[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey, what do you think abount new unique Daresso's Defiance for this build (with Abyssus). You think it is viable? Thanks.
Last edited by umuk on Dec 18, 2013, 3:17:02 PM
Well it's not bad but i prefer a good Astral plate over it
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey there ! Carzy build man ! Thinking about to respec my current 1h + aegis build for this one.

However i have a question since i worked hard to get my hands on the aegis aurora. Will this build work also with aegis ?

Oh one more question: Is there a big dps difference between BOR and Abyssus ? Which one gives more damage output ?
Last edited by dan166 on Dec 18, 2013, 8:19:44 PM
Hey dan166
Well you can use Aegis Aurora with Rainbow Strides if you want to. You'll lose some life and armour but the ES on block is nice. Or maybe you want to check out my CIFB witch :) She uses Aegis Aurora ;)

Well Abyssus + 6L chest gives around 10k more DPS compared to BoR; with Abyssus + 5L chest you'll have pretty much the same damage as with the BoR.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How viable is this build for end game soloing?

I have to be able to solo, my wife is IMMUNE to Stun, Fear and Silence and I have yet to get that epic drop ( Of my testicles so I can man up ) So I like to be able to solo do I can log
off or go Afk.

Will you be able to run IIQ/IIR on the build to make it efficient? Or should I join the bandwagon and make a summoner or ST Scion

Thanks in advance

It is perfect for solo ( i play only solo ) - one of the tankiest builds around combied with pretty much the highest DPS that a melee build can reach ( without using crits ). About the IIR/IIQ ... you can put some IIQ but that's pretty much all...
I just want to say that this guide and build was the most fun i had in POE. the damage output and fun of blowing things up all the way to level 73 was awesome.

Unfortunately i got a little to lax in my focus and while helping someone kill VAAL on merc, i didn't dodge fast enough and got one shot. i had no problem killing Vaal solo, but for somereaon with someone else there, i just didn't see which arm was up in time, even with 30% movespeed.

oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'd do this build again, it wasn't TERRIBLY expensive in Nemesis economy these days. 4c for 760% facebreakers about 10 total chaos for the jewlery all 8-15 or higher, the rest i already had or found.

i think the biggest hit will be losing two CwdT gems. that was a genius idea, and helped a lot. Using dominating blow, i farmed maps solo very safely, even tough ones. leave it to a level 60 boss to take me out (I was using abyssus so even with 49% damage reduction, his smash attack was full damage)

i learned a lot about what's important in the skill tree, and about the economy because i had to do so much trading to get good gear.

The only caveat i have about this build is the fact that it's SO gear dependant, there's really no room to have a magic find set, or input MF into it easily. one ring or amulet and you lose 2k+ damage and your farming slows significanly. The other really irritating part about the build is the 'auto equip' function of the game that i couldn't find a way to turn off. a few times i'd go to pick up an item on the ground to sell as a chromatic (white item) and it'd go into my hand, which caused all kinds of problems when i don't notice it and run into a pack expecting to explode it and i end up doing like 1k damage to them all and get into trouble.

Great guide, in depth, well planned and thought out. thank you for 2 months of fun.
Shopping around for some legacy facebreakers, do you think it's worth spending extra on a 980+ compared to, let's say a 930? This is with a BoR in mind.
"
Mistletoes wrote:
Shopping around for some legacy facebreakers, do you think it's worth spending extra on a 980+ compared to, let's say a 930? This is with a BoR in mind.

not necessary, if you took my build, and added 150% to it (my facebreakers were 760 i think) then you'd be doing well over 25k damage per hit WITHOUT multistrike (i didn't see the need for multistrike, my dps was one shotting everything except blues in 70+ maps). spend your currency on sick +phys jewlery and neck. it'll make a bigger impact.
Great build. I personally want to take a build beyond lvl 85 into end game maps, in groups. Not sure this will be viable in terms of my requirement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info