[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Hordearii wrote:
What an absurd example of the human condition. 28,000 words written without really saying anything at all. The phrase "Much ado about nothing" springs to mind.

As interested as I am to try using the facebreakers; I'm not certain there should be post-doctorate level required reading to do so. I would be terribly grateful if anyone could abridge this Facebreaker Thesis into the 500 words it deserves - or point me in the direction of an already existing one.

I thought this forum was for guides, not manuals.

Lol. You aren't the first to say this, but I should mention that this guide, along with containing everything you need to know for facebreakers, also contains a huge amount of info on general game mechanics. I should know, it helped me a lot when I was new even though I have never played a facebreaker build, except for leveling.

Also, this guide is extremely old, and has been worked on with new content being added since a long time.

If you want something concise, you should go to the bottom and look at the gear and tree. That alone should be able to explain to a large degree just how you need to build it.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Hordearii wrote:
What an absurd example of the human condition. 28,000 words written without really saying anything at all. The phrase "Much ado about nothing" springs to mind.

As interested as I am to try using the facebreakers; I'm not certain there should be post-doctorate level required reading to do so. I would be terribly grateful if anyone could abridge this Facebreaker Thesis into the 500 words it deserves - or point me in the direction of an already existing one.

I thought this forum was for guides, not manuals.

Ok i get it that you want to be baby fed info... but are you that lazy that you can't even search for a guide that you'll want to read... there is even a build list thread to make it even easier for you. Good luck!

P.s. and for people who just want to copy paste my build you can always just skip to the "my facebreaker build" section which has my tree and my gear... or perhaps even scrolling down is too much of an efford for you?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 25, 2015, 6:21:39 AM
Ey there again :)
I have a question if u have tried the bringer of rain , legacy version, about 15% block, does it work for spells too or only with safells? I mean if u have 60% block chance, with bringer u will have 75% , or 75% for physical and 15% for spells? And if u have ur resist fine without armor, the boost of life and %armour does it make balanced for the lacking of armor? I read on ur guide that if u dont have 5l-6l armor u recomend it, but maybe the legacy version with 200-220 life /15% block . I ask because a legacy version costs about 15-20 ex or more, and for 27-30+ ex u can find a 6l armor like carcass or daresso.
And maybe If I go good with the brigner of rain, I could save some ex for flask/amulet/rings
I hope I explained myself ok, hehe, Ensglish is not my native laguage.
Kind regards and thx ^^
Well first of all i recommend the first 2 legacy versions of BoR. The one that drops now is ... bad.
It gives regular blocks that means block vs attacks, not vs spells. It gives ok life and some armour and evasion, but what you loose is tons of damage ( compared to 6L + Abyssus .. or even 5L + Abyssus ) also yes you get extra block, but you loose some other great things that the unique chests can offer you.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well first of all i recommend the first 2 legacy versions of BoR. The one that drops now is ... bad.
It gives regular blocks that means block vs attacks, not vs spells. It gives ok life and some armour and evasion, but what you loose is tons of damage ( compared to 6L + Abyssus .. or even 5L + Abyssus ) also yes you get extra block, but you loose some other great things that the unique chests can offer you.

So, as a facebreaker player in WB, i should forget my BoR and go for a 5L (belly/daresso/LC)+abyssus? since i can't get the legacy version...
In my opinion - yes, that's what you should do.
That's what i have done. And it worked great!
IGN: Jorgumandr, Ogmios
What are your thoughts on rampart since you use fortify? Also, what do you think about herald of ash? Possibly trying to run 2 aura / 1 Herald.
Grabbing rampart requires waaaaaay too many passives to be even close to be worth it.

As for Herald of Ash - in order to run Herald of Ash and 2x50% auras you'll need level 3 enlighten and the sovereignty passive. Now i've done the calculations then tested to see the actual results and it's not worth it ... at all ... by spending the needed passives elsewhere yo'll get so much more compared to what herald of ash gives you. If you want to look for my post explaining this with numbers ... look for my post here .. because honestly i don't have the time nor the desire to do so for you right now. :)
Korgoth i would love to See a uber run!

I never done uber and to be honest i dont know if i can kill her with the immortal call nerf :) :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info