Open Beta Supporter Packs

"
tachi203 wrote:
"
iamacyborg wrote:

Fact is, people want to buy the packs. Should they not be allowed to because they weren't lucky enough to get a beta key during the CB period?

Absolutely.... It just shouldnt have been similar or the same stuff...

Regards.

Without inventing an entire plethora of new microtransactions, what could they offer? I fully support GGG's decision with these OB supporter packs, I think it's a good move and that some CB Supporters are whining without fully grasping the situation.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Dunno if anybody else has brought it up, but, while the weapon effects for the higher packs are awesome, what if you dual-wield? =0[.]o=

Some like me will agree, than you get a reply from some people that call you greedy and whiny little bitch. These very nice players tell you: "Man up and buy the entire pack twice."

Got to wait for GGG to clear this one out and ride the unfortunate storm some players have to bring in apparently.

Also in my previous spoiler tags/ post in this thread I understand the sentiment with OB support packages w.r.t. closed beta support packages. The issue lies solely in these two packs being so similar.

Forum title
Supporter pet
Design an unique (now 500 off, did it not use to be 2k?)
Flying pet vs glowing pet (I do take the flying dude)
T-shirt
Micro transaction points
Sound track

At the start this would be exclusive. The idea was that the CB support package was exclusive. Over time this slowly turned into forum title and kiwi (that and probably the best part that you played one of the golden eras of the game, which was CB). Now there is only the kiwi but a similar pet is made based on the same idea. The notion for many was that exclusive pets and other pets could be found in the shop at certain prices. Apparently this is not happening. I imagined the keystone and new t-shirt would be sold in the store, did not expect this to end up in a new supporter package.

So why is this choice made? Why make almost identical support packages, recreating exclusive content again. This time for OB. To make matter worse the psych element in this one are the new weapon effects and more polished products, previously not available yet (with respect to these weapon effects, most of the current effects look like an alpha version attempt at effects). The choice is made because these sell and people buy them. Which is fine, but as such you must not be surprised that you alienate old customers.

A package with: key & t-shirt
A package with: discounted micro points and one of the new weapon effect
A package with: A Rhoa plushie!!!

They could work, probably not as great at these packages though, especially since they contain content that will become inaccessible over time. So definitely GGG is making the choice for revenue and not their old customers. This solely has focus on new customers. A tactic that might work is giving old customers a discount. Or a way to upgrade into the new product (thing GGG tend to do), but there are other elements at play for which these tricks hold no value.

The least that could have been done:
- not an unique pet, but helm effect
- not including the forum title
- not labeling and advertising this as supporter packages and exclusive content

If they were just sale packages, that would yield a great deal for money spend, but you still get access to the digital products and/ or physical products the premise is changed.

You see it is not hard to understand the feelings of people not happy with these packages. To some extent this is the first time I am also not that happy about how things have been handled. As an old customer or supporter to this game, I feel that the relation of CB supporter with GGG, the one I artificially feel (or felt), suffers from the current deal.

There is a psych effect between being a customer and being a supporter. Imagine that what is done here would be done with a kickstarter? Exactly not the best strategy, you probably alienate old kickstarters. The kickstarting risk is you aiding the developer, being part of a product while it is not yet finished or successfully launched yet (can be said about CB, but also OB, however OB is treated by many a the full game launch, since everyone got access).

You can differ with people having these negative opinions about the open beta packages, but their opinion in not stupid or unimaginable. It is quite well understandable and those who find it necessary to flame these opinions and call the posters idiots, are the true idiots themselves. Vice versa I can see how these are nice products and that people seeing have both forum titles feel even more exclusive. The hording, nature of many people. Try to have your car with as many features as possible. Or simply you are more detached and liek to support the game in various ways, not really seeking for somethign in return. Learn to differ in view... but I guess simpletons love to hate for the hating.

Hope this creates some insight for people so that the childish banter and bashing back and forth can finally stop.

