Item Allocation Specifics

GG GGG, nothing more to add.
Excellent patch.

I'm still bootstrapping gear for my toons, so it's pretty much impossible for me to be both survivable enough to get to the loot before it becomes FFA and still contribute DPS-wise.

I've counted 2 uniques, at least 10 superior gems and many nice currency items that have been ninja'd because I was unable to to get to them before the time expired.

To all the "FFA" advocates, "FU, no more leaching from me!"

One suggestion, drop the 4-links from the "valuable" list and add 6-sockets (any links) instead.
While I think any loot mode that is not FFA is monumentally dumb in a game like this, I tend to look on the positive side. Marking public games FFA is a guaranteed way to keep the carebears away from joining.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
A lot of people in this thread need to be warned or put on probation. Just attacking people because options were added to the game.

Its amazing.

Its amazing how naive you are.

Its never the case that options are just added, the developers always want to achieve something by doing so.

Melee buffs are incoming, they implement FFA which will be really popular in HC, melees have a severe advantage towards ranged in an FFA environment, do the math yourself. Its a way to promote people switching to melee, or rather to force them if they want any loot, away from what they played for the last months.

What they wanted to achieve is making more players happier with the looting system and playing more public games.

Your reading too much into it.

As I said, youre way too naive. Theres a reason why all these melee promoting changes are getting implemented in the exact same patch. Its definitely not a coincidence.
I think it's a great patch. I can't understand why people complain about this, it's a option system. If you feel confortable with FFA or any other option just create a party and with that option and run for your loot.
"
Stokes wrote:
While I think any loot mode that is not FFA is monumentally dumb in a game like this, I tend to look on the positive side. Marking public games FFA is a guaranteed way to keep the carebears away from joining.

Explain to me why you think that FFA is a smart system in a game with unlimited stash space.
"

To all the "FFA" advocates, "FU, no more leaching from me!"

you're welcome. grumpy indeed.
Great news! I'll spread the word since many people hate FFA.

Now, make sure we can filter the loot option when browsing a game. For example, I want to see game that has the Permanent Allocation option only.

1 out of 3 requests done, next is death penalty redesign (to be less frustrating) and the return of MoC (or something similar that go deep with random level (some kind of endless dungeon that is lower tier than maps) to create variety and randomness in order to not get bored by always playing low-end maps and act3).
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on May 24, 2013, 9:52:52 AM
I may start plying public with permanent mode available.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
Warrax wrote:
Great news! I'll spread the word since many people hate FFA.

Now, make sure we can filter the loot option when browsing a game. For example, I want to see game that has the Permanent Allocation option only.

1 out of 3 requests done, next is death penalty redesign (to be less frustrating) and the return of MoC (or something similar that go deep with random level (some kind of endless dungeon that is lower tier than maps)).

You fuck up, your get punished. The death penalty is fine, nothing more to say. You deserve losing a big chunk of your exp when you die, its also to promote you rerolling a new character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info