Blind

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Is it possible for blind to proc on that attack or not?

Well, for one it's important to note that Spark is not an Attack, but a Spell :P

Blind checks if Hits are made and then rolls the dice; it does not check if Damage is dealt.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Is it possible for blind to proc on that attack or not?

Well, for one it's important to note that Spark is not an Attack, but a Spell :P

Blind checks if Hits are made and then rolls the dice; it does not check if Damage is dealt.

Thanks, I had read conflicting information about whether or not the hit had to deal damage to have a chance to blind.
just wanted to say that blind is a great gem and is underrated.

with that said, I fee like quality is completely lackluster. the base duration is 4 secs and level 20 with zero quality boosts it up to 5 seconds. one extra second is no incentive to get the 20% quality at all, it's a very long time period in this game.
Any update when Blind will proc on AoE such as Poison Cloud ?

Thanks
"
Never. Blind is explicitly something which happens on hit. a Poison Cloud is degen, which never hits anything.
"
grepman wrote:
just wanted to say that blind is a great gem and is underrated.

with that said, I fee like quality is completely lackluster. the base duration is 4 secs and level 20 with zero quality boosts it up to 5 seconds. one extra second is no incentive to get the 20% quality at all, it's a very long time period in this game.

You can't just think of it in that context alone.

Blind is 4 seconds base, level 20 gives 30% increased duration, and 20% quality gives 15% duration. Couple this with a 20/20 Increased duration for another 103% and you have almost 150% duration, or near 10 seconds. If you'd like it to last even longer, their are passives on the board that gives 15% duration per skill point, but I think even 1 full second of near melee/projectile invulnerability is worth it for sure, but it means more as you stack more duration. Each second counts.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"

Thanks

It does work on AoE's that hit something though, like say double strike + melee splash, or cleave, or Rain of Arrows, etc.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Never. Blind is explicitly something which happens on hit. a Poison Cloud is degen, which never hits anything.

Although I would like to point out that that would be a really cool effect of Poison Arrow, especially because you can't see shit through a bunch of them in some maps anyways.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
so it sounds like this just lowers the enemy's impact on your evasion entropy? meaning a bunch of blinded monsters will eventually land a hit, it just takes them four times as long. i hope that's right.
IF you want defensive stuff this is prolly the best gem to use with skills that hit multiple targets (not counting curses or enduring cry).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info