[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I am wondering :

why are we not seeing more hype regarding facebreaker + Aegis Aurora with the gladiator subclass. In this subclass, 100% of our block chance is also applied to spell thus removing the need of using the (rainbowstride + Stone of Lazhwar combo) or the Saffell's Frame. To me, since facebreaker mainly focus on abyssus/Meginord's Girdle and flat added damage from amy and rings the aegis seems like an very op item to combined with facebreakers.

Is there something i am missing on ?

Btw this thread is really ressourcefull.

thx !

Ps : Since we get 6 point to allocate in the subclass, gratuitous violence seems like a very nice offensive choice that could be combined with the bloodletting passive. I am wondering if the "enemy you kill explode" affects you or mobs around the enemy thus giving a much bigger punch to your aoe.

Last edited by plasmaszap on Jan 30, 2016, 1:24:58 AM
"
plasmaszap wrote:
I am wondering :

why are we not seeing more hype regarding facebreaker + Aegis Aurora with the gladiator subclass. In this subclass, 100% of our block chance is also applied to spell thus removing the need of using the (rainbowstride + Stone of Lazhwar combo) or the Saffell's Frame. To me, since facebreaker mainly focus on abyssus/Meginord's Girdle and flat added damage from amy and rings the aegis seems like an very op item to combined with facebreakers.

Is there something i am missing on ?

Btw this thread is really ressourcefull.

thx !

Ps : Since we get 6 point to allocate in the subclass, gratuitous violence seems like a very nice offensive choice that could be combined with the bloodletting passive. I am wondering if the "enemy you kill explode" affects you or mobs around the enemy thus giving a much bigger punch to your aoe.

i agree with you, the aegis combo will be OP again!

Yes, if you pick gladiator aegis will be better than it is at the moment. But the main problems with aegis remains - it's a huge blow to your armour and it's big blow to your damage because you won't be able to use blood rage.

You see the power of aegis is to help you deal with small fast hits, something that you already deal without it. But what's even worse is that the loss of so much armour makes the thing that is actually a thread - the hit hits, even more deadly. So yeah aegis aurora... thanks, but no thanks!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yes, if you pick gladiator aegis will be better than it is at the moment. But the main problems with aegis remains - it's a huge blow to your armour and it's big blow to your damage because you won't be able to use blood rage.

You see the power of aegis is to help you deal with small fast hits, something that you already deal without it. But what's even worse is that the loss of so much armour makes the thing that is actually a thread - the hit hits, even more deadly. So yeah aegis aurora... thanks, but no thanks!

Well the shield still provides 374 armor on max roll with 110 shield. The base block chance is pretty high 32% so it would'nt be that hard to cap block chance. Since you block 75% of spell and attack, i would presume that you could keep your ES shield pretty much all the time since you got so much resist.

I do agree though that bloodrage could be a downside for the atk speed/frenzy but for the leech, there is a pretty efficient node in the dualist area for that.

I have a friend who play's a "ghost buster vaccum" and uses that shield. He is pretty much invincible.

I still think there is a way to optimize your gear and your tree to make the facebreaker pseudo invincible with that shield.

Last edited by plasmaszap on Jan 30, 2016, 12:43:37 PM
Well I used to play with AA for quite some time ( and half an year on a different fb build ) and nope ... Not even close to invincible, much worse actually. The difference between a 400 armour and 1400 armour shield is close to 10k total armour difference which is huge. Again from experience I can tell you that AA makes you deal better with packs while multiplies the one-shot hit situation and lets be honest those are the only things that can actually kill you with a tanky build (such as this one ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 30, 2016, 1:02:37 PM
Hey man great build !! I have been playing it for a long time now.
The only problem I'm facing is during Atziri.
This build lacks movement skill a lot. Any advice for this ?
Keep up the good work. Also do you have any other detailed guide like this one ?
"
raider88 wrote:
This build lacks movement skill a lot. Any advice for this ?

Well for me being focused, good reflexes and a proper use of a quicksilver flask are more than enough. Dealing with Atziri is all about practice, the more you do it the easier it gets. But yeah ... it would be awesome if leap slam or whirling blades where usable. Some people use lightning warp, some - flame dash ... personally i don't find them to be good enough. So i just run around with a quicksilver flask with extra movement speed mod.

"
raider88 wrote:

Keep up the good work. Also do you have any other detailed guide like this one ?

Well there is an entire "List of my Other Guides" section. :P
All of them are detailed ( though none as much as this one ) but at this point there is only 1 more that is up-to-date.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 1, 2016, 3:09:34 AM
may I ask you (skilltree-related) why you did not take any x% increased skill effect duration nodes? is it not worth the points? and what is about the nodes near Sentinel (Scion starting point and then headeing to the south)? is it not worth taking the resistances and block chance from that 3 nodes on the side?

I'm currently playing a facebreaker marauder and it's just one-hitting all the trashmobs :D
Well when it comes to skill effect duration the question that I must ask in return is "why?" I mean you don't have use or need for it, hell even if you go dominating blow the points would be better spent elsewhere.
As for the res and block nodes in the scion start ... Well unless you are playing scion that means that you will spend 3 points for res nodes that you just won't need eventually.
How is Belly of the Beast for Infernalblower?

Isn't it better for that sweet life and the resistances?
Last edited by Mentyss on Feb 5, 2016, 6:16:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info