Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

Are they really (finally) giving Armor and Evasion hybrid Armor/Health and Evasion/Health clusters like the Armor/ES and Evasion/ES ones?!
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Thank you so much, GGG <3 <3 <3
"
havenrl wrote:
I might give ranger another go now, with a acrobatics phys build.

Nice changes, would like to see final patch notes

I would probably hold off on going acrobatics at the moment as we're not sure whether GGG has actually buffed acrobatics in the coming ranger tree change patch. Acrobatics still takes a much too large point investment for the bonus it currently gives and you're probably better off spending only 2-3 points getting Iron Reflexes and more life/armor instead. Or just stack more evasion and life nodes with the 7-10 points saved from not getting acrobatics. If the patch does buff acrobatics, forget what I said and we'll take a look at what they did.

I also wouldn't recommend making a physical bow ranger build (unless you'd like to be disappointed) as there yet to exist a Ranged Physical Damage gem. Without such a gem, it's practically impossible to ever out DPS elemental damage. If you were planning on doing a physical melee ranger build, also forget what I just said as you can use the Melee Physical Damage gem.
It should be mandatory for players to have a high level character (88+) and have done the highest level content before they are allowed to post comments about end-game content, end-game balance, and what's "OP"
"
Chris wrote:
"
SavageMinnow wrote:
I don't think this actually does anything about the fact that evasion-based characters get 1shot by enemies with high damage if they land a hit.

This is why we have evasion help mitigate crits. At the end of the day though, the mechanic is designed to be a boolean defense like that. It's certainly something we could change in the future (glancing blows?) but not yet. Please try out the new changes and let us know what you think.

Perhaps move the passives that reduce crit damage by 15% twice to the evasion side of the tree?
It's funny how you imply this is a nerf to Lioneye's, because even if you diminish the importance of the 'can't be evaded' mod is really really really hard to beat the bow for most bow users. I guess you could if you build around crit, but how many bow crit users there are? As much as people taking Vaal Pact?

The status quo of 'health pools', alpha strikes from high lvl bosses (mainly elemental) & reflect is still screwing the balance badly no matter what you do about secondary mitigation (armour, evasion) or tertiary (rng driven dodging & blocking). ES/Life vs. elemental alpha strikes; Vaal Pact & Reflect issues still are the main balancing problems (along with driving people into mandatory items/BiS (Lioneye's Glare, Kaom's is mandatory for endgame life builds if you don't want to die) or sole build enabling uniques (it's stupid Shavronne is mandatory for low life builds).

It's ok that evasion is becoming a bit more useful, but it's not gonna save you from death from the real endgame threats.
I tried to scroll upwards while examining the Screenshot,
to see how that connected to the Shadowpart of the tree.

Realised when my mouse not worked properly.
What kind of Evil Sorcery is this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
The first thing that became apparent was that dexterity-based monster had enough Accuracy to act as very hard counter to player Evasion. If you evade 50% of the time at level 50 but encounter a Ghost (which is a heavily dexterity-oriented monster), they'd be able to hit you around 70% of the time. Evasion based characters often prematurely ended their adventures in Wraeclast when they ran into groups of Flicker Striking ghosts.

I don't understand this statement. I could have sworn I read an earlier statement by someone in GGG that evasion and accuracy were independent of one another. My understanding was that mobs had a chance to hit you based on their accuracy, and if their accuracy roll checked out, then you had a chance to evade based on your evasion. From the sound of the quote above, this was never the case, and they were one and the same?
Last edited by RondaRousey on Jul 12, 2013, 6:18:04 AM
I dont see this as a nerf to Lionseye's. Rather I see that, now that mobs have higher evasion you just need more Accuracy - and whats a better way than have Resolute technique from Lionseyes and still keep your crits!

Just my 2 cents^^

Best
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Why do I get the feeling that RT users will get stronger because of this?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Finally you give me a reason to start up my favourite character again. Good work, GGG, can't wait for 0.11.2! :)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info