Item Allocation Specifics

I'm usually not the one contributing to the forums, but a big thanks goes out to the devs here. This change will make it funnier for ppl who like to compete over loot, and relive the stress for those who choose not to play in that stressful enviroment that the loot-issue causes.

Keep on going GGG, I hope this is the game I'll be playing and supporting for many years to come!
IGN: HowToDoADab
"
geradon wrote:
i can foresee the next slowbie's request: permanent allocation of items until they delete their account because when already stuffed under the roof they can't leave the area without THEIR ITEMS becoming free for all.

Bah, too much work! Once the area is clear of monsters, my character should just be able to send a message to the nearest town vendor and have them come out to the instance, collect the loot and then deposit the corresponding sales currency in my stash. Items worth keeping can be marked for the vendor to clean and polish before putting into the stash.

If the vendors complain too much, we can exile them to some other lesser game.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
When does this patch come? 29 May or next week?
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Bah, too much work! Once the area is clear of monsters, my character should just be able to send a message to the nearest town vendor and have them come out to the instance, collect the loot and then deposit the corresponding sales currency in my stash. Items worth keeping can be marked for the vendor to clean and polish before putting into the stash.

If the vendors complain too much, we can exile them to some other lesser game.

good idea. also, as a microtransaction, "mini- vaal" should be introduced who vaccums every item from the map, then same as your vendor.

good stuff.
Nice
finally GGG would like to implement this after everyone is gone..sasly
We still need a mode for players who want to earn their gear by playing the game rather than using trade chat spam or 3rd party web sites.

Where's Account Bound Mode?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/384384
"
"
While if I had my way, it would always be FFA loot. I suppose it was bound to eventually happen that GGG would have to accommodate. I guess at least giving options is the best way to go.
At least I can finally turn off the annoying loot timers when I play with friends.

But you can have it your way. Having the option for other people to do it otherwise is literally a win win situations for everyone; no one will bitch about their loot being stolen in your group, and I won't have to watch my shit get ninjad because it is made impossible. This change will make the game so much more enjoyable for a large portion of players that don't enjoy this sort of forced PvP element.

QFT.

Thank you very much GGG!
This patch will bring me back to PoE.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Venceslau wrote:
Not instanced loot yet:(

They even go this far and still casuals cry. Just go back to D3, honestly. Please Chris, never do this, don't change the loot system ever again to please these 14yr olds, it's as close to instanced loot as it ever should be.

As far as I'm concerned, the new loot option is instanced loot. No one can ninja what was dropped for someone, so why does it matter if everyone can see it. In fact, I prefer that everyone can see everything. It just makes more sense.

If you ask me, D3's item drop system, where you can only see what is yours is a flaw. With everyone only being able to see what's theirs, producing the visual loot pinata effect in multi-player games requires dropping more items than otherwise necessary. And if you are flooding the ground with items for everyone just to produce a visual effect, the additional items basically have to be junk. You cannot make these additional items useful, otherwise people will gain power too quickly.

I'll take PoE's new, improved drop system over D3's any day of the week. The loot pinata effect is much more exciting with godly drops than useless junk. In other words, in personal dry spells where I'm not getting anything godly for myself, I'd rather see godly loot for someone else than a continuous stream of useless trash that's all mine. Just the sight of something godly, whether for me or not, is positive reinforcement that good loot does drop.
"
Uthixo wrote:
As a long term fan of FFA loot givng the option for allocated loot means there is only one true option for loot efficiency, and that's your garaunteed loot option.

This means a huge majority of public (if not all public groups) will always be allocated loot. You just took a shit on the D2 style loot system in favor of handed out loot, pathetic. This coupled with the already lack of PvP content means outside of races you have shit competition.

I'm extremely happy that we adopted the WoW loot system for what was a great loot focused ARPG. Glad to know I now have to be at a loot disadvantage (risk my loot, when others have no such risk) in order to enjoy competition. I know that this patch will be the death of loot competition.

Fucking pathetic. Bitch enough about losing and the devs WILL hold you by the hand and make your frustration go away, truly touching

Just write me off as overreacting, but this change is fucking insulting.

"As a long term fan of FFA loot....", guess what, there is a FFA loot mode; use it and be happy.

Me, I'm going to use allocated loot mode; because I hate having my drops stolen.

A mode for everyone. Rejoice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info