This a Bot

"
astroMonkey wrote:
And how is "farming" 5Ls and 6S with scripts not a bannable behavior is beyond me...

E: Just read the GGG response,
and it seems that the fix Chris is promising will be sufficient.

The purpose of closed beta is to try and break the game in whatever way possible and report it, including exposing things that could be exploited by bots. :P
Two questions:
What do you use to script\program something that can interface with a game like this? I do a lot of programming myself, but this eludes me.

Which recipe are you using to get items? In the recipe thread there's only recipes that return orbs.
"
Pwntheon wrote:
Two questions:
What do you use to script\program something that can interface with a game like this? I do a lot of programming myself, but this eludes me.

Which recipe are you using to get items? In the recipe thread there's only recipes that return orbs.

If you turn in 5 of the same base items it returns 1 unidentified item.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
"
Pwntheon wrote:
Two questions:

I was using AutoIT. It's very simple, wasn't reading RAM (although it can) or anything fancy, literally just scanning pixels and sending mouse clicks, interacting with the game as a human would, although a tad faster and more accurately.

The recipe is 5 items of the same base type (e.g. Thicket Bows) of the same rarity (e.g. magic, especially since blue items are cheap to forge) rewards an unidentified item of the same base type and rarity.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 16, 2012, 2:13:42 PM
Too bad the gem thing will get removed. But you can't do this effectively without a script to track it. I tried doing it manually for a little bit and best I came up with was a 4 link. Had plenty of items, but not enough time or accuracy to keep track of the different possible iterations.

I use autohotkey in some other games, but dunno how to do what you are doing, although it would be nice to run and try my luck with the weapons i have, but i already sold most of them. had something like 40 of the same type of rare.
So basiccaly in this thread we have:

1. Exploit that now is revealed and everybody talking about 'how to bot in Poe" without any consequequences.

2. Person who finds this exploit decide to abuse it with custom AutoIT scripts to meke good items, he was caught and.... nothing?

3. We know about this exploit only bacause someone decides not to abouse it but report it (OP of this thread).

No bans? No Warnings? Nothing?
Dev response? "we will fix this".
Not even "this is strictly prohibited" ?
Cmon.....

Hilarious.

"
I'm not going to defend what I did, but I helped it get discovered prior to open beta, that's gotta count for something?

You dont help at all. You just use exploit with illegal software and you decide to not report this exploit.

You should be permabanned.
Everyone that use and abuse this to get items without reporting a bug/exploit to GG should be permabanned.

Im dissapointed with Chris reaction. It looks like another game with care policy for cheaters.

PS. And this thread should be deleted ASAP. Official game forums are not good place to discus AutoIT scripts.
Less ppl that read this = better for game.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jul 16, 2012, 3:07:01 PM
I must admit i laughed out loud. The official punishment for botting/exploiting in this game is "we will slightly change your username".
1) the "exploit" wasnt hidden, the features to swap item sets to 'optimze' the results of this recipes was discussed between some people in a longer thread some time ago...

2) the "bot" fact is simply, that not everybody has the skills to create a script like he did - I also thought about trying to use AutoIT to control POE in some useful way, but with no real idea what to do with it, and mainly for own educational purpose.

3) the devs seem to have already taken care of the "abuse" and started their defense

4) I count it as a part of "our job" to afflict the game, to get deeper experience about its inner self and also to gain statistical data.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Kabraxis wrote:
So basiccaly in this thread we have:

1. Exploit that now is revealed and everybody talking about 'how to bot in Poe" without any consequequences.

2. Person who finds this exploit decide to abuse it with custom AutoIT scripts to meke good items, he was caught and.... nothing?

3. We know about this exploit only bacause someone decides not to abouse it but report it (OP of this thread).

No bans? No Warnings? Nothing?
Dev response? "we will fix this".
Not even "this is strictly prohibited" ?
Cmon.....

This is an issue that we've known about since we added the recipe - we just didn't prioritise the (annoyingly hard) suppression of the socket display.

We haven't yet decided a formal policy on how to deal with people abusing exploits in Open Beta, but we're probably not permabanning people during Closed Beta unless they repeatedly disrupt the game service by crashing servers. Once we enter Open Beta and the policy changes, we'll make sure that people understand the consequences.

My current thinking is that while it's likely we will have a zero-tolerance policy to any form of clientside modification (and will ban instantly for it), if we leave the game exploitable by simple tools such as AutoIt then we deserve all the problems that happen...
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
How is this really new info to anyone?

this works the same for making Onyx amulets... keep trying different rank 1 crap gems till the combo gets 20+

I am relatively new to PoE so when I discovered it I just assumed it was common knowledge.

It's closed beta... Trying to break the system is why we are here, FBI cyber crimes employs x-hackers who were caught...Not in jail..

Go rage about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info