{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

Played this to level 90, some thoughts:

Frost sentinal VS solarguards
Used frost sentinal till level 90 and just switched to solar guards.
The sentinals have better aoe clear i think and feel great to play. The solarguards however do MUCH more single target (burst)damage. With rares from abysses i prefer the solar guards, even from a safety perspective.

Defence:
Stacking regen+block(bone offering)+5% life on block shield is very nice. I really needed more defences because of the Abyss rares, and this setup helped me out.

Jewels:
Acording to pob, cast speed+cast speed when recently killed are the best jewels. They give like 6-7% extra dps. The elemental damage ones and minion damage ones give about 3-4%.

"
mattc3303 wrote:
"
Solar Guards is already stronger than it was in Harbinger even with the Spell Echo bug. The new jewels are completely absurd and being a Necro means it's really easy for us to use the Darkness Enthroned. Even with my shit gear without Vis my Solar Guards have already come close in power level to my previous char in Harbinger.

While I'm also pissed off at the Spell Echo bug myself, I can't help but thinking that people keep forgetting about the new jewels and belt and too focused on "Oh, one gem is broken, the entire build goes down into the crapper now...".

Its ok if the plebs keep thinking spectre are shit now we can hoard all the good items to our selves and continue to play our op build ;) which is even stronger now because of these ridiculous jewels.

Even tukohama's vanguard which seemed like a big nerf is still destroying shaper perfectly fine.

---

Here is a tip for people looking for a 5L-6L vismortis but can't afford it.

1. Simply buy a minion damage supported helmet. http://poe.trade/search/ikikagaritoome
2. Buy any vis mortis (literally rolls do not matter)
3. Have a 5L spectre with +1 spectre at the same time?
3.5. These helmets can come with conc effect, and other supports as well? super cheap 6L
4. Profit?!?!?

Yeah exactly. I geared up to 6L Vis, without relying on fusing luck, grinded my way through 13ex worth of gear in 4 days, literally because it's so easy running maps with Solar Guards. No one in my guild that's not a summoner could do even remotely close to those who's doing spectre summoner when it comes to speed running maps this early in the league (well minus one dude who's like a race pro).

My point being, bugged gem sucks, we all feel the same. But stop complaining and thinking like it's the end of the world, I can't remember any period in PoE since I started playing Summoner back in 2013 where we are at a better spot than in Abyss league. Those jewels + uniques are a huge power boost.

If you're new to this game, or summoners in general. Specifically in this league, this is how I usually start a league if I'm playing a Summoner :

1. Follow step-1 of matt's leveling guide, very early on in the game, if you have no access to Tabula/Ashcaller/Axiom/Lifesprig/etc.

2. Focus on getting your SRS gem, grab two of them, a melee splash, two minion dmage gem, and a spell totem gem. Get two of any wand from Nessa or from drops, and use this recipe : Ruby Ring (Iron Ring + any Red Skill gem) + Magic Wand + Orb of Alteration = +1 Fire Wand. This is so you can use SRS + Minion Damage + Melee Splash on one wand, and SRS + Minion Damage + Spell Totem on the other wand to dual wield, this allows you to skip the cast speed and duration nodes necessary to make SRS effective. And this can carry you through to almost the entirety of the Acts.

3. Use zombies despite them dying all the time, this is normal, and they're supposed to die. Use them as meatshields and nothing else. I used Zombies + Melee Splash + Faster Attacks on the first day of the league and it was enough.

4. Grab your spectre gem, you can use them whenever you like, doesn't matter. SRS is enough.

4. Keep following matt's tree progression, I have my own tree I use but this guide's progression tree fits a more generic playstyle. Your goal is to reach Blood Aqueduct, and to farm Humility cards. Normal pace would mean that you'll reach Blood Aqueduct when you're 60-62, keep going back and forth and reset the map until you have a full set of it, and trade them off for a free Tabula Rasa.

