Race Season Three Details

"
Hornet85 wrote:
For crying out loud, there's nothing wrong with the density in Season 2, it is to accommodate as many people as possible. Remember that not only we are from different parts around the world, some of us have other responsibilities too.

It's darn selfish of those who complained about the density.

Completelly agree,it was made in such way so most of the world would have half decent times to play,GGG cant sacrifice west america/west/middle/east europe/west/east asia/africa and their own guys in australia/NZ due to your wishes, most games already got times of all sorts of events suitable only for east america forgetting about everybody else,they act like true porks caring only about themselves,and if once world doesn't turn around them,they start complaining the developers-i am sorry in their name since im not hoping any of them would apoplogize.satisfying each part of the world is impossible,unless increasing density of the races,which would mean that nolifers get all the points and reward racing many times/day
:D
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
while I'm not too into races I know a lot of people are so good job! season three seems much more complex and fun.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEAH First Descent Race 9:00 PM in my timezone so it means that I will be able to play it because my girlfriend come back from the university at 11:00 PM ohohohoh yeah Descent Race, Beer and Pringles :3
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
I think I might actually try a couple of these out this time.

The Descent races seem particularly fun. :)
Totally disappointed.....
PoE becomes less and less appealing over time.

Thanks for placing 8h Turbo at monday night.....
How about Friday/Saturday so everybody could participate.
But no......
It's Tuesday or Monday for everybody
A random generator with explicit cases could create better time shedules.

This looks totally unplanned and rushed to me.

1. 1000 Points for 160 Races? Season 1 had the highest Tier at 480 and most racers didn't go there because the rewards were trash. And those players going over 480 points had a 80%
2. Trying to mix feedback that goes into both directions will always end up worse.
3. Rewards are horrible again.

"
We gave out too many Demigod's Triumphs, diminishing their short-term value

Imo you really could give out more they only end up at the botterboard anyway....
And guess who are members on the botterboard right regular racers.
You better clean up the botterboard then.
And with that I mean no pms their users make fun of aka "RMT = Banning"

"
Season Two event density was too high

Regular Racers wanted almost 100% participation and never understood that the races weren't intended to do 100%

"
Too many events had complex sets of mods like BLAMT that not everyone enjoyed

Lethal only Lethal!
Actif-->Fine
Lactif Not fine
BAMT Fine
BLAMT Not Fine

"
1 One-week Race: This awards a Demigod's Stride Unique item to the top 20 players

And of course it's normal again........
*sigh*
As if 4 normal leagues(Onslaught is nothing but a fleet mod) aren't enough there must be 2-3 other normal one weekers. Hope it gets really hot those weeks.

When can we have our own modded leagues untied from the common leagues or promote your game as MMO already and change Party size to 32.

"
50 Competitive Races: These award a Demigod's Stride Unique item to the top player of each class. We have avoided scheduling other competitive events at the same time as the as the one-week race.

This reward system is entirly stupid. So somebody better at complex races gets nothing but random Items because it's considered "Fun".
But somebody good at rushing short normal modes/turbo gets a demigod?
And why are there Descent races if they don't reward anything if you don't do good?

"
This is a total of approximately 320 regular Demigod's Strides and 38 alternate art ones given out across the Season. In comparison, we gave out 2300+ Demigod's Triumphs across Seasons One and Two!

(260-2)*6+40+38 demis from season 2.
<41*6 Betweenseason demis(CT gave no demi)
(109-1)*6+20+20

Now you turn it into 50*6 +20......

Ever had the idea about 3 different kind of demigods?
jizzed, in mah pants
"
Ezekiel_ wrote:
"
Bhaya wrote:
I am a casual player and I like to play races if there is an incentive to do so.

NoOne is forced to do Races ...

You should play Races if You like Racing, not because of the Prizes or some Kind of Incentive

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess, I can't play them at all, then. Thank you for clearing that out for me.

Last edited by Bhaya on Jun 27, 2013, 9:21:14 AM
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Ezekiel_ wrote:
"
Bhaya wrote:
I am a casual player and I like to play races if there is an incentive to do so.

NoOne is forced to do Races ...

You should play Races if You like Racing, not because of the Prizes or some Kind of Incentive

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess, I can't play them at all, then. Thank you for clearing that out for me.

You're Welcome, have Fun with all the other great Stuff going on in PoE ;)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Looks like Chris & the boys didn't think my race suggestion was the way to go...for season 3 at least!:P Maybe they'll look into the structure I proposed for season 4 :)

To those who might be curious, I proposed the same type race run throughout a 24 hour period so ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL TIME ZONES can, in essence, participate in the race. Each account would only be allowed to finish one race per day. Once all the races were complete, results from all the races for the day would be grouped in a final placement ladder for that event with rewards handed out accordingly.

The reason I think this is a very good idea is because between rl events & normal ladders it would be nice to spend a little time each day racing, then jumping back into your permanent league for the remainder of your online time.

People worried that some folks out there would create multiple accounts to increase their odds at finishing with a Demi can have their worries laid to rest for these 2 simple reason:

-Only n00b twats would actually do this. No serious gamer would bother making multiple accounts just to win a Demi.
-Multiple accounts wouldn't work in the long run because the n00b twats who did such a thing wouldn't get very high in the season ladder with their earned points spread out among multiple accounts.

So there you have it.

tl;dr Run the same race all day, one completion allowed per account per day. Top results for the whole day determine final placement.

Boom
Pow

p.s.: you know this is the way to handle PoE racing C.W.:)
Last edited by boboglum on Jun 27, 2013, 10:02:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info