Miscellaneous News

"
pengant wrote:
"
piotras wrote:
"
DNncai wrote:
Also, why are people leaving PoE?

RNG/orbs, high-end map and experience gain, melee vs range issues, 'path of life nodes' and degrading build diversity, desync, inflated economy, among others

but it's in the beta stage after all, hopefully people haven't left for good and are just taking a break, it would be silly otherwise since game is still young

First paragraph pretty much sums it up.

Second paragraph I have to disagree. The game has launched. This 'Beta' tag is a perfectly safe way to do so with an unfinished product and is becoming pretty much the industry standard for games of this type nowadays.

Free2Play model - make money from microtransactions - add new things to keep people playing/paying money - Keep the Beta tag so any issues can be explained by the one magic sentence 'its still in Beta'.

Unfortunately POE failed on the adding new things to keep people playing. No endgame content to keep hardcore players interested, despite that being their target audience.

New insulting microtransactions such as 'Let's give Rain of Arrows that green colour the bosses use, $10 please.' doesn't help either.

Excuse me here, but are you serious ?
Honestly I cant believe this comment. If Path of Exile is failing in endgame content then I really dont know what you expect from a ARPG.
This is a game with weekly updates. Of course, not every update can be a new act for you to enjoy, but they keep adding new items, balancing skills, new prizes for races, and so on.

People complaining about microtransactions ? Really ? So you are able to enjoy the game completely for free yet you find insulting the devs for trying a way to make money without taking the game into a p2w situation.

Its pretty clear to me, everytime I read the news or updates that GGG is working hard to deliver great content and I find their honesty refreshing, to say the least.

After the biggest letdown in history of ARPG that was D3 (sadly I had to name it), players having the chance to play POE feels almost like poetic justice.

And please, stop saying that people suddenly stop playing the game cause of the "endgame", orb mechanics, etc. I didnt run a poll with the community but Im sure that people also stop playing POE just because they simply get bored and move to other games or just taking a break.

Last edited by blackspiral on May 17, 2013, 1:13:49 PM
"
pengant wrote:

First paragraph pretty much sums it up.

Second paragraph I have to disagree. The game has launched. This 'Beta' tag is a perfectly safe way to do so with an unfinished product and is becoming pretty much the industry standard for games of this type nowadays.

Free2Play model - make money from microtransactions - add new things to keep people playing/paying money - Keep the Beta tag so any issues can be explained by the one magic sentence 'its still in Beta'.

Unfortunately POE failed on the adding new things to keep people playing. No endgame content to keep hardcore players interested, despite that being their target audience.

New insulting microtransactions such as 'Let's give Rain of Arrows that green colour the bosses use, $10 please.' doesn't help either.

So much failed ignorance here.
Looks like you're been burned one too many times with the F2P moniker, with two high profile F2P launches debacles recently, its fair to be cynical, but unfair to rap on GGG like this.

Misleading statement about lack of an endgame. That's maps, from L66 to L77, RNG-based endgame. You should read about GGG's principles about basing this game around RNG to help produce content, although I feel you couldn't be arsed.

As for RMT, no one is forcing you to buy them, GGG needs funds too, and you can wait for the daily deals. Alot of us are making pseudosubscribing, spending $5-15 or even more per month to buy points to how GGG our support.

Sounds like you nobody can do right by you, posting qq after qq of trolling, vitriol, poorly misinformed, ignorant, misplaced entitled, manipulative, spiteful, negative and posts full of hate hate hate. Psychopathic and sociopathic personality type right here.

Yet you play a NW, a P2W game, riddled with exploits, and a broken economy. Lets see how long you remain there too :)

Kingroad sounds like the more appropriate game for you.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
blackspiral wrote:

Honestly I cant believe this comment. If Path of Exile is failing in endgame content then I really dont know what you expect from a ARPG.
This is a game with weekly updates. Of course, not every update can be a new act for you to enjoy, but they keep adding new items, balancing skills, new prizes for races, and so on.

People complaining about microtransactions ? Really ? So you are able to enjoy the game completely for free yet you find insulting the devs for trying a way to make money without taking the game into a p2w situation.

Its pretty clear to me, everytime I read the news or updates that GGG is working hard to deliver great content and I find their honesty refreshing, to say the least.

After the biggest letdown in history of ARPG that was D3 (sadly I had to name it), players having the chance to play POE feels almost like poetic justice.

And please, stop saying that people suddenly stop playing the game cause of the "endgame", orb mechanics, etc. I didnt run a poll with the community but Im sure that people also stop playing POE just because they simply get bored and move to other games or just taking a break.

Just read his post history Blackspiral, its all troll pretty much.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Psyched for the big news! Love the work and regular patches <3
"
blackspiral wrote:

Do you know what arpg is all about? Nope, aint about grinding for levels, 25+ currency that act as gold. Yep mate this aint arpg this is F2P game MMO style.
IGN - Burq
Last edited by kyoritsu on May 17, 2013, 2:18:45 PM
1'st column
2'nd row

Best. Helmet. Ever.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Holy CRAP those helmets look amazing!
Hey Chris, you may want to consider changing:

www.path-of-exile.pl is a Polish fansite that is one of our oldest. www.poe-forum.de/

To:

www.path-of-exile.pl is a Polish fansite that is one of our oldest. www.poe-forum.de/

That way there is a space between the 2 URL's making it easier to distinguish the fact that there are 2 URL's.

Edit: I see it has now been changed to better define them.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 18, 2013, 12:51:08 AM
helmets look awesome!
i <3 minesweeper
Last edited by Runeword on May 17, 2013, 3:34:41 PM
"
kyoritsu wrote:

Do you know what arpg is all about? .. aint about grinding for levels .. etc

What? ARPG are all about the grind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info