Question....

I think some RTS games are moving in a good direction (integrating more RPG elements). Games like Warhammer are a good example of this. I really can't get connected to a game where it just requires sending hoards of nameless drones toward the next guy. Or, games that encourage rush tactics to win (SC2). I am sure top-tier games are more intricate, but by my experience SC2 boils down to trying to find the quickest/cheepest way to win as quickly as possible. Not fun.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
I don't want RPG elements in RTS games. Could you think about Age of Empires 2 or Red Alert 2 with RPG elements? It may work in TBS games like Civilization series.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
I think starcraft 2 has more strategy than that. If you can't defend against bum rushing than your still playing on a lower level. In higher skill level its still used, but its more like guerrilla tactics.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Well personally if I want to play an RPG, I play an...RPG.
The only rts which has a good competitive online mode and rpg elements is warcraft 3 i think! It is my alltime favorite rts game as well... I like sc2 too, but it bores me way faster then wc3 did...
I think this thread should be moved to the "off topic" section now lol. Anywho, just wanted to comment on the "if you want to play an rpg.. play an rpg" comment.

I really think the times of "genre" specific games are coming to an end. That is, a FPS is a FPS and a RPG is a RPG and never should you mix them. Players tastes and level of expectation over what a game play experience should be have moved on from that model.

That's not to say that niche games targeted at certain players won't still be created (PoE is clearly directed at a certain kind of gamer). However, I'll wager that by the time my kids are my age (I know it will never happen because the world is ending in 2012) that they won't look at the games they play through the restricted lenses that we use today. Just my 2 cents.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
i think poe is more like a mmo though
"
Mr_Sidekick wrote:

That necro tho
Ign BurningforeverwithKnive
"
xahanort wrote:
"
Mr_Sidekick wrote:

That necro tho

For crying out loud. Last post is from 2011. =)

Passing time until summoner patch?
I think posts like this should be removed... all older than 1year removed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info