Race Season Three Details

"
Chris wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Also, I hope the per-race point rewards have been adjusted to compensate for a 100 less races, seeing as how the points required for the highest prize are still the same.

They haven't, but that's because it's not intentional that 20 people will receive the top prize!

I'm surprised you went this direction, the personal, numbered Demigods seemed more prestige to me but either way I'm glad you fixed that. Took you two seasons, I know it could have been worse.
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
I can't waaaaait! This season looks much promising then last season. I love you guys ^_^
I think the lack of tangible per-race rewards for those not in the top 1% of racers is going to keep participation low yet again, especially once they reach the point where theyd need to place decently in 20+ more races just to see one more likely-useless alt art item.

The descent races seem particularly bad for this- a large majority of competitors will likely end each event with literally nothing- though perhaps the unique gameplay will be enough to make them popular, at least for the first few events.

Commented on the load of boots in another thread; not a big deal, though i do kinda wonder why there wasnt more base item diversity.

The points system seems like as much of a unrewarding grind as ever. Ill likely stop at chayula and stick to signatures; those later rewards dont seem at all worth the time and effort itll take to earn them, which would be less of an issue to me if there were progression based events, cruel/merciless events etc and so much of that time wasnt likely to be spent mindlessly rerunning the same couple of zones in normal over and over for the 4th season in a row.

I have no idea why you abandoned orb rewards and seem so unwilling to bring them back. They were a huge incentive to players who could only attend the occasional event or had little chance of a top finish, and race attendance has clearly plummeted since they were removed. We also have constant complaints in the main leagues that the better orbs are so rare that almost no one can afford to use them for their intended purposes, and that they all get hoarded for use as currency. Seems like a no brainer to use race orbs rewards to kill two birds with one stone. Never too late to reconsider!

Overall im still looking forward to the new season, though not nearly as much so as i hoped i would be, and i doubt ill continue competing once i hit my (rather low) points goal and have a handful of demis won with a signature slot locked. That said, im sure ill enjoy those races i do participate in nevertheless.

Good luck in the new season all!
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jun 27, 2013, 5:04:03 AM
"
ephetat wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
Still no love for EEST timezone. Makes me sad.

Clarification: There is 4 hour gap between 8PM - 12 AM, really bad news for anyone working full-time.

I second this sentiment! What is the reasoning behind that four-hour gap? It seems rather arbitrary. A 10PM slot would be wondeful!

I must be missing something; I see 8 pm and 11 pm.

Thanks Chris and GGG for giving us Season 3; unfortunately, your decision to give us fewer races means I won't be playing nearly as much this go-round. A bigger slate was great for us casual players, as we had more options to work around our RL schedules. I had 260-some points in Season 2; I'll be surprised if I make 50 this time...just not enough non work-time events in my time zone. Sorry, I enjoyed racing last season, but given the rather limited upside from the truncated schedule, I just can't get too enthusiastic about Season 3.

I'm only one face in the crowd, though, so best of luck to those of you who have the flexibility to make it into a good number of races this go-round.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
KoTao wrote:

I have no idea why you abandoned orb rewards and seem so unwilling to bring them back.

Isn't that totally obvious?
It would inflate the economy even more.
People in CB used to get their wealth entirely from races.
I would totally be against orb rewards, I like alternate art items, would like to see more of them (especially things like onyx, coral, and now leather belt)

I also fail to see how alternate art items are a bad thing. Races should be optional as it would upset many players that the „racers“ have an advantage in the regular game. Currency would be a true benefit, while alternate art uniques are merely a flavor thing (since you can get the normal uniques in game just as well). Sure you can get currency in normal games but currency is much better to trade than an alternate art Blackheart.

I think the descent races are the best thing about the season, they are quite experimental. I didnt like when they gave out demigods for cutthroat as those were just „fun“ leagues.
You play the game for fun and not for some E-Penis (while that is possible too). Races are fun, and competition in them is fun too. Getting rewards is just an extra.
You get nothing for playing Onslaught or Anarchy and yet people do it. Why? Because it‘s fun!

I look forward to the new season it will be great and I like the changes. I never won a demigod but I thought they gave them out waaay too much and there were also waaaay too many races.
"
danzha wrote:
Dat leather belt >:[

Yeah I too wondered about that 50 point normal leather belt reward.

What's the deal?
"
GoBBLeS666 wrote:
"
danzha wrote:
Dat leather belt >:[

Yeah I too wondered about that 50 point normal leather belt reward.

What's the deal?

Haven't they been doing one white item with iLvl 100 and alternate art every season so far? I think it was a coral ring and onyx amulet so far, makes sense to have a belt next.
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
Still no love for EEST timezone. Makes me sad.

Clarification: There is 4 hour gap between 8PM - 12 AM, really bad news for anyone working full-time.

I second this sentiment! What is the reasoning behind that four-hour gap? It seems rather arbitrary. A 10PM slot would be wondeful!

I must be missing something; I see 8 pm and 11 pm.

Thanks Chris and GGG for giving us Season 3; unfortunately, your decision to give us fewer races means I won't be playing nearly as much this go-round. A bigger slate was great for us casual players, as we had more options to work around our RL schedules. I had 260-some points in Season 2; I'll be surprised if I make 50 this time...just not enough non work-time events in my time zone. Sorry, I enjoyed racing last season, but given the rather limited upside from the truncated schedule, I just can't get too enthusiastic about Season 3.

I'm only one face in the crowd, though, so best of luck to those of you who have the flexibility to make it into a good number of races this go-round.

Everyone sees schedule in their own timezone. For eest schedule is like this;

No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
IMO you haven't gone far enough.

Only the 'competitive' & descent races (descent point reward should probably higher if they turn to be how they are, although I don't know for sure because the 'you keep position even if you die' thing) should give points for the ladder position.

This should give competitive players enough perception of a competitiveness environment instead of a grinding environment, still far away of perfect but better than S1/2.
"
ignarsoll wrote:

Everyone sees schedule in their own timezone. For eest schedule is like this;

Oops; thought the first "E" was a typo. My lack of knowledge in Global Time Zones is showing...in that case, I agree: four-hour gap should not be there in prime time.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info