5. If you haven't, this is the time to switch fully to spectres, use the guide to get the required gems and links. I normally wouldn't bother with Vis Mortis because even unsocketed it's relatively expensive and not really cost-effective to buy outright. While a 5L Vis outperforms 6L tabula, a Tabula Rasa is free and should allow you to free up some currencies to get other gear so you're map ready earlier.

6. Finish the story line. Start doing easy maps, do chaos recipes, sell any unnecessary currencies and items, your goal is to get (in order of priority) : Bones of Ullr, Victario's Charity, accessories to cap your resists, Unending Hunger jewel, and then your first Vis Mortis.

7. Keep doing maps or labs, doesn't matter. Farm currencies. At this point in my progression, I was still using Tabula and could farm red maps just fine. Progress your atlas, keep going after those Shaper areas if you can, and grab any Ghastly jewels you came across.

8. Minion jewels used to be extremely expensive in previous leagues, well, not anymore. Ghastly jewels are easy to get, keep scour > alt > aug > regal craft them until you get flat life + inc. damage/cast speed/flat fire. Fill up your jewel sockets with them. These jewels are a huge power boost.

9. Do whatever, fuse your own 6L Vis, or just buy them outright, you shouldn't have any problem getting 10-13 exalts by now for one.

Hope this helps.
"
blastarus wrote:
Played this to level 90, some thoughts:

Frost sentinal VS solarguards
Used frost sentinal till level 90 and just switched to solar guards.
The sentinals have better aoe clear i think and feel great to play. The solarguards however do MUCH more single target (burst)damage. With rares from abysses i prefer the solar guards, even from a safety perspective.

Defence:
Stacking regen+block(bone offering)+5% life on block shield is very nice. I really needed more defences because of the Abyss rares, and this setup helped me out.

Jewels:
Acording to pob, cast speed+cast speed when recently killed are the best jewels. They give like 6-7% extra dps. The elemental damage ones and minion damage ones give about 3-4%.

From a safety point Sentinels are better,constant knockback,freeze and shatter.
And Guards single target is better yes but not THAT much + Sentinels have noticable better Map clear.
Sadly you cant block with Necromantis Aegis :(

And for Jewels i really like the minions have attack/cast speed on kill.

I guess in the end it doesnt even matter. lul.

Build Updates:

- Updated leveling section.
- Working on a new tree for the league (to incorporate these crazy jewels)

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Fixed a bug where Spell Echo and Multistrike's repeating behaviour did not work correctly when supporting Minions.

We back in business, boys
Do the ghastly gems with +xx damage to attacks work on solar guards / frost sentinals?

Not sure if what they are using is a spell or an attack since spell echo works.
"
dagrumm wrote:
Do the ghastly gems with +xx damage to attacks work on solar guards / frost sentinals?

Yes they work on both spells and attacks.

If you want the most dps

cast speed > minion dmg > flat dmg

in that order
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
dagrumm wrote:

Solar Guards uses SpellBeamCannon (2085 to 3128 Fire Damage base) and Fireball (776 to 1202 Fire Damage base, with -50% range which explains why they have shorter range than Sentinels) which are both spells. Frost Sentinels uses three types of Ice Spear (494 to 741 Cold Damage base), all three are spells. Neither Solar Guards nor Frost Sentinels have basic attacks.

Only the spell/cast portion of damage modifiers affects them. So Abyss mod that has both attack and cast, only the cast portion affect those minions. Also the mod priority is like matt mentioned :

Flat Life + [Cast Speed > Inc. Damage > Flat Damage]
Gawd damn spell echo fixed now I can finally witness the TRU POWAH (vs single target)
Second-class poe gamer
So i spend whole day leveling this build and i now noticed this whole spell echo thing. So, it is useless now? Should i replace it with something else or how it is working now?
And should i edit current build somehow, so i can benefit those New gems? (I presume that current build guide don't include those).

p.s. Noob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info