[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i've tried HoA + EP since it's very popular and honestly i didn't liked it ... didn't liked it at all. For me with enough AoE radius increase the cyclone covers the entire pack leaving nothing to really burn and it kills it instantly opposed to the time( even if not a lot time ) that it takes for the burn to kill them. I've already discussed that .. before :P .. essentially HoA + EP does the same thing by using different means. And the biggest problem for me is that using EP means that i have to ditch Determination and determination is a huge survivability boost for me... so again cutting defenses in favor of better offenses ( tho again imo it's not better it's just different approach) is just unacceptable. I guess i have to chase down a mob or two from time to time but i'm so used to that playstyle that i've honestly don't notice it ( i.e. i have to check my videos to actually see what you mean ^^ ).
Tho if monkeys are the mobs that run away i must admit that those are indeed annoying.

As for the perpetual quicksilver flask i absolutely agree that it is a huge clear speed boost .. but using one means that i'll have to give up on a remove freezing mod .. and i've died due to freeze .. and again .. dying on a 90+ char ( and 95+ in my case ) .. is not a nice thing at all. I mean .. gaining those 10% exp actually takes almost the same time for me as to level a character from level 1 to level 70 .. not to mention the wasted high level maps which again .. are already hard to get and which i actually could sell .. so i'm pretty much loosing potential currency with each death.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 3, 2015, 1:32:37 PM
Try running in your shield: shield charge - cast on melee kill - enduring cry.

It will give you some mobility and allows you to be proactive with charges instead of reactive. See if you like it.
I'll try it out.. tho i must say that i'm not a big fan of shield charge because it tends to be disrupted by the smallest rock along the way ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 3, 2015, 2:55:56 PM
I'm 50/50 on it. With that gem combo it allows me keep up endurance charges nearly all the time. As long as you charge a trash mob you can kill it. I also like that I can hit that random mob running away. But like you said, it catches on stuff.

Well if it's about the charges .. after i've added endurance charge on stun to my counterattacks combined with the CWDT + EC i'm at max endurance charges almost all the time ... i even consider respeccing my merciless bandit reward to Oak for the extra endurance charge .. but i'll wait for 1.4 first to see what changes :P
It's about half but you'd have to try it out to see how it works for you. If you don't like the charge in general then you probably won't like using it to get your e-charges. I've found I've gotten use to it allowing me to jump to mobs. As well as the fact I have charges before something attacks me. Instead of having to wait for something to attack me first so I can block.
That sounds good tho the endurance charge duration is enough to not run out of them while going from pack to pack ( usually :P ) .. but yea .. since i'm not a big fan of the shield charge i probably won't like it... but still ... gotta test it first ( when i have time to play ofc .. probably tomorrow )
I've remade the frame and reuploaded all of the section title images ( it looks slightly better now )
Also i've added links to my old guides.

Oh and i've just found that this guide was posted here some time ago:
http://webjunkiesblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/path-of-exile-duelist-guide-facebreaker.html

Thanks for the kind words and the attention ^^

P.S.
Also i want to change the image for the bandits section ... can't find anything that suits it at the moment tho .. i guess that should wait.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 7, 2015, 7:08:45 AM
Hi there, Does this build works with static Strike?
Static strike requires a weapon to be used... so the answer is "No" it does not work with static strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info