[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Using this at the moment. Indestructible with some MF. Meginord I don't use and probably will never use.

Also this help to have charges when you want them or prolong them. Is also sets of my CODT
Last edited by bowmore17 on Dec 16, 2013, 3:13:10 PM
Hi guys, first of all I really apprieciate your hard work included in this thread which Im following right now (43 lvl Duelist FB). I've got one crucial question about Facebreakers(version before nerf) because i've noticed that some of the guys still links some (800-1000) in their builds. As I know you cant find it by farming monsters (800-1000), but are they still existing ? Can I still buy some of them (800-1000)for example from the guy who get it before nerf ? am I right ?
Last edited by AdmiralCarambas on Dec 16, 2013, 8:34:07 PM
I played some time ago last time this build and had alot fun, then sold the gear since wanted to try something new. Tried Shavronne's Low-Life, Spectral Throw with crit dagger+shield, ST 2H sword and summoner, and I still didn't enjoy any of those, bought the gear needed back and having so much fun, bit more desyncing build than other melee builds, propably cause of lower range with unamred than with weapons, but still doable since you can't pretty much die to anything else than ele reflect
"
Hi guys, first of all I really apprieciate your hard work included in this thread which Im following right now (43 lvl Duelist FB). I've got one crucial question about Facebreakers(version before nerf) because i've noticed that some of the guys still links some (800-1000) in their builds. As I know you cant find it by farming monsters (800-1000), but are they still existing ? Can I still buy some of them (800-1000)for example from the guy who get it before nerf ? am I right ?

600-800% is new which drops from monsters, the 800-1000% is from open beta, and it wasn't rerolled for owners who had it, thats why they are called legacy items
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@GregorEisenh0rn
I'm glad that you are doing well with this build :)

@SoundwaveOiA
Well i really like the quality of Infernal Blow and Melee Splash .. because they both add more AOE not just for the explosions but for the "basic" attacks aswell ( IB does that because when linked to Melee Splash it becames AoE attack and all AoE effects work and improve it )
Of course thing like Quality Faster attacks and Physical damage and Multistrike are nice too ... more DPS is always better .. Added Fire damage .. well ... that's the least important quality on the used gems.. it gives some extra DPS but not that much

thanks for the reply I'll keep it in mind :)

I killed dominus merciless last night without much trouble. Altough I did notice a weakness, do keep in mind this is probably mostly because the build isnt complete for me yet. (I have a 5L so I dont have faster attacks yet and I do about 16K dps which is still very low). First phase with the uniques is a cakewalk. The second phase against dominus himself is the hardest one. There is where I noticed the weakness in the 5L combo. You have to actually carefully time your attack. The problem is if you misstime you'll be right in the 3 hit animation of infernal blow/multistrike meaning you can't dodge his lightning attack at least the first volley with hit you straight in the face. For his third phase I had taken some dispel bleeding flasks with me so it's just... simple, stand there punch his face in, dispel whenever you start bleeding :)

I've tried farming him a bit so the main 5L to damage him as fast as possible and then I switch to infernalblow/multistrike/IIR/IIQ and it's definitly doable. The more I continue upgrading gems and equipement the better it'll work.

So for anyone new to this build and going merciless dominus for the first time, keep in mind to time your attacks so you dont get caught in the attack animation and you'll be fine :)
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

I killed dominus merciless last night without much trouble. Altough I did notice a weakness, do keep in mind this is probably mostly because the build isnt complete for me yet. (I have a 5L so I dont have faster attacks yet and I do about 16K dps which is still very low). First phase with the uniques is a cakewalk. The second phase against dominus himself is the hardest one. There is where I noticed the weakness in the 5L combo. You have to actually carefully time your attack. The problem is if you misstime you'll be right in the 3 hit animation of infernal blow/multistrike meaning you can't dodge his lightning attack at least the first volley with hit you straight in the face. :)

Still a bit low on damage 16Kdps AOE... lol try doing that with a ranger. Your comment about the animation is spot on and the reason I prefer BOR over Abyssus. You are so much tankier with BOR. Evasion, Armor and block means I normally don't get hit and when I do my healthpool and amor is high enough I don't get oneshotted. Like any other game this game will shift more and more towards having the right combination of defence and dps. The game atm is still geared towards dps, this will change. Blacksmith is a good example (chaosresist).
Last edited by bowmore17 on Dec 17, 2013, 2:53:41 AM
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
The problem is if you misstime you'll be right in the 3 hit animation of infernal blow/multistrike meaning you can't dodge his lightning attack at least the first volley with hit you straight in the face.

One word.. or probbably link...

"
Can I still buy some of them (800-1000)for example from the guy who get it before nerf ? am I right ?

Short answer - yes, you are right, you can.

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 17, 2013, 3:21:34 AM
"
bowmore17 wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

I killed dominus merciless last night without much trouble. Altough I did notice a weakness, do keep in mind this is probably mostly because the build isnt complete for me yet. (I have a 5L so I dont have faster attacks yet and I do about 16K dps which is still very low). First phase with the uniques is a cakewalk. The second phase against dominus himself is the hardest one. There is where I noticed the weakness in the 5L combo. You have to actually carefully time your attack. The problem is if you misstime you'll be right in the 3 hit animation of infernal blow/multistrike meaning you can't dodge his lightning attack at least the first volley with hit you straight in the face. :)

Still a bit low on damage 16Kdps AOE... lol try doing that with a ranger. Your comment about the animation is spot on and the reason I prefer BOR over Abyssus. You are so much tankier with BOR. Evasion, Armor and block means I normally don't get hit and when I do my healthpool and amor is high enough I don't get oneshotted. Like any other game this game will shift more and more towards having the right combination of defence and dps. The game atm is still geared towards dps, this will change. Blacksmith is a good example (chaosresist).

lol yeah I know how the "low dps" seems... but I've seen people with 44K, 52K etc so compared to that it's low... :D My plan is to get to BOR at some point but I just dont have the currency to afford that. My 5L chest + abyssus didnt cost half the price of a BOR. Ofcourse abyssus +40% physical damage received isnt a fun one either :D

I will probably see into getting a Saffel's Frame just for that part of the fight.
Have you considered Windscreams as your boots? If you're able to cap resists with rest of your gear you can change bonus from normal bandits all res -> max hp. At that point you would have just slightly less hp and 20%ms less but as a reward you would have nearly overal 10% dmg increase and on top of that 2nd curse on cwdt that you could adjust to map rolls - be it ele weakness for even faster clearing, enfeeble to make it even easier to survie or warlords mark to easly counter reduced or no regen maps.
Well actualy you need lots of resists from your Boots aswell as your normal bandit reward( especialy if you use BoR) otherwise you'll have to sacrifice even more life from passive skill points and use them to get more resists. Having no life mod on your boots is actualy quite a big hit on your life pool, having only 10% ms is... annoying.. add the -ms from Lioneye's remorse and the fact that you can't use leap slam/whirling blades/flicker strike and it gets even worse.
On the other hand the extra curse is really nice, the extra damage is ... ok.

I prefer something like this:

And actulay they can have even more resists/life/armour

But Windscreams are good too. The extra curse is very helpful indeed.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info