[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I guess you are right!
I did a manual check ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth, thanks very much for replying! I've been craving a relatively out-there Facebreaker build as of late, and since Dominating Blow fit the bill, I started my search and stumbled across your awesome, well-written, & organized guide.

I've only been theorycrafting, and I haven't actually played with Dom Blow/that many minions outside of a squishy summoner. This Dominating Blow build seems like all the minion awesomeness of a summoner with all the passive-tree-tankiness of a solid melee build and then some, so you're probably right about not needing long-lasting Immortal Calls.

I look forward to the ensuing flood of gore (IB) and eventually divine conversion (DB) as I don a pair of Facebreakers! Thanks again for the guide!
I wish you the best of luck malboro_urchin!
If you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll do my best to answer as quickly and competent as possible :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 14, 2014, 12:04:39 PM
I wanted to see how much my dps would increase with born to fight notable passive.

Before born to fight 17515 dps
After born to fight 18692 dps

Over 1000 dps increase. Not bad for 1 point. Lvl 63 facebreaker.

My items so far:

Spoiler

Is it worth upgrading from 767% facebreakers? Would 780-790% give any meaningful dps boost?

For newer people: This is a cheap and good build. Not really possible as a first char on fresh league but as a second char easily. All my items are 1 chaos or self found.

Only need a 4-link for infernal blow to cruise through the content. 5l is not needed. Gives access to faster attacks though which decreases the time you spend in multistrike (lets you get out of animation faster to dodge heavy attacks like vaal smash and dominus smash) but not required at all. 14 000 dps with a 4l. Just saying.

Good guide korgothbg. Second time i play this build :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 14, 2014, 1:02:17 PM
Well Born to fight is a nice passive i think i have it in all of the suggested passive skill trees. 20% physical + str for more damage and life.

Higher rolled facebreakers are always better and they give some dps increase. Is it meaningful or worth the currency you'll spend? It's really subjective but if you ask me you want to get the best possible gear eventually :)
Hey guys ! Wanted to say that i've finally decided to kill atziri with this build ... and it was very easy...

I used Cyclone ( which is the skill that i'm currently using ) because it is the best of the options when it comes to single target damage. The only changes gearwise was that i've swapped one of the Quicksilver flasks and the Rumi flask for a Topaz and Rubi flask.

To be honest with you i've never really fought atziri a lot of times because i find the endless farming of fragments + the chance to get nothing that's really worth it very discouraging. So i practically went there with only theoretical knowledge...

So the first bosses went down for a total of 3 maybe 4 seconds. I switched to my Saffel's Frame just in case. I left the first Oversoul at around 10% because i knew that the other one gets stronger if he's alone ... so i just waited a couple of seconds went to the second boss, the first one appeared next to him and i just killed them both for 2-3 seconds.
A screenshot of their corpses:
Spoiler

After that .. my stupidity took over... i forgot to switch back to the Lioneye's Remorse shield and on top of that i desynced ... and i was killed by trash mobs ... extremely stupid mistake which is entirely my fault (in my defense i have to say that it was 3 A.M. here when i did the Atziri run).

The next 3 bosses where very easy aswell. Just killed the ranged boss for a couple of seconds then the rest 2 at the same time for pretty much the same amount of seconds.. so i didn't have to worry about the black fog or anything.
A screenshot of their corpses:
Spoiler

And after that it was time for me to waste Atziri. I switched to Saffell's Frame and went in her chamber. I was amazed by how fast her life went down. She started to cast her flameblast but she had no time to fully charge it because 3-4 seconds after i was there she already was at 50% of her lfie. So she multiplied(?) herself into 4 atziris . I've killed one of the again .. in seconds ... and she went back in the middle... some more cycloning ... and she sielded herself. Her healing minions were no problem. The shield went down so did her life ... and again .. the atziri's multiplication. This time i might of done something wrong ... perhaps i attacked the wrong clone ( the one with the mirror )and i died almost instantly without her even hitting me ( i guess the mirror clone had reflect damage .. and with saffel i could block my own damage ). I didnt knew that this thing .. can happen .. but i'll know better net time. So i went back this time killing the spear clone. Atziri was again herself and i just finished her with another spin.
A screenshot of her corpse+loot:
Spoiler

I'm pretty happy with the results AND with the loot - perfect crit and elemental damage Catalyst nad a mortal rage:

So in the end i died 2 times ... due to my own stupidity ... She is absolutely killable with this build and it's pretty easy and safe if you have encountered her a couple of times. So now when someone asks me if this build is atziri viable i can tell him/her that it is because i've finally tested it!

P.S.
Oh and another thing that i forgot to do is to carry a remove curse flask or to get rid of my Enfeeble curse ... which she reflect of course .. so i end up with enfeeble ( as seen in the screenshot ) -_-
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 14, 2014, 8:19:12 PM
Ok guys so today i've decided to do more Atziri runs and i did 4. Now i was prepared ( and awake ). I died tho the first two runs to the endless Rain of Arrow of the ranged boss ( one of the three bosses ) i wasn't really expecting it and didn't knew that it can't be blocked with regular block ( perhaps it is considered a spell? ) .... anyway i guess im kind of slow because it took me two deaths to the same stupid mistake until i realized that staying in the Rain of Arrows is bad for me ..
After those 2 runs i was ready for that too .. and the last two runs were flawless!
Photographic evidence for the 2 death-free Atziri runs:
Spoiler

Spoiler

So yep... again .. i'll say that farming atziri with this build is like a walk in the park if you know what to do! ( Don't be an idiot! Don't stay under RoA!! ) Also i am facetanking everything that Atziri can throw at me. :)

I'm out of fragment sets ... so i'm going back to farming forsaken masters ^^

The combined loot from the 5 runs ( 1 last night + 4 today ):
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 15, 2014, 3:26:37 AM
I plan to use FB + Meginord's + Lightning Coil + Abyssus. I helped Kraytin....
Will it be possible to cap all resists or will I require insanely expensive rings/amulet/boots/shield?
It is possible with the help of some passive skills and of course with purity of lightning.
Meh lightning coil. Not like physical damage is a big problem for us anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info