[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I've got information about another unique unarmed jewel ... this time with +21% increased area of effect while unarmed .. as pointed out the number is rather strange so i too suspect that the roll may vary ( 15%-25% ? 20-25%? 15%-30%? Maybe even 20%-30% ! )
In any case .. this seems like another awesome huge buff to Facebreaker cyclone users .. and of course a nice addition to all unarmed attacks ( paired with melee splash of course )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
some of the new jewels look insane for facebreaker like the one that gives (3-5)-(8-12) phy dmg per buff on you could be better than abyssus. There should also be a jewel that grants fortify on melee hit. The fluid motion jewel (Strength from Passives in Radius is transformed to Dexterity) could also be useful.

Taken from http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=theawakening
Write random stuff here
Thanks for the link man :)

OK so my here are my thoughts on the new known uniques regarding Facebreakers.

I'll start with my absolute favorite:

This one is a huge DPS boost! Herald of Ash is a buff, the new fortify buff is well... a buff... and many more ... this one can really make a difference in my opinion!

I haven't seen it yet but if it exist it will be absolutely amazing! Getting that cool Fortify without the need of a Fortify support gem is great , tho the support gem is very good ... but hey .. a free socket is a free socket!

I find this one to be very very good. Many people don't realize but 25% increased AoE is huge! In my opinion Cyclone will benefit most from it ... but the rest of the attacks are used with melee splash and with this jewel the splash area will be significantly larger. And of course it will make the already awesome Infernal blow AoE even better!

This jewel guys ... this jewel ... it's true that only cyclone will really benefit from it ... but the radius increase of cyclone will be insane! Personally ( as a cyclone FB user atm ) i can;t wait to get this one! Just for a comparison at the moment unarmed attacks have 4 radius ... and this jewel doubles it! Hell ... the radius will be more than the one that 2h axes have ( 7 )!

I find this to be a pretty nice jewel. I still don't really know what the magic/rare jewels can roll .. but so far i really haven't seen any magic/rare one that is better than this level 1 unique... not to mention that tey can roll tons of useless mods ( useless for FB at least ) so getting that one aweosme rare jewel .. ould be extremely difficult. Probably we'll see better ones eventually ... but the fact that this one is an early quest reward and can be used from level 1 makes it very useful and i'm sure that it will be used for a very long time.

Well from what i've seen so far .. these are the uniques that will make a difference to our facebreaker characters. Can't wait guys , can't wait... i don't know about you guys but i'm super hyped!

BTW with the current tree this build will get 4 jewel sockets for sure ... and for extra 3/6/10 passive skill points spent it can go up to 5/6/7 jewel sockets ( tho i'm not sure if the amount of spent passives will be justified ). I know, i know that the tree isn't final and will probably change .. but i really don't thing that the changes would be related to what is where ... IF there are any changes they'll probably be related to tweaking the values of some passives.

P.S. I'll just update this post if anything new comes up!

EDIT with new info 1
Herald of Ash is 30% in the closed beta .. so in order to run HoA + Determination + Hatred we'll need to spend an extra passive skill point for another 4% reduced mana reservation node
EDIT with new info 2
Concentrated effect now has 25% less aoe raidus instead of 30% reduced aoe radius and instead of 50% more damage at level 1 it now gives 40%, the mana multiplier is now 140% instead of 160%
EDIT with new info 3
Cyclone costs less mana but the quality bonus is reduced. At 20% quality it gives 10% increased AoE radius instead of 20%.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 23, 2015, 6:10:22 PM
What do you think about the immortal call nerf?

They say wie can get only 4 sek IC with ID and 6 endurance charges. Thats horrible for bosses like atziri or uber :(
It's true that it is a huge nerf on immortal call.
But my personal opinion? I couldn't care less!
I never liked immortal call and i never used it. Sure it's good but it is no way necessary to use one at all ... Atziri is perfectly doable without it ( see my Atziri run video in this thread ) and Uber is also doable with no IC ( i can't 100% confirm this since i haven't tried.. but from some people i know that it's really not mandatory ).

And on the other hand we'll 100% use Fortify and on top of that the armour formula will be reworked during the closed beta to be much more effective.

So don't despair! Is not such a big loss as some players think.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 22, 2015, 3:37:17 PM
With the buff to armour will you change to belly of the beast or stay with your carcass?
Last edited by hitreza on Apr 22, 2015, 5:41:05 PM
Umm .. belly of the beast doesn't exclude abyssus . The belly is a chest and abyssus is a helmet ? Perhaps you mean Bringer of Rain ? If that's the case i still don't see what's the relation between switching to BoR and the armour changes... care to explain? Am i missing something ( it's possible it's very late here atm )

Anyway.. if you mean switching to BoR ... well ... i don't think so ... Abyssus just gives way too much DPS compared to BoR .. and now add on top of that carcass jack with it's awesome AoE ( since i plan to stick to cyclone this is a big deal ) + even more damage ... there is just no way to use BoR. BoR is ... ok ... but in my opinion it's just the budget way to get many links for your attack .. and nothing more.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 22, 2015, 5:29:10 PM
Sry i meant switch belly with carcass Jack because of more armour and the upcoming buff to armour
Last edited by hitreza on Apr 22, 2015, 5:42:59 PM
Ah if that's the question then the answer is "Maybe"
With the awesome AoE jewels the Carcass won't be as awesome for cyclone as it is now ... even with the nerf to the cyclone quality. Tho on the hand i might get rid of the inc AoE gem in favor of added fire damage or fortify for huge DPS boost so that 20% increased AoE from the Carcass might be just too important to give up on ...
But if i decide to use a new chest i'd probably go with Daresso's Defiance ... i just love that chest! it lacks the 30-40% max life of the belly, or the 15% all res ( the res i don't need actually ) but it has life leech, it has more armour, it has some flat life to compensate a bit , it has awesome dodge chance, it gives nice chunk of evasion, it gives endurance charges on kill ... and onslaught when you take a hit ... like i said ... i just love that chest!

Now don't get me wrong the belly of the beast is awesome! But i guess i just like the defiance and the carcass better ) at this point at least )

If i decide to stick with the Carcass .. i'll probably need to reroll its colors ... man .. i hate chroming items ...

And who knows maybe a nice new chest will come with the expansion .. we'll see :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 22, 2015, 5:54:08 PM
Any chance you can help me?? looking for a RF facebreaker build....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info