Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

"
Dusicka wrote:
"
maxboo wrote:
I guess the main problem with evasion still remains. In high level maps u get one shotted by bosses/mobs or whatever, it doesnt matter if you now have 80%+ chance to evade attacks or not...... so you still go IR for not getting suprised by a huge hit out of nowhere.

This!

Even with 95% chance to evade there is still possibility that I will get 1 shotted by white archer

You know monsters deal a somewhat fixed amount of damage and you probably still want to have life (nodes and gear)?

edit: in retrospect you probably were exaggerating, but seriously most burst damage you get in maps isnt even physical. All the melee stuff you try to stay as far away as possible and even if you get crit by that extra phys extra ele damage rare you have a good chance to evade that.

Obviously we will just have to see how things go in the end, but personally I´m a little excited and starting a ranger with the new patch.
Last edited by pennyyy on Jul 12, 2013, 3:49:02 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It has many beneficial consequences like increasing the value of good Rare Thicket Bows relative to Lioneye's Glare.

dafug is this?

It is a great idea implemented to nerf the relative power of Lioneye's Glare compared other well-rolled rare bows without messing up the entire game or completely screwing Lioneye users is what it is.

As expected, a job very well done GGG!
It should be mandatory for players to have a high level character (88+) and have done the highest level content before they are allowed to post comments about end-game content, end-game balance, and what's "OP"
Last edited by Athoy on Jul 12, 2013, 3:58:33 AM

Awesome cant wait! Also WTS ^^
I have thought of a way to make evasion pretty good and stand up against armor.

Just make it so,that,if you get it high enough u also have less chance to be criticaly hit by a monster.In that way,you wont die in one hit because of an unexpected critical that can reduce all your life comparing to armour.

Solution again can be found not to overpower armor/evasion chars,so that if you get a lets say 50 reduce and 50 evasion to have a 75% of what you could get with more evasion than armour.

I think that would balance a lot of things.
Bye bye desync!
If enemy accuracy is lowered overall that's already a huge buff to evasion. I personally think the main way to go will be AR/EV hybrid without running IR. You can easily buff AR much more than you can EV, so having the scale tip more towards AR isn't a problem to soak up some of the big blows that do get through. Using molten shell and Granite flask w/ Iron Skin on it will still gives you an easy 15-20K armor with practically none to start with.

There are plenty of ways to stay alive if you get a good life pool, and AR as normal, but sacrifice a bit of AR for EV. Even if you can evade 30% of the time that's gonna be a huge bonus to you living. It helps if you can evade reflected damage and those nasty crits from hard hitters.

I can't wait to play around with this, and yes, Kripp called this quite a bit back IIRC. Next we will see hybrid AR/life nodes on the board to make them more appealing, and the balancing act of life VS Armor VS ES VS Evasion will probably be much closer to being completed.

Let GGG take 1 step at a time guys, no need to call EV useless before we try it, and no need to ask for AR/life nodes just yet. I'm sure they are working on these things, as well as re-vamping the other 4 starter areas one at a time. We know GGG can do this, they always have before.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Mythicpoe wrote:

what so special? :D phys dmg thicket sux(and actually that one is a low rolled), because the base is way too low compared to lioneye / imperials, only triele thicket can be op
Last edited by Ispita on Jul 12, 2013, 4:20:29 AM
I think i need to make a new build for races if the ranger tree changes xD
Playing since 0.9.2g
"
Athoy wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It has many beneficial consequences like increasing the value of good Rare Thicket Bows relative to Lioneye's Glare.

dafug is this?

It is a great idea implemented to nerf the relative power of Lioneye's Glare compared other well-rolled rare bows without messing up the entire game or completely screwing Lioneye users is what it is.

Alredy got that sherlock, the question is how they accomplish this, how they "nerf" lg? with the new skill tree? ;)
"
Ispita wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:

what so special? :D phys dmg thicket sux(and actually that one is a low rolled), because the base is way too low compared to lioneye / imperials, only triele thicket can be op

6linked semigood rolled thicket in onslaught can't be easu to comeby . and i cant fathom how many 6 linked good imprerial bows/lioneyes you think there is in onslaught =)
Ranged mobs are still dealing more damage than melee mobs (including Orra Greengate on Merciless; one of the top 3 toughest rogue exiles). That has to be fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info