain+Faster attacks) in that order faster attacks being your L6

Overall i think the synergy in this build is nice and i hope you liked it!

wow, i guess now we Need a Special Price for Diligence as well!

Spoiler

"
I rarely play my standard characters much but i will post my build anyways

Iceshot Arctic Armor Duelist(an Explosiveburn original)

I always wanted to do some sort of frost archer build that would be viable and have good synergy. I spend alot of time theory crafting on how to make arctic armor with something other then a spell build.

This is the rougly the first version of the build(which i might add is god awful http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmN7G6mL6sb6nbmnEuNX4GbTK0yzp3Q06szWGnaq5zfzFZ6CHdkp9W68Y20OcDq0ppXTxIWBAoAUtYEt673Tt704yCRUgS0nAGQ0Cg9v8S85xbBYqTT8nbqoyfgPbQ9JvnhEPtAyTJ597eLqsPx6U3Fcc3H_G45_UGbyfJ6labSQ8p1xJUQ2NbAsi9H3S5oHAVHNTB2NXKw==

Definitly scrapped that idea when i realised going on the right side of the tree has greater benefits also eldrich battery is needed for arctic armor not just stacking mana regen.

I got some help from people at reddit, fine tuned a little bit and go this rolling

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbTK0yzp3Q06szWGnaq5zfzFZ6CHdkp9W68Y20OcDq0ppRR1dEF316TCfyswfFFHqriqf419b_I51KCfjb_e-KR4wdXrFOjWmyYyAbIZz3ph63pTdPGeuSFgQKAFLWBLeu907e9OMgne9ud0YeKH2xa_8-pwUsBR44Tw2Uk7cn4OSKc0EZZ_xqKjwfOCHtsLJ6labSQ8p1xJUQW1tMULkZrxCImTJV1owTOdo_yroi5QQow2Av7fhFVLbXsmlZAK

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Point Blank: Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to very close targets, but deal less Damage to farther away targets
Eldritch Battery: Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

Stats
+130 to Strength
+300 to Dexterity
+150 to Intelligence

Life
186% increased maximum Life
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
+20 to maximum Life

Mana
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Mana

Physical Damage
48% increased Physical Damage with Bows

Cold Damage
14% increased Cold Damage
5% Chance to Freeze enemies on hit with Cold Damage

Resistance
+12% to all Elemental Resistances

Attack Speed
40% increased Attack Speed
10% increased Attack Speed with Bows

Cast Speed
3% increased Cast Speed

Accuracy
36% increased Accuracy Rating

Critical Strike
120% increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
170% increased Critical Strike Chance
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
Knocks Back enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Bow

Movement
4% increased Movement Speed

Misc
36% increased Projectile Damage
30% increased Arrow Speed

Now for the most importent part the items!

Helmet= http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alpha%27s_Howl (Clarity+Hatred+Grace+reduced mana)

Amulet= http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Foible

2 Rare prismatic rings(Mana on both preferd)

EV/ES Chest(High ES+Health)(Lightning warp+fastercasting+Frostbite+reduced mana)

Evasion/ES Boots(Health+High ES)(Bear trap+Increased crits+addedfire+crit damage)

ES/EV Gloves(Or thunderfist if you have good gear)(Health+High ES)Frenzy+Faster Attacks+Added fire+Weapon Ele)

Leather belt(high defense stats)

Quiver(High defense stats)

Weapon

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chin_Sol

ah the bread and butter of this build. With chin sol knockback on crits even more freezing and point blank, this will allow ice shot to do very viable damage and freeze alot of targets up close also since you will be running arctic armor when you kite you will also be slowing enemies behind you, if you encounter a reflect pack all you have to do is snipe since point blank makes you do less damage far away, and lets face it ice shot does pretty garbage damage anyways so when you stand back and shoot its hard for you to 1-3 shot yourself.
For iceshot run (Iceshot+LMP+Life on hit+Wep ele+Chain+Faster attacks) in that order faster attacks being your L6

Overall i think the synergy in this build is nice and i hope you liked it!

Last edited by xdjamakx on Jul 17, 2013, 7:59:12 AM
So my friend and I made a Pillar of the Caged God build, possibly the only working one so far.

