August 16 Progress Update

Learn to think.

All this "beta" stuff is done only so that you can "release" a polished product. Why? Because at "release" the game gets the most media attention. I seriously doubt the reaction would be positive, because every review would read: Great game but people are already at level 90 with incredible gear and will just destroy you in ladder and PvP.

Personally, I have not seen a game that had a beta but not a wipe at release.

Open Beta is the 0.10.0 release by the way and a wipe has been confirmed for it. So that's one. And the wipe at 1.0.0 "final" release would be the second one.
There is no planned wipe for "final" release. Open Beta is the last wipe and is essentially a soft release. The devs don't want to do any more wipes between now and open beta as people don't like them and are doing balance testing in the longer hardcore ladder races (1 week+).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Sep 7, 2012, 4:10:01 PM
That's interesting, to say the least. While I appreciate no more wipes in OB, since no one likes getting their chars wiped, I do have to wonder how this will impact reviews at release. Or maybe they will market OB as "final" release and get the press attention at this time? We shall see, I suppose.
beta is for testing not final versions of the game.

I hope every one start from zero when the game release.

Why challenge the last level or ladder if some ppl have play 1 years beta have like level 90??? that would be very bad!!

I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
Starzon29 wrote:
beta is for testing not final versions of the game.

I hope every one start from zero when the game release.

Why challenge the last level or ladder if some ppl have play 1 years beta have like level 90??? that would be very bad!!

Everyone's character will be resetted when open beta comes, so no worries

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info