0.11.0 Patch Notes

Okay so I have a lvl 71 Marauder and LvL 59 Templar.
The Marauder is damage and live based and the Templar is a Tri Spork with Tri Curse.

So how is the patch for me.

Marauder:
Well my gear are not very good on the Marauder but like mid range.
DPS increase without changing by build is close to 1k on my heavy strike, now doing 6.6k (will still pickup 200% increase towards end game).
my life has dropped with close to 300 points.

So farming low level areas is much faster, as one do quite a bit more damage(might be even to much)
Using Glacial Hammer one can also see the increase of the the splash when you have the new health bar indicators switched on.

Taking on Kole , You know that big fat dude in Lunaris Level 2.
Now firstly he has always provided a big challenge for me as I do not have the life to take 2 hits from him, and as a melee Marauder is is always close and personal.

So after the patch I though well Maybe he would be hitting a little bit softer and maybe i can get pound him. WRONG!!! . Kole now one shots me and will provide quite a challenge going forward. Fortunately he is not a requirement to finish the game, or to progress to Piety.

Vote on Changes. Not bad. Yes I'll have to change a few things But at the level where i'm at it is a not that great impact. picking up a decent Pile driver and getting the Armour and Damage node i need toward late game .. I might be over powered to be honest. Might be able to get to 25+k damage (Only time will tell).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEYXRiRGS4bUiECIVUhYCSLJScn7Si1KS4q9jH7Mgk5DjpSPQ9AoESyROdHfk3YUEdQUFYEVw1YY11JXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNZ5tyqXTtdPF27ndieu97jHy7fNl99YFvhNmE74Zgh2qMdozPkGyZK548nrmezZ_LogCnMKkaqWiplKvFrKq53b2BxBXE9sbYyZjSIdSP2WHfv-8O707wH_Iv8932SPcy974=

The Templar

Well It is a spork build , I know It is a cheesy build but I had to try it.
So right before the patch I have had no problems killing the lightning resistant rock Titan (Gneiss, I call them Tiny's) in Merciless act 2.
After the patch I can see that there is less damage, but I think for the first time in the build it looks like there will be some challenges and not an absolute walkover. I do believe the Nerf is actually good and will make the game more interesting. It does look still that spork build will be still viable

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFLAVUBo4HRQkiyWvKPopTyynOVI6MDrYPQ8_J0GHRtdN2E5tT31YB1nzWitcDF3GYG1mnme9bPZuqnB9erh8u31TffWAVoFvgpuCx4uMjHaPRpBVm6GePKPypwinhKmVrJiuk7aGuJO8N8AazLfN-tDQ1BXVddrd3fPhc-vu7DjtIO5v8s7zcfTp99f60g==

So GGG, Personally I think a balance was needed and it is a valiant effort.

I do believe the damage for melee might be a bit to much, I guess time will tell.

Nice work, and Thx for a great game.(Yes there is plenty, that people still want, but it is Beta)

So overall from My perspective it seems to be a good patch

:)
May i join theese upcoming leagues with my current character or i have to create new one ?
"
Augustrad wrote:

Monsters do less damage, more than you think. Because of how the armor formula works, armor is significantly more effective at reducing damage now with the less damage monsters do. Its a buff.

WHAT? Stop pls! How work hp? HP IS MAIN for regen + BM + for surv + LL + many many many stuffs.
And you TOTALY forgot about MAX res! So you want to say A LITTLE buff for ONLY armour give you MORE res + more regen + other stuff... then ok, think about it as "buuuuuuufffff". Its TOTAL nerf. I test on bosses and now almost any boss can O N E S H O T any my char. And i ofc saing about MAPS with good roll on IQ wich mean BIG INC DMG for mobs. Before patch i surv and kill all bosses and little by little farm good items, now i can easy farm act 2 and Docks. Lunar act3 start to be harder (little but still its true). And ES nerfed too... And my witch lost 35 or 40 dex... idk why but i need now more dex bcs new changes :(

"
knn123 wrote:
May i join theese upcoming leagues with my current character or i have to create new one ?

You need wait when start and choose what league ypu want to play then create new char.

"
Quak3 wrote:
my melee is much more tanky now (lost ~500 life @ lvl 70) but i can dive into enemy crowds w/ cyclone now like a madman which i cudnt do be4 the patch.

they certainly reduced monster dmg by more than 1-2% :D

Did you start Merciless? Or you joke like that?
I expected much of this patch, maybe too much.
I barely notice any difference with my DW Shadow.

I'm dealing a few DPS more, but the problems for physical damage are unchanged: Lack of support gems. I would really love to play a pure physical character, but it's not worth it even a bit. Added Fire Damage is too good to not take it, since there's only one support for the average physical build, being Melee Physical Damage. CI build get another of those. That's it. It really annoys me, that about 2/5 of my damage is elemental, just because it's the most efficient way to build a "physical" character.
Then there is another problem, which stops me from playing my character again and again: Lack of skills for claw users. Physical claw users, to be specific.
I just can't enjoy playing my character anymore.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
After the patch i can finally say i was mostly wrong.
The desync fix, helped a bit if you "don't live on the edge" if you know what i mean.
If you have a bit of survivability desync fix will get you on sync in time and it's wonderful.
Really good job on this "fast" band aid wich for me was the most important thing.
Tonight i had a lot of fun with my cyclone marauder physical lvl 66 after some time i wasn't playing him.
At first was really sucky but after a bit of rework of gear and skill he really rocked the hell out :)
Ok , you nerfed my EK witch really bad , from 5300 dps to 4700.... i know you think it's not much but i worked hard for every bit of that dps, or at least that is what i feel and wasn't nice, considering i had taken the bandit phys damage reward and i have a (divined) magnate (only 31% tho).
Anyway all my characters are still well playable.
Thanks for the patch.
I 'm really happy to say i was wrong, believe me , and i'm sorry if some desync
made me rage on the forum but that was really bad bad bad ... now i gotta come back to my chars rage on the mobs instead!

