[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I'm following your build exacly right from the start with my duelist. Im at lvl 87 now and my DPS (on stat) is 12k and on skill (ice crash) is 39k (up to 51k when blood rage on with fully freeze charge). Is it normal? because im feeling alittle weak now!
Last edited by JackSorrow on Feb 17, 2016, 5:38:34 AM
More info is required.
What's your gear?
What are your links for your ice crash?
Are you using hatred?
Are you using Flame Golem ?

P.S. Also blood rage and max frenzy charges are effectively up 100% of the time anyway ... effectively you are at 51k. It isn't by any standards low, though it is significantly lower then my numbers with ice crash ... but by providing more info for the questions in this post i'll tell you where the difference comes from.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
KorgothBG, thank you for the quick reply. Yes, i'm using hatred, flame golem and herald of ash. My ice crash is linked to Fortify, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage and add cold damage (i know add cold damage is wrong but i can't risk change the chest colour now :(( )I just played this game for over 3 weeks so i can't afford a six link armour atm

Here's my gear:

My passive tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAO4EhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9xQgFSAV7Bm0Gj4blxutI_YqTSzpLYMuUy_MMk41kjwFPC09Dz3iPydAoEd-SO5KyE1GTZJQR1FgXz9i7GVNZ5toWGjybqpyqXTtdqx4rnk5eu982X11fuKDX4PMhNmE74azidiK8I19j5mUuKIAo4qplayvrY2uPq9sr6exs7Xytoq3PrkdvTa-p8BmwL_BgsSCxPbGrsqQz37RNtNv037Xlti92sHiLORR6Ubp1eoY7w7veu988B_yL_MG9qP3Mvuq_gr-ug==?accountName=JackSorrow&characterName=MedievalTavern

I dont know if i'm doing something wrong now :((
Hope you could help. Thanks!
Last edited by JackSorrow on Feb 18, 2016, 12:16:50 AM
Well 2 things:
You essentially have a 4L ice crash because added cold damage is completely worthless. Getting green and red sockets with that chest is extremely easy, try to get the right colors asap or use hypothermia or cold penetraition if you plan to cast with mana.
The roll of your gloves is definitely on the low side, try to get 780-800 ones.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 18, 2016, 1:50:15 AM
thanks again. i've fixed 2 things u point out. my dps with blood rage (3 freeze charges) is 66k, without that, just hatred, herald of ash and flame golem, ice crash dps is 52k. beside that, is there anything i can improve. Sorry i'm new to this game and alittle desperated?
Last edited by JackSorrow on Feb 18, 2016, 4:49:05 AM
Well looking at your gear and passive tree i have the following question:
Are your elemental resistances capped ?

Also your rare gear severely lacks life ... you might want to change that at some point.

TO be honest there are many and i mean many small things that you can change when it comes to your gear until you end up with the "perfect" setup ... but hey ... pretty much no one has perfect gear anyway.

Also as i've stated in the guide i strongly suggest to loose the HoA and use Determination at some point ... but since you seem a bit ... obsessed ... with your tooltip dps loosing some of it ( becuase of the loss of HoA and added fire damage in favor of blood magic support gem unless you get a 6L chest ) would be something that won't be ok for your wants and needs.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 18, 2016, 10:44:15 AM
yes. my elemental resistant is capped and chaos resistant is 19 percent now. but the problem is now i have to save my currency for 6 link armour first so i can't change my gear in order to get more +life atm. It's pretty hard for new player like me because i can't run any are tier 10+ maps ~~
I'm sorry but when get 6 link armour, i will use blood magic, hatred and determination. it means i will lose Herald of ash. So how can i increase my dps then?
Last edited by JackSorrow on Feb 19, 2016, 9:30:46 AM
Hey KorgothBG!
Are you doing Gear Checks by any chance? If so, would you check out mine and give me some suggestions what I could improve?
Cheers!
@JackSorrow
Well i must ask .. do you feel that 66k dps ( without flasks ) is not enough ?
You say that you can't do maps with tier 10+ but what's the reason for that? Do you ... perhaps ... die... ? Or you can't kill monsters due to the amount of damage? ( and i'm sorry but ... i kind of already know the answer )

Furthermore HoA doesn't really give a lot of damage, its overkill effect is what makes it cool ... but that effect is absolutely useless with Ice crash due to the way the attack works.

But on the question "how to increase my damage" well ... you can sacrifice defenses from your tree and grab damage nodes if you feel .... uhm .... immortal. And of course when talisman ends and your character goes to standard and if you decide to continue playing with it i'd suggest to buy legacy meginord's girdle and facebreakers.

Also are you playing solo or in a party? If you are playing in a full party ... don't expect to one-shot everything ... and there is no need for that .. there are more people in the party you know :)

@187UNDFTD
Sure man, post the gear that you are using.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 19, 2016, 10:33:58 AM
@187UNDFTD
Sure man, post the gear that you are using.[/quote]
Thanks Man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info