Item Allocation Specifics

"
Urpo wrote:
"
Free for All: Items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.

Ah, it's the first melee buff to be announced.

hahah good one, i laughed xD

to GGG: i really like this patch, looking forward to do allocated public maps :)
5 minutes seems like a long time, especially if someone doesn't realise that an item has dropped for them. Can this also be distance-based? So if they go more than ~3-4 screens away, it deallocates?

FFA also disadvantages ranged classes, though it's great for private groups.
IRON MAN
Awesome.
Thank you for these changes. I really dislike free for all and am not really a fan of the current system either. Very welcome change. Adding 4-6L items and high level base items to the allocation list is awesome too.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
Chris wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
"
Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.

Can you clarify what this means exactly?

Does it mean for example, if I'm in a lvl 66 map, any item with a level requirement of 66 or higher is automatically assigned (white items included)?

What about maps like level 75 maps where no items have level 75 requirement?

If you're in a level 62 area and a level 62-64 item drops, it gets allocated. A level 61 item does not.

If you're in a level 75 area, a level 74 item is not allocated.

I'm still a bit unsure what you mean by the level of the item. Does this refer to the item's level requirement? I'm guessing this is what it means since every item that drops in a level 75 area will be AT LEAST item level 75, and max of 77. Correct?
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on May 24, 2013, 1:32:23 AM
"
Venceslau wrote:
Not instanced loot yet:(

It's better than instanced, you can see what other players got.
"
Aux wrote:

I'm still a bit unsure what you mean by the level of the item. Does this refer to the item's level requirement? I'm guessing this is what it means since every item that drops in a level 75 area will be AT LEAST item level 75, and max of 77. Correct?

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Item_Level

There ya go.
IGN EntropicThunder
For the permanent loot allocation system:

It sometimes happens that the loot gods prefer one particular participant of the lottery more so than others. This person might be challenged to pick up all his/her riches. However, it might be a good idea to unlock the loot item once it has been attempted to pick it up but was dropped back due to "out of inventory space error". It would save some hassle when playing with friends who can pick up the leftovers.
Perhaps it already is in there, in that case nvm.
"
While if I had my way, it would always be FFA loot. I suppose it was bound to eventually happen that GGG would have to accommodate. I guess at least giving options is the best way to go.
At least I can finally turn off the annoying loot timers when I play with friends.

But you can have it your way. Having the option for other people to do it otherwise is literally a win win situations for everyone; no one will bitch about their loot being stolen in your group, and I won't have to watch my shit get ninjad because it is made impossible. This change will make the game so much more enjoyable for a large portion of players that don't enjoy this sort of forced PvP element.
IGN: Jatkojohto
Last edited by Ninmi on May 24, 2013, 1:36:50 AM
"
Hulkcore wrote:
"
Aux wrote:

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Item_Level

There ya go.

That can't be it because every item in a level X area is /itemlevel X or higher. If Chris is talking about the base item level then he must mean the level requirement of the item because that controls at what level that item starts dropping. Low base level items can still drop in a high level area, but not the opposite.
Last edited by Urpo on May 24, 2013, 1:40:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info