Question....

"
Rhesos wrote:
I don't see such a problem that every item could be useful. And i think as Oasisbhrnw said you will get used to it and know which items to take after a while.

I'm more concerned what happens if you don't need an item and it isn't worth trading it for something.... What can you do with such an item since there is no real currency in the game? As i understood the new dev diary there will be no "trade" npc who buys you're stuff. Maybe the items will be part of the crafting system but there aren't any infos yet, are there?

If they aren't part of any kind of crafting system then i may have a suggestion: Maybe there should be an npc in town who trades you one Scroll of Wisdom (which is on the bottom of the rarity list) for every item you give him to have just one reasonable thing to do with such an item? But maybe that would effect the balance of the currency items to much, don't know :(

There will be trade NPCs that deal with currency items and we intend to have them offer something for any item you bring them. This part is still under development.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
tpapp157 wrote:
The original intent was to have all six classes for the beta. I believe Chris said at some point that the initial closed beta may not have all the classes.

We're currently not letting the status of the character classes affect when we enter beta. At the moment, they can all be played (for gameplay/balance testing), with the art borrowed from another class.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

Judging by how long it's taking them to announce the classes (it's been two months since the Witch announcement), it's simply not feasible for them to finish all six classes and still meet their early 2011 deadline.

We could have rushed an announcement of the fourth character class by now, but we'd rather improve the highest priority areas of gameplay based on tester feedback. That helps get the beta ready sooner.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

I doubt they have the other classes finished and secret. The Witch was announced two months ago but was only added to the alpha build of the game a few weeks ago. So technically they announced the Witch before it was finished.

We actually had the Witch ready at the end of November. We announced her in mid December (had to make the video and such). We only added her to the alpha two weeks ago because we wanted to do a major rebalance when adding her.

The other classes will be announced in good time. They're not a great metric for scoring our progress towards beta though. It's better to try and pick up clues from the alpha testers to see what's not finalised yet - vendors, for example.

Let's not try to obsess over a specific date that the closed beta begins. At the moment we're adding people very slowly to the alpha test. This rate may speed up. The initial beta test is just a continuation of this - we'd add some fraction of the community each wave. We don't need to assign strict deadlines and dates to a process that has already started.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info