This a Bot

And how is "farming" 5Ls and 6S with scripts not a bannable behavior is beyond me...

E: Just read the GGG response,
and it seems that the fix Chris is promising will be sufficient.
"Stick it with the pointy end."
-------------------------------
IGN: astroTemplar; astroTank; astroRogue
Last edited by astroMonkey on Jul 16, 2012, 9:24:53 AM
I'm not going to defend what I did, but I helped it get discovered prior to open beta, that's gotta count for something?
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
I'm not going to defend what I did, but I helped it get discovered prior to open beta, that's gotta count for something?

That's exactly the reason I'm not half as mad as I should have been, wow.

Either way, I suppose we owe Tallonz a thanks for finding this deal out and to Chris for taking fast actions.
"Stick it with the pointy end."
-------------------------------
IGN: astroTemplar; astroTank; astroRogue
Last edited by astroMonkey on Jul 16, 2012, 9:44:42 AM
Looks like a min. lv req per act per difficulty would be a good idea then.

But seriously .. making a script to check hundreds of permutations of 5 items for a possible 6S or a 5L/6L?

Did that involve pixelsearch for sockets and an array container to store/mem each specific item at their storage page and location?
Sounds like a lot of work!

I once bought a 6S straight from the vendor btw

edit
Hammer it's time to update your sig :p
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
Last edited by Mune on Jul 16, 2012, 9:49:41 AM
"
Mune wrote:
Did that involve pixelsearch for sockets and an array container to store/mem each specific item at their storage page and location?
Sounds like a lot of work!
A lot of work, but programming comes naturally for me. I never used more than one page of the stash; a stash page can hold 18 bows (8,568 unique sets of 5) and 24 chests (42,504 unique sets of 5). With 1:306 odds of getting a 6S and 5:306 odds of getting a 5S, there were plenty of opportunities for good gear with just one page. But yes, I was using an array (several, actually).

"
Mune wrote:
Looks like a min. lv req per act per difficulty would be a good idea then.
Or better yet, a difficulty setting so I can get 5 man loot drops/exp without going to the trouble of getting 5 men to Chaos.
"
Mune wrote:

edit
Hammer it's time to update your sig :p

I tried to do a strikethrough ([STRIKE][/STRIKE]) for my old user name, but it didn't work, anyone know how to do so?

EDIT:
test

ah, lowercase strike...

But it won't work in signatures.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 16, 2012, 10:02:03 AM
I wonder if - with what change to that particular recipe might be coming - the recipe won't get used as much anymore?
I can see that the original intention was along the line of getting a free roll for a magic or rare at the expense of storage and passing up on a bunch of scraps.
However I'd be less interested in the 5 to 1 deal if making *interesting* socket constellations less likely to happen.
By *intersting* I mean ... yeah right :)

The *normal player* (if there is such a thing lol) would hardly to go to great lengths like you did.
But I could see them begging you for the script, if nothing were done about it.
Really curious what the changes will be like!

If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
I'm guessing they'll just show the item as they show it now, but without displaying any sockets/links.

Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 16, 2012, 10:17:16 AM
quick! somebody steal his original ign!!! (lol)
IGN: Sudoku
some interesting stats:

From ~400k posibilities i had about 20 5l and 1 6l

normally takes ~3h for 10k.

At least thats my experience.

The success dropped extremely after some patch in march or april.
not sure which it was. But it had something to do with the level increase in chaos.
"
TehHammer wrote:

Why didn't you report that this was possible when you initially discovered it? Would you have continued on doing this in open beta/retail if someone hadn't reported your bot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info