This a Bot

"
I see, thank you for clearing that up. I'm no mathematician, so the number of combinations was pretty surprising to see. In any case, removing the sockets from sight until the transaction is completed, while somewhat inconvenient compared to the current system, is more consistent with the rest of the game. For example, when you roll an item with your orbs, you don't have a chance to see what it will become - you have to do it and hope you get lucky. Same thing with this vendor recipe.

Yes, this is how the recipe is supposed to work (with hidden sockets).

Especially since with this recipe you could get simply 5 normal base items (which shouldn't require much grinding at all) and than use 5 orbs of transmutation and go to the vendor - and you basically get a better version of the Jeweler orb (because currently you can see the sockets) and with finding just one more, at least white, item you can have 6 different chances with just using 6 alterations (and i guess we agree that alteration orbs are worth much less than jewelers... - and this is currently better than a jeweler)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
These guys all named with roman numerals stacked neatly in merciless act1.

(Nice necro)

Aw, my old thread, this one made me a celebrity. =D

How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
(Nice necro)

Oopsie~

Not my fault the search can't sort threads by date.

Anyways topic is relevant as ever. The maras are still stacked on the beach as I write this message.
A mass of chars with similar names doesn't necessarily imply botting, if they all move fluidly together, it's almost certainly a multiboxing program and is against the rules, take a video and send it to the devs/support. If they each move individually, then it's just someone loading multiple accounts and is permitted, as long as they're not being controlled in an automated fashion (which will usually manifest itself as all of them moving to and from the same locations at nearly the same time).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

"
TehHammer wrote:
FYI, this was my mule account.

Someone made the suggestion a while back (in global chat) that the sockets being visible from vendor recipes could be exploitable, sent some messages out to general chat to request some rare chests that matched some rare chests he had and then he tried to sell them manually to create a 5L/6L, going through them systematically. He didn't have any luck, but he did find that the socket numbers change when you juggle the items sold. I don't remember who my inspiration was, but it wasn't my evil-genius idea, so I can't take full credit.

Also, you'll notice that my "OldManWithABow" character has been renamed to "OldManWithABot", thanks Chris. :p

For the record, using this method, I could farm 7 jeweler's (telling my script to stop at 6 socket items) in about 10 minutes running the script (assuming I had 12+ of a base type with the same rarity and a little luck). If I told it to continue on to 5L items, it would find roughly one every a night (sometimes more often). I also had it log where a 5L/6S item would be so that if the script continued past those items (or failed for any reason), I could later go back to the combination of sold items that vendored for a 5L/6S.

I've only "farmed" a 6L item once, despite my best efforts to get a 6L thicket bow that way. Ironically, the 5L Thicket Bow I use was created from scratch, although I would imagine some of the jeweler's/fusings used in its creation were farmed through my script, although I'm not positive.

As far as the level 2 in Ruthless, HammersMule, he's actually in Chaos. You see, leveling up is far faster with a low level leecher than it is with a high level one. All it takes to get a level 1 to chaos is a bunch of portals (yay portal gem) and about 1.5 hours.

Some of the items farmed:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
part of me likes the playfulness of the devs response but the majority of me thinks you should be banned. I mean seriously running macros and scripts all night? I hope they cleared your stash out
Last edited by Drahken on Apr 30, 2013, 11:40:49 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Drahken wrote:
part of me likes the playfulness of the devs response but the majority of me thinks you should be banned. I mean seriously running macros and scripts all night? I hope they cleared your stash out
And what good would that have done? That was closed beta, it was easy to get beta keys, everything got wiped anyway. If I (or anyone else) did this in closed beta, I'd fully expect bans to happen, but Chris clearly stated (in this thread) that they weren't going to do anything like that for anything short of maliciously trying to bring down the servers. Beta is for testing, don't forget that.

So at what point were you going to speak up & say something(if you hadn't got caught by other players)?

Obviously you knew what you had created worked, and you created what you did with a specific purpose, so what exactly were you still "testing" after you saw your script worked? Testing to make sure your script was working the way you need it to after Beta ends?
This was already discussed in this thread, if you're bored enough to comment on it, I suggest reading it.

Oh it was closed beta? IDC then (serious)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info