This a Bot

"
byce wrote:
"
astroMonkey wrote:
And how is "farming" 5Ls and 6S with scripts not a bannable behavior is beyond me...

E: Just read the GGG response,
and it seems that the fix Chris is promising will be sufficient.

The purpose of closed beta is to try and break the game in whatever way possible and report it, including exposing things that could be exploited by bots. :P

Too true.

The other part of that equation would be to report said exploits to the developers, so they can be patched. Not to admit to it only after getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar :P

Makes you wonder how many other bugs/exploits this guy has found that he's, "oops, teehee" forgot to mention to the devs.
"
jvp wrote:
Makes you wonder how many other bugs/exploits this guy has found that he's, "oops, teehee" forgot to mention to the devs.

^^^
"
jvp wrote:
I'd like to reiterate that I wasn't the one who came up with the idea, just the one who scripted the idea. I'm generally not devious enough to come up with something like this, but I definitely have the programming wherewithal to execute such a plan.

That said, I know of no other exploits beyond silly ones like rotating gems/items to make the implicit mods of a vendor recipe item better (such as the onyx ammy as mentioned by fearthebowtie), but that isn't something that "needs" scripted, it's something that can be executed manually quickly and effectively.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
fearthebowtie wrote:
How is this really new info to anyone?

this works the same for making Onyx amulets... keep trying different rank 1 crap gems till the combo gets 20+

I am relatively new to PoE so when I discovered it I just assumed it was common knowledge.

It's closed beta... Trying to break the system is why we are here, FBI cyber crimes employs x-hackers who were caught...Not in jail..

Go rage about that.

which recipe is this?
Some of the people in this thread are ridiculous. It's CLOSED beta, and you're crying over a person using a basic botting application? Of course he'd be banned on release. If anything this is helpful to devs to observe basic game abuse.
IGN: cThief
PoE URL Shrinker: http://poeurl.com/
"
Kabraxis wrote:

You should be permabanned.
Everyone that use and abuse this to get items without reporting a bug/exploit to GG should be permabanned.

GGG's response is to make botting
1) extremely inconvenient
2) not profitable

as well as making sure currency farming isn't worthwhile for the effort/investment of training a new body to understand PoE's complicated currency system.

And your reaction is to be annoyed? They want botting to be irrelevant. Which is the only reasonable approach to eliminating it.

JSP and RMT would be absolutely ok if actual players used it to disinvest their findings. It's pretty clear from other recent games that botting WILL occur as long as RMT is plausible. But do you think you can teach unskilled laborers to farm up a stash full of GCP/Alch/Chaos? It'd be pretty tough. They'd end up turning into actual players along the way, since I can't imagine any kind of shortcut to that result.

Labor establishes the market that bots eventually settle into. But for the bots to be a profitable development effort, labor needs to establish a market first. I doubt, in this case. GGG's stance is solid.

Can't bring myself much to care about the OP being given nothing but a scarlet letter. It doesn't matter much.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 16, 2012, 5:26:35 PM
One skill gem of each color

+amulet

Gives you an onyx amulet

Change the gems around / necklace

And it actually displays in the window the +stat you will get

Ive made several +20 stat rare onyx doing this.

(best idea is to pull crap necklaces out and 2 or 3 of each gem color, try different combos till you get a +20)
Last edited by fearthebowtie on Jul 16, 2012, 5:34:26 PM
I feel like you guys are putting far too much pressure on GGG.
You must relize that there always will be bots. It is simply a program imitating a human. Yes most of the users will get banned fairly quickly because they are simply taking other people's published work but the ones who make them and keep them private won't be discovered as easily. Luckily the amount of people who actually know and invest the amount of time it takes are very few.

Making a good script takes alot of time, most of the scripts that are homemade are pretty inefficent, shity to say the least. As long as GGG avoids making a ``please abuse me spot``, spots such as leorics vases and the act 4 vases it wont be that simple to abuse the system. Surely there still will be scripts but not as redundantely and only a handfull of people are capable of making those. However the trading system at the moment alongside other systems seem fairly complex I sincerely don't believe boting will be the only solution to gain wealth. Like seriously think about it the botters in d2 were not rich whatsoever compared to the experienced traders in d2jsp, unless you had like 100+ clients running. I myself was 100% legit trader in d2 and could make like 50-100 hrs a day easily(500-1000fg) and every once in a while when I hit the jackpot I made 1-3k in one trade, meanwhile the botters would be happy if they could manage to find 5hrs in a day.

The only thing that scares me frankly is that this game will be f2p which makes it very easy to run tons and tons of clients at the sametime. This is however a issue that GGG really needs to figure out, I myself don't really know how one can make this system abuse safe.

"
as well as making sure currency farming isn't worthwhile for the effort/investment of training a new body to understand PoE's complicated currency system.

This statement is false and correct. The average newbie botter who searches for scripts might not manage to get one, however anyone with even a little experience will be able to figure someting out.
step 1 monsters are easily killed in aoe
step 2 you can see all items on map
step 3 script it to take up all items written in x and colour x or simply take the picture of the text and put it into the script to autoclick on

What bougles me is why games have yet to make the pictures autogenerated (item text when picking up and in inventory) like small differences between all, maybe somekind of effect as overlay would eliminate 99% of amature botters. This was just something I came up with in the moment but I could see this as something that would really render me. Most games to be honest just don't try to stop botting, it is as if they want people to bot. Almost as if they want people to get banned and then start allover because most botters are unexperienced. Even putting a randomly generated code entry every time you log in and out of a game would probably erase tons and tons of possible botters. If you ask me it is worth it. Just examples I came up with in the heat of the moment, there are ofcourse other better easily implement solutions. The whole game doesn't have to lean on a direction to simply eschew botting, there are tons of easy smart tricks.
Last edited by neroscapegod on Jul 16, 2012, 6:29:43 PM
"
Chris wrote:
My current thinking is that while it's likely we will have a zero-tolerance policy to any form of clientside modification (and will ban instantly for it), if we leave the game exploitable by simple tools such as AutoIt then we deserve all the problems that happen...
Very well said. I use AutoHotKey for tons of quality of life improvements in just about everything I do, from typing out documents to playing video games. Running a macro program like that isn't any "worse" than someone using a 12 button mouse, or a game pad. It just makes my life easier/better.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by TheRabbit303 on Jul 16, 2012, 6:29:02 PM
Games like Darkfall online, you almost MUST have autohotkey scrits to even be effective but there are people who play without them and do just fine...

But why force someone to press three keys for one action when you can make it one key for one action. (pulling out sword and shield and parrying for example)

I was very anti scripts till i played DFO competitively, then i realized how key they were to improving quality of play.(where the developers failed)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info