Last edited by Ozgwald on Jun 7, 2013, 9:43:06 AM
"
exorzist wrote:
"
Moonlight33 wrote:
What stubborn, selfish, decadent and asocial characters turn up in these CB-"supporters" ... !

anybody remember the countdown? 1 day left to get the closed beta supporter packs! 5h left to get the supporter packs. LAST CHANCE to get the supporter packs and have a forum title, t-shirt and of those nice pets. GET IT NOW, ITS LAST CHANCE BEFORE WE GO OPEN BETA.

hey exorzist get real, they said well before cb packs stopped selling that they would introduce open beta supporter packs, what did you think would be in these packs ? a bag of air ?
This is a crisis I knew had to come,
Destroying the balance I'd kept.
I was really excited for these, but after seeing them I am a little disappointed regarding the nerf to point values and the disappearance of the old point packs.

Especially the regal pack, which has no physical swag included to ship - why in the world is it 350 pts?

I wish you had included optional non-physical swag packs for the divine+. I don't really want a keychain, but I sure wouldn't mind an extra 200 pts.
Awesome! I love it. Just picked up the pack. Thinking back though..I should have gotten one tier higher.. =)
Your tears are like candy to me and I'm a fat kid who wants his candy.
"
tachi203 wrote:
"
Moonlight33 wrote:

So on RL, when you buy a RollsRoyce or Ferrari, would you tell the company to stop producing Ferraris and Rolls to make it impossible for so else to get it??? How stubborn,ridiculous is that !

What a horde of spoiled brats showed up in this CB-community today ! Disgusting!

Actualy...Just to nail in my point and your lack of understanding..

RollsRoyce or Ferrari

Are a very exclusive club...and Car manufacterer...Their sole marketing scheme is to only make a few thousand or less of each car to make them rare and special..And to sell them to a select few.... And people buy them with that in mind.....

That is what makes them collectable... Regards....

If they suddenly started makeing alot of them.... Dam...the price would drop...people would be pissed.

You have actualy just proved my point with your own example....

Burn...

regards.

Have a nice day.

Nope.

The point, and Ferrari's model is closer to them releasing one limited edition car (CB Supporters) and then a few years later, releasing a new limited edition car (OB Supporters). Two separate limited editions, both desirable, despite both being similar things.
"
xchokeholdx wrote:
"
tachi203 wrote:
"
iamacyborg wrote:

Fact is, people want to buy the packs. Should they not be allowed to because they weren't lucky enough to get a beta key during the CB period?

Absolutely.... It just shouldnt have been similar or the same stuff...

Regards.

"“As for us, we respect the past here and there, and we spare it, above all, provided that it consents to be dead. If it insists on being alive, we attack it, and we try to kill it.” "

Dont be afraid of change, Embrace it, as the dead should only live on in our memories and we simply have to live with the living.

If this game did not show progression but stagnation, how will you be stimulated to support it?

“My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four

You make me chuckle... Because to me...what they did was exactly a form of creative stagnation...And just regurgitated the same sales scheme...

I would rather pay for progression.... Not a re-hash...I crave change.

Regards.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi
"
Tungsvensk wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
"
Moonlight33 wrote:
What stubborn, selfish, decadent and asocial characters turn up in these CB-"supporters" ... !

anybody remember the countdown? 1 day left to get the closed beta supporter packs! 5h left to get the supporter packs. LAST CHANCE to get the supporter packs and have a forum title, t-shirt and of those nice pets. GET IT NOW, ITS LAST CHANCE BEFORE WE GO OPEN BETA.

hey exorzist get real, they said well before cb packs stopped selling that they would introduce open beta supporter packs, what did you think would be in these packs ? a bag of air ?

the rant is not about supporting the game. go support it ... the rant is about the current pack has almost identical items ... thats just a no-go
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Really cool packs! :-)

Looking forward for my t-shirt, and the people who will ask me what the strange symbol on it means (Tabula Rasa)! :-D
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
"
iamacyborg wrote:

Nope.

The point, and Ferrari's model is closer to them releasing one limited edition car (CB Supporters) and then a few years later, releasing a new limited edition car (OB Supporters). Two separate limited editions, both desirable, despite both being similar things.

They retain desireability..because even if they re-hash and (Update) they still only make a limited amount... And it is better in some way atleast... Thus being an entirely new car.

This is just the same thing... different shape shinnies... Its not any different. But they still used some of the old offerings...

Which they really should have just left out.

Regards.

Embrace the suck.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info