Item Allocation Specifics

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
terrorist wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
And I want Path of people actually playing public games. With the M2M change people might actually PUG in maps! Friggin awesome.

You think people aren't playing public games because of the loot system?

Wow.

I am one of those people and I know and have seen plenty as I have posted more in the looting thread than perhaps any other player in PoE. I have seen many many comments and I have met many players in there. So I believe I have basis for my claim.

+1 you are not alone. But I would prefer instanced loot option to try to play in public parties.

"
Sneakypaw wrote:

well, it can split the playerbase

It is split anyway, into those who accept current system and those who did not play public because of FFA (I'm the latter).
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 24, 2013, 4:53:37 AM
too late. my friends gave up playing.
the gaming system is the biggest problem. think what can we do after end game? just playing maps forever?
"
"
While if I had my way, it would always be FFA loot. I suppose it was bound to eventually happen that GGG would have to accommodate. I guess at least giving options is the best way to go.
At least I can finally turn off the annoying loot timers when I play with friends.

But you can have it your way. Having the option for other people to do it otherwise is literally a win win situations for everyone; no one will bitch about their loot being stolen in your group, and I won't have to watch my shit get ninjad because it is made impossible. This change will make the game so much more enjoyable for a large portion of players that don't enjoy this sort of forced PvP element.

I like the new changes a LOT!. Having said that, I think both sides of the FFA/Allocated discussion will get something different from what they expected. Players who used to tag along and reap the rewards generated by strong melee characters, may find they have to get up into the danger zone to have a chance of getting any decent drops in FFA games. Less risks will equal less rewards - rightfully so.

By the same token, players who can survive may just dart in and capitalize on the drops without doing much killing. Some of those who thought they really wanted FFA, may decide it isn't quite what they want for public games.

It'll be interesting to see how the FFA/Perm Allocation game creation numbers shake out.

The good news is that we have choices and we will know up front what we are getting into.

The mostly M2M is awesome- should be a lot more map runs with more players and better drops (due to quantities). I suspect we'll see the POE economy jump started by this.

Thanks GGG!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Chris this change you are trying to do pull..... will actually bring me back to the game.

Thanx
"
deefa wrote:
I chose to accept the mantle of exile and to challenge myself in learning the game, its currency and loot system [...] I learnt

...A problem was never being able to build my own map pool and not having the necessary IIQ/R to do so...

You sure did learn if you think personal quantity and rarity affect map drops.
"
KoTao wrote:

Map Making: Im envisioning the public map maker and his 5x randoms in the lab, map maker creates portals, one of the randoms leaves party and takes a portal before the maker or others in the main party, forcing his own looting preference on the map since he is now the "leader" of his 1-man "party". Hope you guys foresaw this and coded the map/party/spawning interactions accordingly, or therell be rage!

I havent thought of this but now that I do I am also curious how they fix this? If I make map and portals arrive and I go in as 4th.. Am I still considered maker?
The force is strong in the power of the thorns!
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
*starts slow clap*

But seriously, from what I understand, this means that if a white map drops in a group game then it is allocated to the maker but if a blue, yellow, or unique map drops it follows the regular allocation system? That just doesn't make sense to me. Map to maker should just mean map to maker. Correct me if I am understanding this wrong though.

Problem nowadays, atleast in hardcore mode, is that there's not enough mapping groups around. It is very good that other party members get to have some maps they can start mapping with. We need more mapping groups.
IGN: Nifs
Just pointing out that Melee gets a secret loot buff because they can make their own free for all parties and steal all the loot.

Gotta go make myself a Duelist...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
Pendoza wrote:

I havent thought of this but now that I do I am also curious how they fix this? If I make map and portals arrive and I go in as 4th.. Am I still considered maker?

Is it not, that "the maker" is who pressed "Activate" in map machine?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
a big step back. i feel i'm getting a bit sarcastic: what about letting the party leader choose how much loot drops or to enable a god mode or the death penalty percentage?

i really hope this decision gets what you probably aimed for: more open parties. though all these will be with assigned loot (who wonders) and you have to grind in the party screen to find them (hint hint: scroll down to the end).

i highly approve the map to maker change though i would have made this one optional.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info