Open Beta Supporter Packs

During Path of Exile's Closed Beta, the sales of Supporter Packs funded a significant portion of the game's development. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to raise a total of US$2.5m, which helped us pay for the content and server costs of the Open Beta release earlier this year. With the success of the Open Beta, millions of new gamers have found Path of Exile and many have been supporting us via our microtransaction store. This support is greatly appreciated and covers our day-to-day development costs, guaranteeing that Path of Exile will be around for a long time.

After months of being asked about the possibility of Open Beta supporter packs every day, we decided that we should give our new community members the chance to show their support and receive exclusive bonuses. We'd love to scale up the size of Grinding Gear Games and deliver you more content, faster. Act 3X is in full production mode currently and any additional resources will help us deliver additional acts, monsters and complex game systems like guild support and website trading sooner.

We took masses of feedback on board when designing the new Supporter Packs. The most important change is that J!NX is producing our physical merchandise and will be shipping it from their warehouse in America. They can produce higher quality products that we can. The collaboration also allows us to offer exciting new physical merchandise that we can't produce ourselves, such as a keychain based on the Chaos Orb currency item. We were also able to put T-Shirts in the first of the shipped packs, rather than at the $250 tier like last time. We're expecting that shipping will be underway in early August!

Thank you so much for your continued support of the game. Without our community and their generous contributions, we would not be able to provide Path of Exile as a game free of pay-to-win elements. We hope you really enjoy these supporter packs and are looking forward to the release in October as much as we are!

Clarifications:
  • You can display both a Closed Beta and Open Beta forum title at the same time!
  • In a few days we'll have support for upgrading "Point Packs" to these new packs.
  • These packs are for sale until Open Beta ends (October).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 7, 2013, 4:58:34 AM
"
Dreggon wrote:
1. Can I display my OB and CB titles at the same time?
2. Can I have two pets out at the same time? Kiwi, and rhoa?

The titles do display at the same time! I need to make that clear on the page!

You can still only have one pet out at a time, for now.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Tornspirit wrote:
For people who have purchased points standalone when open beta released, or spent them on items such as the $1000 custom unique without the knowledge that these packs were going to release, is there going to be any reimbursement for them?

I personally haven't spent anything since closed beta, but I am very tempted to now. It'd just be slightly off if those who have supported the game without these benefits to be left behind.

The $1000 custom unique purchasers get a free Exalted pack and are able to upgrade to an Eternal pack for $500.

In a few days we will hopefully have support for upgrading from "Point Packs" to these new packs.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Chris;

Ruler of Wraeclast Pack only grants 11000 points, same as the Eternal Pack. I think you're missing a 0.

We have given it the contents of the Eternal Pack but haven't included any extra points because custom monster creation is massively expensive (far more so than the $12,500 covers).
"
iamacyborg wrote:
My poor bank account :(

I love you.
"
Is it possible to purchase more than one pack?
I'd like to get all the effects/rhoas, but 12k is a bit of a stretch for me, I could pretty safely do one each of the others over time though!

Yes, you can definitely purchase all of the others. Thanks!
"
Huaojozu wrote:
"
burgundy wrote:
"
Is it possible to purchase more than one pack?
I'd like to get all the effects/rhoas, but 12k is a bit of a stretch for me, I could pretty safely do one each of the others over time though!

yes you should be able to buy the smallest pack and then go up in the packs and get each specific effect or pet but it may also be that the new effect replaces the other too.

hopefully not replacing but adding.

If it didnt replace but add instead, there would be no point in buying say Divine pack immediately. Ot would always be more rewarding to buy them from the start (assuming the upgrade costs is exactly the difference between packs).

Therefore it either
a) costs more to upgrade from one pack to another than the difference between their costs
b) the new effect replaces the old one
c) the higher pack contains all the lower effects as well (doubtful)
d) none of the above in which case no one smart will ever buy the higher packs directly.

It's 'b'. You don't get any advantage for upgrading through the packs in order other than getting to try the effects out and/or make smaller payments over time. It's completely safe to just buy an expensive one right away. Hint hint ;)
"
qvaza wrote:

Can we upgrade the current Open Beta support packs like we used to in CB?
For example i just bought Regal and thought that i can actually get the 110$ one by paying the 60 difference.
Maybe Im blind for not seeing the option or it will come with the change you mentioned above.

We're going to be adding upgrade options early next week. We want to support people upgrading and will make sure that it's possible and easy.

"
fraz81 wrote:
So if i spent already 50 dollars and would like to buy now an exalted pack should i just pay the difference in price?
Exalted pack minus 50 bucks ?
Much Love!

Once it's working, yes. There may be some small fixups related to packs giving different amounts of points.

"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
Love it! I have a question in regards to the T-Shirts. How do we pick our size? Is there just a default size that is being shipped out?

We're sending out instructions for this as soon as we have it finalised!
"
ubix wrote:
when you purchased a supporter pack in cb u got for $10 --> 100 coins, $25 --> 250 coins, $50 --> 500 coins... (so you always got the amount u paid x10 in game coins)

and now u get for $30 --> 200 coins, $50 --> 350 coins, $110 --> 800

why you get MUCH LESS coins now?

Closed Beta supporter packs are better value because:
  • They were supporting us when the game was much worse. We promised their packs would be better value for points.
  • The new packs have way more other stuff in them (Weapon Effects!)
  • We're trying to make sure the economics are correct so that the game benefits the most from people's support.
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Crevox wrote:
I've paid $30 already into this game... do I get the open beta supporter pack retroactively or do I have to pay another $30 if I want it?

No, you don't. In order to be officially recognized as a "Supporter" you have to buy, even the cheapest Supporter Pack, regardless you like the content or not. Otherwise, you can spent hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of points, but you will not have any official recognition of that fact.

You may be able upgrade from $30 of points to a $30 pack by sacrificing 100 points (to make them equivalent). We're still working out the logistics of complex upgrades like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info