Open Beta Supporter Packs

"
tachi203 wrote:

I would rather pay for progression.... Not a re-hash...I crave change.

And that's exactly what you did with the CB packs. The funds that OB packs bring will bring more change, the post even says they're working towards Act 3x and game release. CB is still special, and everyone is thankful for people like you that were there from the start to support the game. If I'd gotten into it sooner, I'd have bought a pack too. But you're really undermining your point by acting superior because you were here first. Your acting out is the hipster equivilant of the gaming world.
"
Ozgwald wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Dunno if anybody else has brought it up, but, while the weapon effects for the higher packs are awesome, what if you dual-wield? =0[.]o=

Some like me will agree, than you get a reply from some people that call you greedy and whiny little bitch. These very nice players tell you: "Man up and buy the entire pack twice."

Got to wait for GGG to clear this one out and ride the unfortunate storm some players have to bring in apparently.

Also in my previous spoiler tags/ post in this thread I understand the sentiment with OB support packages w.r.t. closed beta support packages. The issue lies solely in these two packs being so similar.

Forum title
Supporter pet
Design an unique (now 500 off, did it not use to be 2k?)
Flying pet vs glowing pet (I do take the flying dude)
T-shirt
Micro transaction points
Sound track

At the start this would be exclusive. The idea was that the CB support package was exclusive. Over time this slowly turned into forum title and kiwi (that and probably the best part that you played one of the golden eras of the game, which was CB). Now there is only the kiwi but a similar pet is made based on the same idea. The notion for many was that exclusive pets and other pets could be found in the shop at certain prices. Apparently this is not happening. I imagined the keystone and new t-shirt would be sold in the store, did not expect this to end up in a new supporter package.

So why is this choice made? Why make almost identical support packages, recreating exclusive content again. This time for OB. To make matter worse the psych element in this one are the new weapon effects and more polished products, previously not available yet (with respect to these weapon effects, most of the current effects look like an alpha version attempt at effects). The choice is made because these sell and people buy them. Which is fine, but as such you must not be surprised that you alienate old customers.

A package with: key & t-shirt
A package with: discounted micro points and one of the new weapon effect
A package with: A Rhoa plushie!!!

They could work, probably not as great at these packages though, especially since they contain content that will become inaccessible over time. So definitely GGG is making the choice for revenue and not their old customers. This solely has focus on new customers. A tactic that might work is giving old customers a discount. Or a way to upgrade into the new product (thing GGG tend to do), but there are other elements at play for which these tricks hold no value.

The least that could have been done:
- not an unique pet, but helm effect
- not including the forum title
- not labeling and advertising this as supporter packages and exclusive content

If they were just sale packages, that would yield a great deal for money spend, but you still get access to the digital products and/ or physical products the premise is changed.

You see it is not hard to understand the feelings of people not happy with these packages. To some extent this is the first time I am also not that happy about how things have been handled. As an old customer or supporter to this game, I feel that the relation of CB supporter with GGG, the one I artificially feel (or felt), suffers from the current deal.

There is a psych effect between being a customer and being a supporter. Imagine that what is done here would be done with a kickstarter? Exactly not the best strategy, you probably alienate old kickstarters. The kickstarting risk is you aiding the developer, being part of a product while it is not yet finished or successfully launched yet (can be said about CB, but also OB, however OB is treated by many a the full game launch, since everyone got access).

You can differ with people having these negative opinions about the open beta packages, but their opinion in not stupid or unimaginable. It is quite well understandable and those who find it necessary to flame these opinions and call the posters idiots, are the true idiots themselves. Vice versa I can see how these are nice products and that people seeing have both forum titles feel even more exclusive. The hording, nature of many people. Try to have your car with as many features as possible. Or simply you are more detached and liek to support the game in various ways, not really seeking for somethign in return. Learn to differ in view... but I guess simpletons love to hate for the hating.

Hope this creates some insight for people so that the childish banter and bashing back and forth can finally stop.

thanks, good post.
"
exorzist wrote:

you dont know what you are talkin about so why dont you stfu?
we CB supportes bought the support packs to support the development so that kinds like you can play the game. and it was stated that supporter packs like the ones in CB wont return.

anybody remember the countdown? 1 day left to get the closed beta supporter packs! 5h left to get the supporter packs. LAST CHANCE to get the supporter packs and have a forum title, t-shirt and of those nice pets. GET IT NOW, ITS LAST CHANCE BEFORE WE GO OPEN BETA.

so .. where is that last chance?

Do you have an actual quote of this? I remember them stating that that particular supporter pack won't return, but they may sell others in the future, and they've kept that promise.
Last edited by EpsilonWhale on Jun 7, 2013, 9:57:14 AM
"
iamacyborg wrote:

Fact is, people want to buy the packs. Should they not be allowed to because they weren't lucky enough to get a beta key during the CB period?

Thats the point, i never get my hands on a closed beta key so i couldn't play it before.. and i dont want to support a game i never played. So i just supportet them with my Microtransactions (at this point i was not knowing there will be any more supporter packs) and now yeah i spent 120$ and it was worth it, i really like this game. And i would buy a Exalted or Eternal Pack if would have enough money for that, but so i decided to buy a Divine Pack just to support them at least :)
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
Absolutely awesome OB pack! Thanks GGG~
ign: Morley_Anarchy_HK
"
Jarchan wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:

we CB supportes bought the support packs to support the development so that kinds like you can play the game. and it was stated that supporter packs like the ones in CB wont return.

anybody remember the countdown? 1 day left to get the closed beta supporter packs! 5h left to get the supporter packs. LAST CHANCE to get the supporter packs and have a forum title, t-shirt and of those nice pets. GET IT NOW, ITS LAST CHANCE BEFORE WE GO OPEN BETA.