Pillar of the Caged God - Fire Trap Detonate Dead (Likely the only build to reach triple digit increased AOE passively!)

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHYwx9EHsQfxFQEmkVuBXXFxwZhRpsHNwdFB8CKPopTyo4KrorCiycLL8tHy1HNsU22DrYO-E8BT1fQYdDY0bXRwZJG0yzTdhQQlJTVmNXK1j1XcZfamaebRlxTXF5erh65n1Tfll_xoFvgpuCx4auh2WIG4uMjDaMdo9Gj_qVIJYyl5WX9JrPnC2drp3Enjyf36KjpLGnCKcrrpOvt7TFtQS3MbiTu9a-OsEAwcXB88Lsw23Gnshb1HzXhtgk2t3bGtvn4XPi9-Qi5Y7mgedq6-7sGOw47FXtIO9874XxbPVL-tI=

Why Fire Trap - Detonate Dead? It is one of the least gear dependent builds in POE, leaving me room to mess around. It's damage type is also purely AOE, which allows me to stack Increased AOE passives and items! Fire Trap is an extremely strong source of burst damage, and Detonate Dead does 18% of the corpse's life as fire damage, which is strong AOE damage, and can be boosted easily without the need of items.

I got all the Area of Effect Radius nodes in the skill tree. Additionally, I picked up a Carcass Jack to increase the AOE radius even more.

My items are listed below:

Because Pillar of the Caged God has the effect "+1% increased AOE per 20 Intelligence", I decided to stack INT. To do this effectively, I used two Perandus Signet ring, which along with a total of 5 unique items equipped (2x Perandus Signet, Rainbowstride, Carcass Jack, Pillar of the Caged God), it gives a total of +30% INT.

Also, I found very nice +INT ES Gloves, Helm, and Amulet to help me with this build. If I was in Standard, I will be using an Astramentis

for the +100 INT, and to boost INT gain from Perandus Signet to +36%.

The passive tree shows a total of 470 INT at the end game, without items. Currently, my character is level 65 (Witch) and has 616 INT with all the above items equipped. AOE Radius is at 112% passively.

Currently my links are (the important ones):

5L Carcass Jack: Detonate Dead - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - Life Leech - Increased AOE (Currently level 15, which is 28% increased, bringing the total Increased AOE to 112+28 = 140% Increased AOE)

4L: Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Concentrated Effect

4L: Clarity - Purity - Discipline - Reduced Mana

4L: Flammability - Increased AOE (Total of 140% increased AOE currently)

Since this character is only level 65, the increased AOE can be further increased from 140% to even higher!

Leveling this build was not easy at all. Starting from Witch, I leveled as a Freezing Pulse - LMP character, which did little damage and was extremely boring! Only barely managed to pull through to the end!
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Jul 17, 2013, 8:50:48 AM
dafuq thats a real weirdo-build!

"useless" pillar used -> check
synergy with perandus signet (which arent common as well) -> check
uncommon dps skills -> check

Thats for sure hard to beat...

/clap
Wouldn't you save a lot of mana by using a level 1 detonate dead? Just A Tip Bud
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
There's not really a difference in mana when I regen mana at 107 mana per second, but when I get the cash I'll buy a quality Det Dead. I accidentally leveled it a few times due to misclick when the gem leveled up.....
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Jul 17, 2013, 9:39:57 AM
Right now I'm building a Melee Elemental Hit Ranger. With Pillar of the Caged God. So far, it's very fun. I think I'll be able to pull it off while staying pure evasion.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
cryptc wrote:
One character I've been having a lot of fun with, but that likely needs a lot more polishing is a burning arrow witch which uses lots of fire damage and burning nodes, and (here comes the somewhat interesting part) Hatred and Cold to Fire...

So I have burning arrow + added fire + weapon elemental damage + cold to fire + elemental proliferation, getting percentage of my physical stacked twice into fire damage... oh and using blackgleam to convert physical to fire

I really would like some build that is optimal using cold to fire, since it is really a pretty weak-sauce gem hehe (unfortunately I think in every case something else is preferable though)

Add in gloves that convert physical to cold :]
IGN: Smegacore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info