Question....

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
New question! I tried looking for an answer to this elseware but couldnt. I assume that the beta won't be started until all the class's are unveiled. However, the beta is supposed to start early this year. So, either the beta will start without all 6 class's or else all 6 class's are finished but not yet unveiled. Anyone know which is which? Thanks.

The original intent was to have all six classes for the beta. I believe Chris said at some point that the initial closed beta may not have all the classes.

Judging by how long it's taking them to announce the classes (it's been two months since the Witch announcement), it's simply not feasible for them to finish all six classes and still meet their early 2011 deadline.

I doubt they have the other classes finished and secret. The Witch was announced two months ago but was only added to the alpha build of the game a few weeks ago. So technically they announced the Witch before it was finished.

After two months, I think GGG is getting ready to announce the next class sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully by the end of February. If GGG doesn't announce the next class by the end of the month then I'll start having serious doubts about a beta beginning in early 2011.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
The original intent was to have all six classes for the beta. I believe Chris said at some point that the initial closed beta may not have all the classes.

We're currently not letting the status of the character classes affect when we enter beta. At the moment, they can all be played (for gameplay/balance testing), with the art borrowed from another class.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

Judging by how long it's taking them to announce the classes (it's been two months since the Witch announcement), it's simply not feasible for them to finish all six classes and still meet their early 2011 deadline.

We could have rushed an announcement of the fourth character class by now, but we'd rather improve the highest priority areas of gameplay based on tester feedback. That helps get the beta ready sooner.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

I doubt they have the other classes finished and secret. The Witch was announced two months ago but was only added to the alpha build of the game a few weeks ago. So technically they announced the Witch before it was finished.

We actually had the Witch ready at the end of November. We announced her in mid December (had to make the video and such). We only added her to the alpha two weeks ago because we wanted to do a major rebalance when adding her.

The other classes will be announced in good time. They're not a great metric for scoring our progress towards beta though. It's better to try and pick up clues from the alpha testers to see what's not finalised yet - vendors, for example.

Let's not try to obsess over a specific date that the closed beta begins. At the moment we're adding people very slowly to the alpha test. This rate may speed up. The initial beta test is just a continuation of this - we'd add some fraction of the community each wave. We don't need to assign strict deadlines and dates to a process that has already started.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Ya i was kinda getting that it seems more like you would rather have the game come out really polished than establish a fan base of less enthusiastic people. It better to release with a bang than early and fizzle. Still people like to know dates. Though the Dev Diaries and screenshots really does give the community alot to talk about and ponder. As far as classes i am really interested in seeing the first hybrid class to see if it follows or departs from my current expectations.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Yeah, I gotta learn to relax. I make most of my posts at work when I'm bored stupid. PoE is the light at the end of my current game drought... though Warhammer retribution will feed the beast for a month or so, it's really not a meal.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Chris thanks for the reassurance :) more and more you guys are proving your on top of your game :) (literally) keep up the good work at GGG. We wait in anticipation for the remaining classes! :P
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Yeah, I gotta learn to relax. I make most of my posts at work when I'm bored stupid. PoE is the light at the end of my current game drought... though Warhammer retribution will feed the beast for a month or so, it's really not a meal.

yeah agreed games right now are so bland.... and RTS games dont hold my attention I tried getting back into SC2 today and failed...
No to get off topic but on the SC2 thing. Was anyone else REALLY disappointed by that game?
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
No to get off topic but on the SC2 thing. Was anyone else REALLY disappointed by that game?

RTS games will always just be RTS games... i bought the game from target used the key with battle.net and resealed the packaging and took it back to target :). Needless to say i didnt waste 60 bucks >.<
"
Phouriuh wrote:
Needless to say i didnt waste 60 bucks >.<

You wasted some other dude's $60. Not cool.
"
MrNick1221 wrote:
"
Phouriuh wrote:
Needless to say i didnt waste 60 bucks >.<

You wasted some other dude's $60. Not cool.

Ouch.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info