Do you have an actual quote of this? I remember them stating that that particular supporter pack won't return, but they may sell others in the future, and the've kept that promise.

yes you are right. they said supporter packs might return ... but the point is, the current ones are almost identical ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
I strongly encourage selling those Chaos Orb keychains standalone...
Some real nasty people turning up to have a good ole bitch eh? Well, you will always get those people GGG. You know this and so do we. Reguardless well done on the open beta support packs. Really like the look of the Regal pack, should hopefully buy it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again for all your efforts GGG, much appreciated!
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Jun 7, 2013, 9:59:31 AM
Spoiler
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"
Ozgwald wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Dunno if anybody else has brought it up, but, while the weapon effects for the higher packs are awesome, what if you dual-wield? =0[.]o=

Some like me will agree, than you get a reply from some people that call you greedy and whiny little bitch. These very nice players tell you: "Man up and buy the entire pack twice."

Got to wait for GGG to clear this one out and ride the unfortunate storm some players have to bring in apparently.

Also in my previous spoiler tags/ post in this thread I understand the sentiment with OB support packages w.r.t. closed beta support packages. The issue lies solely in these two packs being so similar.

Forum title
Supporter pet
Design an unique (now 500 off, did it not use to be 2k?)
Flying pet vs glowing pet (I do take the flying dude)
T-shirt
Micro transaction points
Sound track

At the start this would be exclusive. The idea was that the CB support package was exclusive. Over time this slowly turned into forum title and kiwi (that and probably the best part that you played one of the golden eras of the game, which was CB). Now there is only the kiwi but a similar pet is made based on the same idea. The notion for many was that exclusive pets and other pets could be found in the shop at certain prices. Apparently this is not happening. I imagined the keystone and new t-shirt would be sold in the store, did not expect this to end up in a new supporter package.

So why is this choice made? Why make almost identical support packages, recreating exclusive content again. This time for OB. To make matter worse the psych element in this one are the new weapon effects and more polished products, previously not available yet (with respect to these weapon effects, most of the current effects look like an alpha version attempt at effects). The choice is made because these sell and people buy them. Which is fine, but as such you must not be surprised that you alienate old customers.

A package with: key & t-shirt
A package with: discounted micro points and one of the new weapon effect
A package with: A Rhoa plushie!!!

They could work, probably not as great at these packages though, especially since they contain content that will become inaccessible over time. So definitely GGG is making the choice for revenue and not their old customers. This solely has focus on new customers. A tactic that might work is giving old customers a discount. Or a way to upgrade into the new product (thing GGG tend to do), but there are other elements at play for which these tricks hold no value.

The least that could have been done:
- not an unique pet, but helm effect
- not including the forum title
- not labeling and advertising this as supporter packages and exclusive content

If they were just sale packages, that would yield a great deal for money spend, but you still get access to the digital products and/ or physical products the premise is changed.

You see it is not hard to understand the feelings of people not happy with these packages. To some extent this is the first time I am also not that happy about how things have been handled. As an old customer or supporter to this game, I feel that the relation of CB supporter with GGG, the one I artificially feel (or felt), suffers from the current deal.

There is a psych effect between being a customer and being a supporter. Imagine that what is done here would be done with a kickstarter? Exactly not the best strategy, you probably alienate old kickstarters. The kickstarting risk is you aiding the developer, being part of a product while it is not yet finished or successfully launched yet (can be said about CB, but also OB, however OB is treated by many a the full game launch, since everyone got access).

You can differ with people having these negative opinions about the open beta packages, but their opinion in not stupid or unimaginable. It is quite well understandable and those who find it necessary to flame these opinions and call the posters idiots, are the true idiots themselves. Vice versa I can see how these are nice products and that people seeing have both forum titles feel even more exclusive. The hording, nature of many people. Try to have your car with as many features as possible. Or simply you are more detached and liek to support the game in various ways, not really seeking for somethign in return. Learn to differ in view... but I guess simpletons love to hate for the hating.

Hope this creates some insight for people so that the childish banter and bashing back and forth can finally stop.

thanks, good post.

Agreed :)

1) Im just waiting for an apology for them doing this and that it wont happen again...

2) Or that they will remove the similaritys in the packages(And make it all right again)

!st option, the signed stuff stays off the walls for the resentment of this issue.

2nd option, Ill put it back up on the wall proudly.

I just dont want my stuff to feel cheapened for their profits sake...Or that its acceptable to do this to avid supporters..

Regards.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by tachi203 on Jun 7, 2013, 10:05:42 AM
"
exorzist wrote:

and if you are to make a RL comparison, then do it correctly.

if rollsroyce is selling me a special version .. a custom version and states that there is only a very few limited numbers out there ... and suddenly, 1 year later starts to produce a quite similar version to the "rare" version ... dude .. in reallife i could probably send an army of lawyers to hunt their asses down ...

thats exactly the case here ...

At first: Thank you for confirming my words by telling me straight away I " wouldn´t have no idea what i am talking about". You really are one of those guys who cannot live without feeling superiour, right?

So let me tell you something: What you miss to understand is that PoE is a business and the people working for GGG have to live from something to make this game possible. Your supporter pack is nothing else but the Ferrari: You spent a certain amount to get a special version, but that doesn´t mean that there is no other special versions offered from Ferrari company.

So what you complain about? The stuff you bought as unique stays unique same as GGG promised. There is not another Kiwi, there is not the same package as yours. But it is ridiculous (to say it in a decent way) to demand from a company that they must not sell any fanstuff in different packages.Again the question,whats your Problem with it???

I mean, really, did you expect that a modern company would only sell physical stuff for a few CB members, and then stop to make income? Just to make you feel great???

Really, you need this????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info