The lifebars rocks !
Maybe a second "more definied" less "blurry" version also. Cause i like it so.

Last edited by fraz81 on Jun 6, 2013, 5:35:39 PM
"
Delirii wrote:
I expected much of this patch, maybe too much.
Then there is another problem, which stops me from playing my character again and again: Lack of skills for claw users. Physical claw users, to be specific.
I just can't enjoy playing my character anymore.
there are enough skills that can be used by claws... cyclone, viper, frenzy, dual, double, lightning strike, ele hit, puncture and flicker.
and lots of supports that can buff/change them.
btw. in addition to that: next to the shadow tree there are great phys claw nodes and they got buffed, take a look.
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
Thank you
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
Fantoster wrote:

"
Quak3 wrote:
my melee is much more tanky now (lost ~500 life @ lvl 70) but i can dive into enemy crowds w/ cyclone now like a madman which i cudnt do be4 the patch.

Perhaps my opinion is a bit bias from being on Alpha and having first hand knowledge of the changes actually made. Perhaps it is my tolerance for change being a bit higher than most. Maybe it is a few things, but I will say this much :

I do not have a character below L60 on any of my accounts, on either of the leagues. Merciless has been completed, lore-wise, on nearly all characters, and I only play melee. With the exception of my 77 Duelist which focuses on Ground Slam and Lightning Strike, I do not rely on the safety of ranged ability. I am in the mess from start to finish.

Yes, the guess of 1-2% damage reduction is VERY off.

I have yet to actually respec any of my chars, I have not seen the need to do so. Though, I do have a speed freak Shadow that has been sitting dormant for a while as I went overboard with the speed and suffer desync very severely.

Point is, without any changes since the patch, my chars are not only performing better than before, but are doing so with quite a harsh loss of life, very little armor, and a "in your face" play style that puts them at risk each and every time I enter a map.

As it stands now, the only thing I fear with my chars is reflect. This is one aspect I think still needs addressed. With the reduction of life and increase of damage output, reflect for physical users has become very touchy. I nearly one shot myself on several occasions with Heavy Strike and even sweep a few times. The higher DPS is great ; The result of it's reflect is not.

But even with a significant loss of HP, There is nothing that I would wish to change back to before the patch. The recent buff to Life Leech is nearly enough in itself to keep my chars alive and pounding. This coupled with a faster kill rate, and a bit of time to adjust has given me a new appreciation for my physical based chars. All it takes is being mindful of your own limits, map mods, and monster ability.

We are barely into the patch, with more refinements to come ; Patience is a virtue.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Jun 6, 2013, 9:22:45 PM
"
"
Fantoster wrote:

"
Quak3 wrote:

Perhaps my opinion is a bit bias from being on Alpha and having first hand knowledge of the changes actually made. Perhaps it is my tolerance for change being a bit higher than most. Maybe it is a few things, but I will say this much :

I do not have a character below L60 on any of my accounts, on either of the leagues. Merciless has been completed, lore-wise, on nearly all characters, and I only play melee. With the exception of my 77 Duelist which focuses on Ground Slam and Lightning Strike, I do not rely on the safety of ranged ability. I am in the mess from start to finish.

Yes, the guess of 1-2% damage reduction is VERY off.

I have yet to actually respec any of my chars, I have not seen the need to do so. Though, I do have a speed freak Shadow that has been sitting dormant for a while as I went overboard with the speed and suffer desync very severely.

Point is, without any changes since the patch, my chars are not only performing better than before, but are doing so with quite a harsh loss of life, very little armor, and a "in your face" play style that puts them at risk each and every time I enter a map.

As it stands now, the only thing I fear with my chars is reflect. This is one aspect I think still needs addressed. With the reduction of life and increase of damage output, reflect for physical users has become very touchy. I nearly one shot myself on several occasions with Heavy Strike and even sweep a few times. The higher DPS is great ; The result of it's reflect is not.

But even with a significant loss of HP, There is nothing that I would wish to change back to before the patch. The recent buff to Life Leech is nearly enough in itself to keep my chars alive and pounding. This coupled with a faster kill rate, and a bit of time to adjust has given me a new appreciation for my physical based chars. All it takes is being mindful of your own limits, map mods, and monster ability.

We are barely into the patch, with more refinements to come ; Patience is a virtue.

+100

You Sir have made the most sensible post about this patch i have read anywhere on the forums. I am shyt at building characters and the patch didnt really affect me to much but my main had a hp loss and it actually made my solo play harder than in a 2man group but thats all on my build :)

I like the patch and I liked it before release, but was and am still worried about the HP and res nerf's as my main lost around 5-10% res and maybe that has added to his harder time surviving.
Awesome patch, I can finally survive again! (Yay! No more getting killed by single monsters before I can get them.) I can finally enter areas at my current level without fear of getting slaughtered immediately (although I still have to be very careful).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info