Item Allocation Specifics

I find it amusing that people call FFA competitive.

How the hell is it competitive when youre next to the loot while the ranged has to run 3 seconds to get to your position? Exactly, it isnt.

This change will only promote chest running in farming areas like for example Fellshrine even more. Its already bad, but the situation will become 10times worse now.
A lot of people in this thread need to be warned or put on probation. Just attacking people because options were added to the game.

Its amazing.
Standard Forever
Thanks for reserved loot.

Brings only good things.

Real ninjas will play in the same group and have even more item tension, which they like so much and will enjoy the game as the want.

People which don't want item tension for whatever reason will enjoy their loot.

Leeches which can win a ninja-fest because of better specs / ping (not skill) will learn how to ninja when then other ninjas are around (or go cry in a corner).

WIN WIN WIN
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Great work GGG! This loot system should appeal to all sorts of players. I know I'm liking it already!
IGN: NujARC
"
nynyny wrote:
"
cronus wrote:

i wonder how big this map to maker change makes the entrance barrier for new players into the map system. sure they can trade for 66 maps but prices for those will rise quickly.

You can run Piety for maps, so that wont be a problem. Lunaris 3 runs give better exp than 66,67 and most 68 maps anyway, so why bother playing them?.

youre right but as melee i didn't dare to solo piety yet. and catacombs only gave 2 maps for 20 runs. docks even less. this said the map to maker change fits perfectly to the guaranteed loot option
"
iamstryker wrote:
A lot of people in this thread need to be warned or put on probation. Just attacking people because options were added to the game.

Its amazing.

Its amazing how naive you are.

Its never the case that options are just added, the developers always want to achieve something by doing so.

Melee buffs are incoming, they implement FFA which will be really popular in HC, melees have a severe advantage towards ranged in an FFA environment, do the math yourself. Its a way to promote people switching to melee, or rather to force them if they want any loot, away from what they played for the last months.
I love the possibility of playing with FFA loot. Finally public group players will learn to view loot as a reward for quick reflexes / playing in melee range instead of feeling punished by having 'their' loot 'stolen' while sitting safely hidden behind their totems :)
IGN: Avlee
"
avlee wrote:
I love the possibility of playing with FFA loot. Finally public group players will learn to view loot as a reward for quick reflexes / playing in melee range instead of feeling punished by having 'their' loot 'stolen' while sitting safely hidden behind their totems :)

A reward for playing in melee range.

Sure buddy because most life based builds melee range builds arent safer than ranged builds anyway already right? Holy shit this delusion.

FFA sure promotes quick reflexes when you have 2 seconds time until the ranged reached your position to pick up an item. You have all the time in the world to even choose between them, decide what you want to pick up, that has nothing to do with whether or not you have quick fingers.
Last edited by nynyny on May 24, 2013, 9:11:14 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

Build for HC players. Am I supposed to laugh? FFA loot is a retarded system in a game that has melee and ranged characters, you should have realized that by now.

the current system worked quite well

Exactly, the current one. So there wasnt a reason to implement FFA, since its a stupid system to begin with.

problem is there will be no ffa or timed loot parties as people will take the easy route. we will see. i stop qqing now.
"
Adam1902 wrote:
Gotta please the whiney little bitchy sad Blizzard ShitCraft carebears somehow, eh?

+1
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info