Item Allocation Specifics

"
Fusion_Power wrote:
I still don't get it why the Devs just don't use instanced loot, it's much simpler, saver and less loot-grab-stress for the Players. It's one of the FEW things, that really work in Diablo 3 and nobody complains about that.
Is it really that hard to code a working instanced loot system in PoE?

Because Devs have the best ping and can grab all the stuff way faster than anybody else :P

Only leechers, grab-bot users and some people with really good pings profit from FFA and vote for it.

The only 'feature' of FFA is stealing someone's loot...

Its just the same like in D2 where in the end you didnt got any loot in a party even with good ping without running a grab-bot....
Last edited by azraelb on May 27, 2013, 10:03:35 AM
Awesome changes - I love choice :D

We work to a fairplay system, but really it's tiresome the amount of times in the evening we have to stop and ask - "Who's drop was this?" Especially when my cowardly ranger was spamming ice shot from the rear and the drops landed just off screen :xD

Some questions from my 'inner QA' about how permanent will work :

What will be the status of an item removed from a player's bag and thrown onto the ground in permanent allocation? We sometimes use this method to quick exchange drops on the run without opening trade windows. My assumption is that it will be a free for all pick-up as it was not dropped by the loot allocation thingy.

Also, considering the above, what will happen to the state of a drop if I attempt to pick it up and my bags are full?

Current behavior seems to indicate that a pick up and 'bag space allocation' attempt occurs, which then fails due to not finding the right size gap. Does this nullify the drop's player allocation as it is seen as 'thrown away', or does it maintain it's allocation until it successfully reaches a bag slot?
Bah,

It always should have been instanced high quality items to the player that got the kill. It's not fair in a party for all the wimpy leechers to gain from the experienced player's prowess. However, as a compromise, it could be coded so that the party leader can set options whether or not the drops are FFA/Instanced(permanently to the killer). Let the cheap cheesy crap stay in CT games. Give the players the choice!
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
It's one of the FEW things, that really work in Diablo 3 and nobody complains about that.

I guarantee you instanced loot was at one point heavily complained about. It's just that nobody had an idea on how to deal with pickit scripts, which GGG did with loot timers.

Also in D3, public grouping was awful so people didn't party so they had no reason to complain about instanced loot but there were tons of complaints about it up to the release of the game
Last edited by terrorist on May 27, 2013, 3:11:37 PM
I love that everyone has the option to play the game like he wants to.

I don't do public games, I play with my friends. For us, it REALLY sucks when we don't know to which player a drop went.

-"Oh nice... a divine! Gratz!"
-"I thought it was yours...?"
-"Oh it is? I'm not sure man..."
-"I'm pretty sure it's yours"
-"Yeah... I don't think so. If it was an alt, I don't say, but this is a divine bud..."
-"Don't worry about it, grab it"
-"Ok I guess... thanks though." Proceeds to grab the divine while feeling like shit.

So yeah, well done GGG!
-
Last edited by Hobo467 on Mar 5, 2014, 3:35:39 AM
"
Uthixo wrote:
As a long term fan of FFA loot givng the option for allocated loot means there is only one true option for loot efficiency, and that's your garaunteed loot option.

This means a huge majority of public (if not all public groups) will always be allocated loot. You just took a shit on the D2 style loot system in favor of handed out loot, pathetic. This coupled with the already lack of PvP content means outside of races you have shit competition.

I'm extremely happy that we adopted the WoW loot system for what was a great loot focused ARPG. Glad to know I now have to be at a loot disadvantage (risk my loot, when others have no such risk) in order to enjoy competition. I know that this patch will be the death of loot competition.

Fucking pathetic. Bitch enough about losing and the devs WILL hold you by the hand and make your frustration go away, truly touching

Just write me off as overreacting, but this change is fucking insulting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Nice little rant you just had there. Are you feeling better now that you've had a little cry?

Personally, I'm damn glad this change has happened!
Whilst I only ever play solo or with people I know, the ability to set a permanent allocation is fantastic. No more whining about loot drops!
IGN: Pastryfighter
Woot, m2m

Ty ggg.

Keep up the good work :))
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
After almost a year I can finally change my sig!
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
Thanks Chris, This is what i needed to join and create parties..looking forward to the patch.
Last edited by DrSteveBrule on May 27, 2013, 11:00:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info